Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree MW... I think that Cox actually is the weak link. He is far too slow at the moment. I want to see Cloke and Moore together in the last two weeks. I am very excited actually at the prospect.

And I disagree with anyone who dares to claim that these two games don't matter because it is "season over". Sorry, that is no way to get ready for next year. These last two games matter more than ever. Go Pies!!
E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:07 am

i think the right set up for our forward line is as follows:

targets: Moore, Faz

decoy: White (chose White over Cloke for his ability to ruck)

medium talls: Howe

small forwards:

dangerous goal sneak: TBD
defensive forward: TBD

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:14 am

Degoey is shit, he just is, sorry, can find his type in the rookie draft, why the **** hine chose him, he's shit!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:25 am

Next week is a very big game for Buckley, its his only chance to break the trend of dropping down the ladder every season for 5 years, can he get the side up to 11th or even 10th???
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:26 am

Liked the games of Trelor, DeGoey, Aish, Goldsack, Adams, Grundy, Moore.

Thought DeGoey showed some good signs. I'd select him with Pick 5 again, even with hindsight. People would have 2m Peter instead? No thanks. I don't see what the fuss is about. He's starting to kick better and has held some good marks lately under pressure. Add a bit more explosiveness and work on his side-step over the next couple of preseasons and we have a serious player on our hands.
Aish has a very good footy brain under extreme heat. I also like his ability to do quick snap kicks in packs that carry some distance. Last week's goal is a good example.
I like Adams..he's improved a lot, but his kicking action makes me cringe. Yes I know it's effective most of the time but you just know it will let us down at a crucial moment. The shame is that it's very fixable. Come-on Pies get your act together. It's not hard to see what a smooth kicking action looks like.
Goldy is an interesting one. He's a decent mark, kick, and has pace. Thought he was really good for us. If his body is right, I'd keep him for another year.
Agree that Oxley deserves some more game time up forward to see what he can do, especially on the G.

On the negatives, I think Greenwood and White are a real worry. Greenwood is slow and a bad kick. He was supposed to be tagging Bont but it was a no-contest. White just isn't a footballer. Occasionally he may surprise with something good, but his stuff-ups are so many and varied I can't even think what they all are. Blair..I'm not even going to go there. He does try though.

And the umps? Well let's just say that in a game where a lot of decisions are open to interpretation, there were a few against us that were clear-cut and totally inexcusable..the Bont holding-the-ball that wasn't paid and led to a goal..the DeGoey tackle where the guy was just running along with the ball and didn't see the DeGoey tackle coming. Twice in a week now our players have been left dumbfounded and in total disbelief at the "play-on" decision. In fact, to the point where last week Pendles actually did the "holding-the-ball" umpire signal to the umpire. Not to mention the Sidebottom marking contest at the death where he nearly had his arm ripped from it's socket. Fair competition? My arse.
One more thing..if anyone watched the FoxSports after-the-game analysis, you would think Bontempelli was the only player on the ground. No mention of Pies playing well. I guess King has to pretend he's a serious commentator and not contradict himself after his crap article on Bucks in the HS today.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:43 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Degoey is shit, he just is, sorry.

Thought he presented when others were not. Give him a break.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:51 am

The worst part was when DTM ran down on the fence and showed his guts. I think Cameron Ling said "Oh my goodness".

Why was Sidebottom not given 2 clear marks near goal in the last quarter and umpire 6 murdered us in the first quarter with soft frees. Why when a player is pinged for holding or dropping the ball is he allowed to regain and hang on to it In one case Grundy wanted it, player held it.After taking it off him. No reason to hold. Immediate 50. No. Grundy kicks and Dogs spoil and run it down their end.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:56 am

ronrat wrote:
The worst part was when DTM ran down on the fence and showed his guts.

Well get Stuffed then Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:56 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Degoey is shit, he just is, sorry.

^ And that, my friends, is what "no idea at all" sounds like. He was in the votes of many posters in the GB medal for good reason.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:15 am

ronrat wrote:

Thought he presented when others were not.

DTM certainly did.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:25 am

I have nothing to say at the moment apart from feeling proud and upbeat despite a shattering loss.

I saw enough to maintain hope for our prospects in the near future. There's still deficiencies we need to work on but this was chalk and cheese compared to last week's encounter against Richmond.

Still baffling how we perform well against good sides, but let ourselves down against the sides around us. It's been the most frustrating part of the season in my opinion.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:30 am

What did it look like to you?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:45 am

The reason we played well and nearly beat another finals team is simple. The ruck. I thought we'd win this game because Grundy would dominate the ruck, which he did, because this gave our midfielders a chance to shine. It almost won us the game, but for some skill errors and a few passengers we still had in our side.

Greenwood and Blair went missing....again. Neither should be part of our plans going forward.

The best thing to come out of the game was the signal that Darcy Moore is already a star. I predict he'll be the best key forward in the comp next year. Treloar is a gun and will only get better next year. Hopefully, this game signaled that De Goey has gotten over his off-field distractions and can continue to develop into a big, strong, gut running midfielder. Wills was good again and could be anything. Well done to Goldsack, who bravely took some telling marks backing into packs. He may be worth keeping on our list next year, even as a back up player.

Overall, tonight revealed a lot about what we should expect from our team next year. Throw in Reid, Scharenberg, Ramsay, Elliott, Fasolo, Sinclair, Langdon and possibly even (a fit) Broomhead, then we should have a formidable team team next year, one that would put the frighteners into any opposition. Go Pies!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:54 am

^ That's the spirit, RB, and I think you are correct on all counts. Grundy is coming on in leaps and bounds and he is perhaps our MVP right now, in my eyes.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 am

mgh3536 wrote:
Didn't see the game who played on stringer?

stringer made himself look and be ineffectual. played deep and looked for cheapies out the back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: