Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
first time this year that I have looked at the AFL ladder.
A little shocked that we have zero chance of making the 8.
Even if we win the next 4 games and make it to 12 wins.
A wasted year and if anyone thinks different ...go catch a rabbit!!!!!

Start of the Season Killed our Season Pretty Much. The Losses to Melbourne 2x,Carlton and St Kilda killed the Season

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Learned a few things tonight.

1. Josh Smith has flown under the radar and is not getting appropriate recognition. Cool, composed and more importantly hits targets consistently.

2. Aish is finally showing what all the hoo-hah was about.

3. Collingwood have their small forward if only they could see it. Steele Sidebottom could reek havoc if left as a permanent small forward. He kicks goals and sets up plenty. As important, it would keep him away from the back half of the ground where his dinky little smart-arse kicks always cost us goals. He could always be pushed into the middle if required.

4. What is the game plan? The players certainly don't know it.

5. Jesse Smith and Travis Cloke cannot play in the same forward line.

6. We are still the worst kicking team in the competition

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:26 am

jatsad wrote:

1. Josh Smith has flown under the radar and is not getting appropriate recognition. Cool, composed and more importantly hits targets consistently.

3. Collingwood have their small forward if only they could see it. Steele Sidebottom could reek havoc if left as a permanent small forward. He kicks goals and sets up plenty. As important, it would keep him away from the back half of the ground where his dinky little smart-arse kicks always cost us goals. He could always be pushed into the middle if required.

Gees I'd hate to see what a loss does to you

Ugly ugly ugly win, I'll take it!

And a blanket. Hot water bottle. Brrrrr finally defrosting!

Well done Pies.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:50 am

Great days footy! Win at Vic Park followed by a win at the G. Can't ask for more.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:32 am

thompsoc wrote:

if you cant see that ladder position is not the only measure of improvement then that's very unfortunate.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:03 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Great effort and I'm pleased I was wrong think I'll bag us again this week and watch us destroy the toothless ones.
Plenty of positives again
Thought Smith Aish had there best games for the club
Grundy is improving every week
Moore before he got injured looked like having a career breakout day hope his not badly injured
Wills tackled like a machine think he had 11 and we had a record high that shows commitment

Still our disposal is below par well below par really
Some of the turn overs from experienced players is mind boggling really
Sidey should be shown a video package of his last 6 weeks and those freaking dinky kicks that always seem to cost us goals and told every time he does it again we are taking $10,000 a error from his next contract. On recent efforts he will paying us around $400 million a season to play
Varcoe I don't know what's happened to you recently but heck your a waste of a jersey lately you need to stand up and be counted. Show the form you had early in the season and freaking do something constructive for the team
Less said about Brown the better
Cloke lucky we need some trade value from you otherwise you would struggle getting a game in the seconds with efforts like today

Tonight's a night to enjoy a sweet victory and sip some lovely reds and watch the replay and enjoy seeing the kids start showing our future

Pleased that you're OK, mate - I thought you might have eaten your own lungs watching Sidey win the game (again). Wink Laughing

Between Sidey and Varcoe of late they've aged me considerably lol Sidey owed us that and I'll stick to my rant for the past 6 weeks why isn't he playing as a small forward all the time. To me it's a no brainer he looks best within 30m of goal. Seriously I could see him as a 40-50 goals a year player easily and we are short of decent small forwards
I'm glad I was wrong mate thought we may have got pumped
One thing that really hit home watching it a second time is that when we play our best we are a decent team even with our iffy disposal at times.
One guy I missed earlier but really had a good game was Smith. Geez his a footballer just goes about his business no frills
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:15 am

^While clearly some of Sidebottom's appeal is his ability to finish, his elite running capability is one of his key strengths. Not sure parking him up forward makes best use of that. He needs to be up the ground to run his opponents of their legs and then get on the end of plays I think.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:41 am

Lots to like about the pies since the bye
Two top eight scalps
Poor starts against kangas and roos but pushed them all the way
We are in the mix and a there's lot of hope here for finals next year
if we snare a marking forward or two to add to the side we can really start to dream big?
Today is a happy birthday for me and yesterday's result was an ideal starting point

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 am

ThePieMind wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

if you cant see that ladder position is not the only measure of improvement then that's very unfortunate.

WTF.
Not making the finals in any year is a waste.
This team was good enough to make the finals in 2016.
There is no really outstanding club at the moment.
The flag is up for grabs and we are not even in the grand parade.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 am

Albert Parker wrote:
^While clearly some of Sidebottom's appeal is his ability to finish, his elite running capability is one of his key strengths. Not sure parking him up forward makes best use of that. He needs to be up the ground to run his opponents of their legs and then get on the end of plays I think.

Agree, but also with the post above. If we had a better defence and he didn't have to go down back so much we would be better off. Is there a reason frost isn't playing? So many youngsters screwing up kick ins and such, we really need a general down back. Reid has saved our defence this year, he has made up for Browns loss of speed, but neither are natural leaders for the back line. We need a maxy or a shaw down there. I'd go with Adams, but gees, that non mark that put him on his arse! He needs a bit more time me thinks!

Back to Sidey, if he could play the front half, and leave the defending, well, the skies the limit. We need defenders. I reckon give Cloke a shot at it. Even for 10 min. He's doing **** all forward. That miss from 20 straight in front on a 50, that broke me. I was begging him all night to prove everyone wrong with a five goal haul. But that is unforgivable

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:02 am

A frustrating win and another injury to a key forward. Cloke has to just stay in the VFL unless another team is prepared to take over his contract. I used to like Marley Williams and in saying that he is out of his depth and his decision making at times is not up to AFL standard. Finished a great day and we were asked to leave the social club as they closed. I miss Vic Park.

Last nights win was more about how pathetic Wet Toast are away from home and at the G. Very Happy

My first and maybe my last game in Melbourne this year as it was our last home game at the G for 2016. It's July and how pathetic we have to play our remaining home games at that dud venue.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Commendable win with a virtually non existent forward line in the 2nd half. With Moore down, Cloke and White getting double teamed, scrappy f50 entry and no Fasolo or Blair to feed off the scraps it was difficult to see where our goals were going to come from. Goes to show if you get a couple of the basics right like tackling and endeavour, for large parts of the game, you're half way there. Well worth the freezing conditions to witness it all and a shame the Darcy show couldn't continue all night, I reckon he was on track for 7 or 8, providing his accuracy was up!
1892_ 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:38 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Commendable win with a virtually non existent forward line in the 2nd half. With Moore down, Cloke and White getting double teamed, scrappy f50 entry and no Fasolo or Blair to feed off the scraps it was difficult to see where our goals were going to come from. Goes to show if you get a couple of the basics right like tackling and endeavour, for large parts of the game, you're half way there. Well worth the freezing conditions to witness it all and a shame the Darcy show couldn't continue all night, I reckon he was on track for 7 or 8, providing his accuracy was up!

Moore was easily on track for a big bag, he was moving really well and getting a lot of space. While he kicked 3.2 he could have had another couple of shots if he was more selfish. He tried to give one off well in range to Grundy and gave off another on the edge of his range to Cloke.

Exciting player when he gets a free run at the footy.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:06 pm

We won without Blair.
Who would have guessed.
My biased opinion thought we didn't miss him.
Would love to see Sidey go to his position in the forward line.
With 10 to 20 % time in the guts.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:47 pm

think positive wrote:
jatsad wrote:

Gees I'd hate to see what a loss does to you

Ugly ugly ugly win, I'll take it!

And a blanket. Hot water bottle. Brrrrr finally defrosting!

Well done Pies.

Yep, the 1990 flag win was an ugly, scrappy game, but hey, I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss, any day of the week. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: