Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

20 years ago this week....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:23 am
Post subject: 20 years ago this week....Reply with quote

Shaq left Orlando for Los Angeles.

%$^£$%^&%% that makes me feel old!!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

...and what a player he became at the Lakers until his well-known falling out with Kobe in 2004.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that Lakers dynasty was fairly good. It never sat well with me the feuding that went on behind the scenes though.

I kind of wish he stayed with the Magic though. I think he could have won titles there too.

The Blazers should never have lost that 2000 WCF to the Lakers, but they did. And LA went on to win 3 Championships in a row. Of course Shaq lest and won a title in Miami and Kobe stayed and won another 2.

I think if Shaq stayed in Orlando and Penny stayed healthy, they could have been the best team in the East in 1999 and 2000. (They still finished 3rd in 1999 without Shaq, equal first on wins too, however it was a shortened season).

After 1999, Chuck Daly retired from coaching, Penny Hardaway was traded to Phoenix, Nick Anderson was dealt to Sacramento and Horace Grant was traded to Seattle. They had a core group and they were all gone after 1999. Of course Horace Grant ended up playing with Shaq in LA for the middle championship.

Come to think of it, I really wish he stayed in Orlando. They could have been a great dynasty and dominated the East.

Theres some cool "What if" videos on this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nicksmith71218/videos

I think there was one there about What If Shaq stayed in Orlando. All based on opinion of course, but they are fun to watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: