Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I tipped us to lose this game because I am omnipotent and never wrong. Razz
piester 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 pm

When a senior player only gets one possession in a half of football (first half) you have to wonder where the effort is. We dropped a stud (JDG) and bought in a dud (Blair).
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:56 pm

That was ordinary again.
Bucks press conference. "The forward line was beaten" Is that cause you make them play up to the centre of the ground with your forward press and when we have the ball they have to run back to position ? They dont even line up within 30 metres of goal at a centre bounce. Our forward line shambles is easily on the coach in my book.
"We knew how Richmond were going to play" Then why did we let them play that way Nathan ? Man on Man ?
There were many other factors in our bad game but we hardly ever have a forward who leads from the goalsquare. Cox did last night and earned free kicks. He led to sidebottom who kicked it over his head.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:46 pm

piester wrote:
When a senior player only gets one possession in a half of football (first half) you have to wonder where the effort is. We dropped a stud (JDG) and bought in a dud (Blair).

Why single out Blair? White had 1 disposal 5 minutes into the third quarter. Blair may or may not have an excuse but White has typically failed to touch the football for hours at a time in many matches since he joined Collingwood.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
piester wrote:

Why single out Blair? White had 1 disposal 5 minutes into the third quarter. Blair may or may not have an excuse but White has typically failed to touch the football for hours at a time in many matches since he joined Collingwood.

White is useless and has been useless for his entire career at Collingwood. Butterly soft footballer. I truely hope he only has three more games left in him at Collingwood. He is embarrassingly pathetic.
piester 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
piester wrote:

Highlighting the fact we would have been better with JDG in the side than his replacement. Oh and zero kicks for the whole game.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:25 pm

I thought switching White and Howe after half time was worth a crack. White has a defensive side, in fact he is an attacking defender. Howe would be more unpredictable to Richmond and would have caused Rance more hardship IMO.
Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:26 pm

check out my review of the game guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVkGxTMGxgE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Checking. . . stand by.
tomhacker38 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:41 pm
Post subject: I agreeReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
That was very disappointing. I thought Grundy was the only good big man in our team. Cox, White, Cloke, Reid and Brown were all disappointing. Other experienced players to badly disappoint were Blair and Greenwood. Jeez, Cox has a long way to go to become a senior player doesn't he. I expect we might get smashed in our next 3 games. Maybe our players are now waiting for the off season. Overall, very poor. The only bright lights were Aish and Wills. By the way, I noticed today that Wills actually has some pace.

Cox is a waste of time really. Eventually they will come to that conclusion. He has no idea when leading to the ball under pressure. You can see that regularly when the ball is above his head. It's hard for fans like me in QLD who cannot attend games and only watch tv etc. But they obviously butchered certain goals last night when approaching outside 50 with [snip] disposals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many of these players are being paid terribly more than they're worth; if they truly knew their $$ was on the line they would not TURN IT OVER regularly................Taylor Adams is tough and gets the hard ball, but what's the point if he is going to kick it straight to RICHMOND in the dying minutes of the last F QTR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:58 pm

I agree. Cox is useless. If he's not in the goal square he cannot mark, run or anything useful to the team. We would've been better playing De Goey than him.

Aish & Wills showed great signs, Aish just keeps getting better. Will be a great player for us.

This side makes watching them so hard & it gets you in a shit mood for the weekend

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:25 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
When senior players in Reid, Howe and Brown turn it over time and time again and fly got marks instead of spoil, what hope does this club have?

We dominated in some key stats: clearances, I50s and shots. Turnovers and ball use killed us.

Did Grundy/Cox really get slaughtered in hitouts 21-43?

Bit of an enigma really, just a perfect storm. Tigas were always going to be up for this game given the media they've copped this week but the fact that they had about 100 more disposals yet we beat them convincingly 48-39 I50s shows that despite the skill errors we created enough opportunities to win, but then to lose the I50 marks 2 to 1 was just a killer. Forward line was almost non-existent, Cloke was only average and he was our most impactful forward. It is what it is, even the bounce of the ball seemed against us.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:37 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
think positive wrote:
So I just got home, got the Jim jams on, and a nice scotch to warm my soul, but obviously, I missed the highlight, the coaches speech, so tell me, did we get nutted at the clearances?

Well Richmond are a very good football team......

Well preseason they were touted as a contender, as were Freo so not sure what that means.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:48 am

watt price tully wrote:
When we lose we look terrible & tonight was especially disappointing. Less than 50 tackles I think.

In order to examine the issues we need to move from the general to the specific.

1. Lack of hard work included lack of pressure, lack of leading, lack of spread the latter meant we had issues as Richmond simply worked harder & smarter.

2. We have a very young team. The consequence of having a young team is that you can expect inconsistent performances.

3. Our experienced players performed poorly in the main this can hardly assist the younger players.

4. Coaching & selection was not much chop. Too slow to move Marsh away from Riewoldt.

5. Apart from a bit in the last quarter I thought that was a pretty poor performance by Pendlebury. Not honouring Cloke's lead at one point when we were heading forward was bad but turning it over was even worse.

6. In terms of Marsh & I'm not blaming individuals here but pointing out some deficiencies. He is a poor decision maker. He is fast & has closing speed but his disposal is poor generally speaking - we were to slow to put Brown on Rieiwoldt & really he was the difference between the two teams.

7. Howe & Reid looked very tired early on in the game - not sure what that was about.

8. Crocker needs to be in the VFL. he is a great kick for goal but otherwise he doesn't get the ball enough & when we are attacking he has NFI of where to lead - schoolboy footy IMO.

9. Not one of Smiths better games tonight but he needs to remain as he does have very good skills.

10. One of the worst performances by Greenwood I've seen, ditto Blair.

On the postive side of the ledger:

Wills looks very good.
Grundy did very well
Maynard was OK
Varcoe is a mean tackler.

To be sure, I haven't watched the replay & am writing this after being at the game.

That sums it up.

Would add Williams is lacking all confidence at the moment, Cox still has a lot of work to do, Cloke was okay but seemed to get ignored quite a bit by teammates, umpiring was shit (both ways so that's not an excuse), club needs to invest in some decent stops, a player moving at pace is rooted if the incoming handball is 2 feet behind him.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:52 am

neil wrote:
Awful result the senior players are at fault
Poor decisions and worse disposal
Our midfield disappeared
For all those who think Cox and White were shit think if we get rid of Witts and Cloke they are the ones everyone will be relying on.
Also Cloke missed an easy shot surprise surprise

Williams are just bad as was Blair
Reid played his worse game for the year Brown did well on Reiwoldt
Sidey was terrible

In spite of this we could have won the game

Yep, exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: