Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kickass Gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

So have something like Apple iShop where you can buy Movies and TV Shows? But you can keep the Files and Not lose them after the Time you Allowed to have it

Yep.

I think that if you can download it to your computer for a reasonable price it would assist in the fight against pirates and give the companies their money they so want out of all of this. I mean, people are going to leech off of this there is no real stopping it but for those that wanna do the right thing and purchase it, having this option is the way to go imo.

as long as they price it right and have the Right Format then I say quite a lot of People happy to pay a Few Bucks to download a Movie

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:19 pm

There's also the rather quaint notion operating among piracy opponents that the world (and the global copyright etc. legislative framework enforced within it) is somehow run according to an ethical system. Of course, this couldn't be further from the case, and nowhere is that truer than in the corporate world that these big studios operate within. For decades, they've tried to wage a moral crusade against piracy; what they really need to be doing instead is treating it something more like a tornado – you can't stop it, but you can try to limit the damage it does by not building your house out of twigs.

This is how the world is: an arm-wrestle between amoral powers. There is no right or wrong. The best thing studios can do is to do what they can to ensure that as few people are drawn to piracy as possible by setting prices as reasonably as possible and stopping screwing people over with regional restrictions and embargoes. Of course, they can continue on their pigheaded way and refuse to give an inch, but they will merely be perpetuating the status quo of widespread piracy.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Another example when the price is right and easy accessible is PC, PS, Xbox games. They are just as cheap as they are in the US so people buy them. No more looking for patches etc. Steam is great and cheaper than buying most games through outlets here.

I download many TV series these days as the FTA channels treat us like idiots. Show schedule to start at 8.30pm then because of the crap reality show it doesn't start till 8.55. You set Foxtel up to record and due to the delayed start and you only get 10 mins either side you miss the ending. So stuff them, I download the show and watch it when I want to with none of their commercials. It's their loss. I am not going to watch a show I am not interested in if it runs over time. I switch or watch something else. Reality TV is scripted and for non thinkers.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

So have something like Apple iShop where you can buy Movies and TV Shows? But you can keep the Files and Not lose them after the Time you Allowed to have it

Yep.

I think that if you can download it to your computer for a reasonable price it would assist in the fight against pirates and give the companies their money they so want out of all of this. I mean, people are going to leech off of this there is no real stopping it but for those that wanna do the right thing and purchase it, having this option is the way to go imo.

as long as they price it right and have the Right Format then I say quite a lot of People happy to pay a Few Bucks to download a Movie

I reckon most people would. Pay a small amount to get a top quality clean download rather than take your chances with poor quality and viruses, most people would take the paid option provided it's also timely.

People have shown they'll pay for streaming services like Netflix or pay TV like Foxtel, but they get the shits when stuff is restricted because of supposed geographic contracts, or delayed or when (like Culprit said) FTA stuffs around the programming and keeps moving timeslots.

People want to consume the content, it's up to the content providers to get their shit together cos while they don't people will work around them.

Movies are my personal bugbear, I don't really like the whole "going to the cinema" experience. IMHO the concept is outdated and they're trying to cling to an industry that predated TV and force it on people. Shit, I've got 3 Gold Class vouchers in my bag that the Boss gave me, supposedly as a reward (I'd prefer Dan Murphys vouchers to the same value) and if I don't reluctantly use them, or give them away or sell them, they'll just sit there til they expire.

I much prefer to watch movies at home

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:52 pm

^^ You can add that if the movie is shite, you don't get a refund or that lost time back. Shocked
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm

I hate the region-coding. It is particularly galling when things are coded for the US only but not produced elsewhere. That is the case with the NFL and with some music DVDs. Luckily, my very first blu-ray recorder didn't have region-coding for DVDs, so I can watch my region 1 DVDs on it. The later models of the very same recorder do recognise region coding. I guess when that first player dies, I'll have to buy a very cheap player and recode it to watch only region 1 discs.

You can laugh all you like about me being old-fashioned but, given my position, I can scarcely put myself in a position where I might be found watching illegal downloads of anything.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I hate the region-coding. It is particularly galling when things are coded for the US only but not produced elsewhere. That is the case with the NFL and with some music DVDs. Luckily, my very first blu-ray recorder didn't have region-coding for DVDs, so I can watch my region 1 DVDs on it. The later models of the very same recorder do recognise region coding. I guess when that first player dies, I'll have to buy a very cheap player and recode it to watch only region 1 discs.

You can laugh all you like about me being old-fashioned but, given my position, I can scarcely put myself in a position where I might be found watching illegal downloads of anything.

That's not old fashioned, that reflects a post I made recently about risk reward behaviour.

The risk of being caught watching illegal downloads is the same for you as for me, but for you the consequences if caught are far higher, so therefore you don't do it. Nothing difficult about that equation.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

P4S, nearly every DVD or Blu-ray player sold in Australia can easily be set to region-free – PM me with the model you have (or the next one you buy) and I should be able to find the code to unlock it. I have no patience for region coding either; it's just a total anachronism in the age of Amazon and free trade agreements.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:17 pm

David wrote:
There's also the rather quaint notion operating among piracy opponents that the world (and the global copyright etc. legislative framework enforced within it) is somehow run according to an ethical system. Of course, this couldn't be further from the case, and nowhere is that truer than in the corporate world that these big studios operate within. For decades, they've tried to wage a moral crusade against piracy; what they really need to be doing instead is treating it something more like a tornado – you can't stop it, but you can try to limit the damage it does by not building your house out of twigs.

This is how the world is: an arm-wrestle between amoral powers. There is no right or wrong. The best thing studios can do is to do what they can to ensure that as few people are drawn to piracy as possible by setting prices as reasonably as possible and stopping screwing people over with regional restrictions and embargoes. Of course, they can continue on their pigheaded way and refuse to give an inch, but they will merely be perpetuating the status quo of widespread piracy.

I do agree that is the best that the Entertainment Companies can do try and Minimize Piracy as they will never 100% get rid of it. There always be people Pirating.

So make it Cheaper and Easier to get will mean less people be tempted by Piracy

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:19 pm

David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

P4S, nearly every DVD or Blu-ray player sold in Australia can easily be set to region-free – PM me with the model you have (or the next one you buy) and I should be able to find the code to unlock it. I have no patience for region coding either; it's just a total anachronism in the age of Amazon and free trade agreements.

100 Agree - Region Coding is a Joke and Mostly used to Charge more for DVD's and Blue Rays in Australia then elsewhere.

But as David said There are ways around it. Also can play them on your computer that can Bypass the Region Coding

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
[quote="David"][quote="Pies4shaw"]I hate the region-coding. It is particularly galling when things are coded for the US only but not produced elsewhere. That is the case with the NFL and with some music DVDs. Luckily, my very first blu-ray recorder didn't have region-coding for DVDs, so I can watch my region 1 DVDs on it. The later models of the very same recorder do recognise region coding. I guess when that first player dies, I'll have to buy a very cheap player and recode it to watch only region 1 discs.

You can laugh all you like about me being old-fashioned but, given my position, I can scarcely put myself in a position where I might be found watching illegal downloads of anything.[/quote]

P4S, nearly every DVD or Blu-ray player sold in Australia can easily be set to region-free – PM me with the model you have (or the next one you buy) and I should be able to find the code to unlock it. I have no patience for region coding either; it's just a total anachronism in the age of Amazon and free trade agreements.[/quote]

100 Agree - Region Coding is a Joke and Mostly used to Charge more for DVD's and Blue Rays in Australia then elsewhere.

But as David said There are ways around it
Yes it is one of the case with the NFL and with some music DVDs.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:13 pm

The Big Search Engine for Public Torrent Trackers has been Taken Down now:

https://torrentfreak.com/torrentz-shuts-down-largest-torrent-meta-search-engine-says-farewell-160805/

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Plenty of them available. It's a game for many to beat the authorities.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Culprit wrote:
Plenty of them available. It's a game for many to beat the authorities.

There already a New Pubic Tracker up now

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 pm

I have found a few new places by simply using Google. Unless they shut down Google nothing is going to change. Keep your VPN up to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: