Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2015 Recurting Class

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:41 pm
Post subject: 2015 Recurting ClassReply with quote

I think all our Additions over the Trade/Draft Period have all at least shown Promise:

Treloar - Was Huge in the 1st Half of the Season. Fallan off a bit in 2nd but still just about our best player nearly every week

Howe - Did not start well with the Injury to his hand and Possible Lying about it but has come in and Played very well down back. Played the Role we where hoping Scharanberg was going to Play.

Aish - Had a Very Poor start but dropped to the VFL and dominated in VFL as Midfield. Then came back and keep getting Better since Returning. Exciting how good he can become

Sier - Not done a Lot but showed bit in VFL. Seems a Good Kick and Good around Clearnce

Wills - Dominating in the VFL but not got a Game Yet

Phillips - Doing very well at VFL Level and played 3 Games at AFL where he was Solid in 2 and Good in 1 of them

Crocker - Been Very Good in VFL. Very Strong Mark and Kicking Goals. Played AFL early then Expected but did a Good Job

Smith - Been very Reliable at AFL Level.

That is a Very Good Recurting Class

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Howe down back has been a positive.
Not sold on Treloar or Aish in being elite.
Very good players so far.
At least Aish can kick properly.
Smith is ok but I don't know whether he is
much better than S Dwyer or a few other fringe players.
I want to see all others play a few AFL first before any judgement.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Treloar has exceeded my expectations, and will only get better. A future All Australian.

Howe has exceeded my expectations, since Dees supporters I know had told me he was a squib. He's been our best defender, but hopefully can move to the forward line next year.

Aish has underwhelmed me, but the last 2-3 games he has shown some promise. He still hardly seems to impact the course of games, but his skill is beginning to shine. Fingers crossed, we've got a good one.

Smith does his job without attracting much attention. He's been the surprise package of the year.

Phillips, Crocker and Wills - too early to know if any of them will make the grade.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:53 am

Treloar's still got a few issues such as kicking efficiency and being able to run both ways, but he'll be a gun player for us.

Howe looks settled in the backline now. Been much better than I expected.

Aish had a slow start, but with more game time and growing confidence, he's starting to show why we recruited him. Definitely a good recruit despite some criticism he's received from supporters.

Smith is a quiet achiever, but he's been very reliable and considering he was rookie listed we have to be happy that he's been a good contributor for the senior side on a regular basis this year.

Phillips and Crocker have shown glimpses and they're still very young but the signs look good.

I would like to see Wills have some exposure in the senior side sooner rather than later as he's looked quite consistent in the VFL. He has some weaknesses but I can see why the club decided to draft him last year.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 am

Treloar - We knew when we recruited him he was going to be w good player. I wonder how bad that groin actually was. He had a interrupted preseason and I don't think he's anywhere near full fitness which has affected his 2 way running. Also it was mentioned to me the other day about his disposal on the run he looks unbalanced that he seems to lean way back in stride and not up over his knees with his body.

Aish - Was a highly rated junior and played in 2 SANFL GF's before he turned 18. Had huge expectations placed on him upon his arrival and listening to him I think he found that daunting. He came from a club no one cared or talked about and apparently he didn't see eye to eye with the coach. Since his return to the senior side has been good and in patches very good. He has composure something many of his team mates lack.

Smith - Played 3yrs on senior footy at Redlands so was used to playing against bigger bodies. I have been surprised by his improvement but I'm glad to see it as well. He looks like he's got something

Howe - Was against trading for him just didn't think he had the desire to be a AFL player. Been hugely surprised by his defensive work. If not for Howe and Reid we would be in a far worse position and would have been beaten by larger margins in several games

Crocker and Phillips didn't look out of place just need time and development.
As for Wills haven't seen him play live but going from reports of rude and Magpiebat he has been very good in the seconds. I think it's a case of our injuries has kept him from playing already as we already had so many inexperienced players in the side. Now our season is officially over we might give him a few games in the seniors then send him back for VFL finals for experience
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 am

With more wins I think Howe could have been in AA consideration. At least the Top 40. Treloar will be AA. Smith has been fantastic all year.

Captain Phillips has shown signs as with Crocker.

Aish is going to be a gem.

Excellent recruiting in my eyes. Just need the game plan and execution sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: