Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finals --when ????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
If anyone can find the thread on where we will finish from before the start of the season and put that back on page 1 would be great. It will make for some interesting reading. Shocked

I tried, its locked but here it is

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79267&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=finish&start=90

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:29 pm

think positive wrote:
Culprit wrote:
If anyone can find the thread on where we will finish from before the start of the season and put that back on page 1 would be great. It will make for some interesting reading. Shocked

I tried, its locked but here it is

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79267&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=finish&start=90

From memory I thought we'd finish about 5th.

So, from my expectations it's been a very disappointing season. Maybe it's blind faith, maybe I'm delusional, or maybe both, but I'm sticking with Bucks for 2017 and expect us to make the finals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:39 pm

You actually said 4th and that we would go on from there to win the flag. I think we'll probably fall short of both predictions.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Quote:
12th
Around 9 wins

Looked at the game by game predictor.
Still very disheartened by watching them live Saturday night.
Might be largely that, could also be the loss of Swan for the season but I struggle to see a finals appearance this year.
Hopefully building to 2017
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Quote:
4th.....and from there we will go on to win the flag!
Rudeboy posts Embarassed Laughing Laughing And from the other posts I can see why many peeps are gutted.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Culprit wrote:
Quote:
Rudeboy posts Embarassed Laughing Laughing And from the other posts I can see why many peeps are gutted.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I still reckon if we'd had Swanny, Elliott, Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg available this year, we may well have fulfilled my optimistic prediction.

Anyway, I'm the first to say I've been bitterly disappointed with our performances so far this year. It's been a shit season.

But that won't stop me being optimistic about our prospects next year. After all, if you can't dream of success, what's the point of barracking for the Pies?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Quote:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I still reckon if we'd had Swanny, Elliott, Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg available this year, we may well have fulfilled my optimistic prediction.

Anyway, I'm the first to say I've been bitterly disappointed with our performances so far this year. It's been a shit season.

But that won't stop me being optimistic about our prospects next year. After all, if you can't dream of success, what's the point of barracking for the Pies?

And THAT is what it's all about! Fawk off with all your pessimistic, Buckley bashing, negative crap!
Bucks would've forgotten more than you clowns could ever DREAM to know about aussie rules football... cockheads!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:09 pm

Someone needs a chill pill

Or a good tree root

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Quote:

I'm in the same place - being a Collingwood supporter is about supporting the club and living with reasonable hopes. It does not mean sacking everyone who is doing a job that you could not do, just because they can't give you chocolates every time you go shopping.

I reckon we will finish in the 8 next year, and threaten the top 4. We have a developing list and we will lose little on what we have this year while gaining plenty in terms of development. If we do not, then it will be time up for the coach, who has to feel the accountability four years after he started a rebuild.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:34 pm

jackcass wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Have I gone back in time to last year!!! because I'm hearing a lot of parrots in here repeating the same dribble they did at the end of last season...

You need a new tune. Repeating the same line from the same song while adding northing to any other theme or thread (or even adding any interesting analysis to your one-note refrain) is just stinking up the board, really.

Please. Look I've read your analysis from time to time... and most of the time you're frankly kidding yourself... you're a complete amateur. I do not claim to be a brilliant football strategist in anyway whatsoever, and I'm not even going to try - but I know a loser when see one. And I'm going to keep on rattling on until he's gone... or I'm dead.

We'll all be saddened by your demise...

It's gone to meet its maker - It's joined choir invisible... it's an ex-parrot !!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Please. Look I've read your analysis from time to time... and most of the time you're frankly kidding yourself... you're a complete amateur.

Of course ! it's a football fan board - what do you expect ? Leigh Matthews ? We're all amateurs matey, but some amateurs write stuff that is interesting that has data and context, or stuff that has variety... and others .... don't. Thompsoc has views that I mostly disagree with, and he dislikes Buckley and wants him sacked. But he also writes about individual players, the VFL games, what he likes about our team and what he dislikes. So he's a good poster. But the mindless termite-munching about Buckley doesn't qualify as a contribution, sorry.

courtza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:53 pm

Looking back at our 2010 list to the list we have now says we won't be winning a grandy for a while.

Our older guys were guns, middle aged guys were in career best form and our youngins were champions from day 1.

2016 our older guys are shot or really not that good, our middle aged guys are going pretty good but carrying the team and our youngins while showing a bit aren't anywhere near as consistent as Thomas, Beams, Sidey etc. when they came on the scene.

When Grundy, Treloar, Adams, Moore, Degoey, Aish and Maynard are around 25/26 and hopefully Pendles,Reid, Elliott, Varcoe, Howe are still solid contributers and we have an injection of young class like we had in 2010 then maybe we might contest for a flag.

So I'd say we'd probably have a new coach by then as well cause I cant see Bucks getting another 4/5 years
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 pm

I think that happens quite often.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:45 pm

2020 at a bare minimum. 2017 will be worse than this year.

This football team is going nowhere. The membership has sat idly by and this has encouraged a general sense of malaise.

The coach is a failure. The club president is now Australia's resident media crackpot.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. For the next few years that description will come to define Collingwood.

If you can watch last weeks game and not be alarmed by the trajectory of this football club, send another grand to Collingwood and put your fingers in your ears.

Collingwood was once a team that made it's supporters proud because more often than not we played above ourselves, went where angels feared to tread and wore more talented opponents down with grit and determination. As a coach, Malthouse thrived on, and reinforced this tradition.

The Buckley era has confined this tradition to the dustbin of history. When this failed experiment finally plays itself out to a tragic conclusion, what exactly will Collingwood look like?

When we next play finals is probably the least of our problems.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:56 pm

The problem with this team is that the players, through injury or otherwise, have barely played together. Every year we bring in a White or Treloar or Greenwood, and then a Scharenberg and Elliott come back, and suddenly a big chunk of players have never played together. Premiership teams play consistently together and 'gel' over time. Bucks still admits he doesn't know what our best team looks like...STILL! By the time our team funds it's groove, we would've wasted Pendlebury's career, Swan and Cloke will be gone, Sidebottom will be pushing 30...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: