Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kruger, Bolt & Hanson call for ban on Muslim immigration

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I read somewhere that some of her sponsors Porsche, Target, Swisse etc are or have pulled out of sponsorship deals???

How ridiculous - just like Holden's posturing after the Carrogate thing Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:00 pm

^ I read that some of her sponsors Porsche Target Swisse pulled
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ I read somewhere that some of her sponsors Porsche, Target, Swisse etc are or have pulled out of sponsorship deals???

How ridiculous - just like Holden's posturing after the Carrogate thing Rolling Eyes

nail, hammer, hit. Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:32 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
People have their hobby horses, more news at 6. I agree it's a problem when people turn their backs on one issue because it doesn't suit their agenda, but that's pretty much all I'm seeing from both sides on this issue at the moment.

One thing I'd like clarified, though: apart from Twitter abuse (the universal cost of speaking in public these days, it seems), what exactly is the worst that Kruger has endured as a result of her comments?

Mental distress
Reputational damage
Potential loss of earning capacity

She's not some right wing shock jock to whom the attacks from the twitterati and other SJW's only serve to strengthen their credentials with their core audience, she's a relatively innocuous presence marketed to a general audience.

How many people do you know who would now refuse to watch a TV show with her in it on principle based on what she said? (that's if any of them would admit to watching commercial TV anyway)

I think she lost the label of 'innocuous' when she decided to publicly call for Muslims to be banned from the country. She's on a TV show that apparently pays her to give an opinion, and she gave it which, as far as I'm concerned, puts her in the shock jock category.

I haven't heard a single person say that they will no longer watch a show with her in it, though if some feel that way then that's of course their prerogative.

As for 'mental distress' and 'reputational damage', can you point to any evidence that she's suffering from these conditions acutely (that is, above and beyond what would be appropriate for someone airing a profoundly xenophobic view on TV)? I'm also not aware of her losing earning capacity, though if sponsors are jumping off, I'm still not sure that makes her a victim.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 am

What evidence do you need? Would her stone cold body suffice? The ultra conservative TV bosses would have her quaking. I'm sure you have seen the Facebook adds to give target a miss and shop at Kmart! I don't know a woman that could cope with this sort or reaction. We just are not built for it.

I have sooooo many friends that have shared the memes in support of her. I'm not commenting, or sharing. because I think She went too far, and out of respect to the good Muslim friends I have. But I reckon and awful lot of people agree with her at least to a point. I'm very surprised at some of the people that have shared, it's not just red necks. Or maybe they are and I have never seen that side of them!

Though it it getting tiresome watching every single act of greed, vengeance, pure evil, somehow get tied to Muslims by the six degrees of separation!

As for the Twitter abuse, seriously, that shit needs to get shut down! What good has come out of it ever? (Actually I think I read somewhere someone used it to escape a violent husband when she was in a cupboard). So many fricken keypad heoes. Same on Facebook. People come out with things they would never say to a persons face.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:16 pm

David wrote:

As for 'mental distress' and 'reputational damage', can you point to any evidence that she's suffering from these conditions acutely (that is, above and beyond what would be appropriate for someone airing a profoundly xenophobic view on TV)?

So you're saying that you believe she deserves to suffer for airing an opinion that you find disagreeable? I hope you understand that works both ways?

Otherwise, what TP said sums it up.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't think she 'deserves' to suffer. I just think that, well, to the extent a reputation exists, it is of course bound up in the things we've expressed publicly. Basically, all I'm asking is for some evidence that she's suffered this stuff to an extent beyond what would be expected in the circumstances.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 pm

David wrote:
I don't think she 'deserves' to suffer. I just think that, well, to the extent a reputation exists, it is of course bound up in the things we've expressed publicly. Basically, all I'm asking is for some evidence that she's suffered this stuff to an extent beyond what would be expected in the circumstances.

Well not quite as much as Charlotte I guess! Honestly, I really can't believe you of all people is asking that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: