Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Line in the sand game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yin-YANG wrote:
Jessie White played as well as any other big guy on the ground and was aggressive - I think he has turned a corner with his career.

Moore didn't do much but did mark in the fwd 50 and kick a few goals - like Jessie and other key forwards he provided something - Cloke was the exception - he did nothing that impacted on the game and for some strange reason when we needed him to throw his body around like Petrie did for them, Cloke did very little of the vital 1% stuff.

You don't get rid of Brown, Frost and Keefe - just stupid stuff - if you get an opportunity to trade you consider your options but overall some of the suggestions are just ridiculous and not worth considered reflection and response. That is the best way to end up a basket case like Melbourne for the last decade…

The real facts are…

The Pies were jumped that is an issue given it has happened the last 3 weeks - in fact it was an issue even going on back to the pre-season! - We were not accountable in the centre when it was clear their players were getting on top and enjoying to much space. Up forward our work at ground level was terrible - Faz had a shocker really and the positioning of our smalls has been a problem for most of the year. Who is the forward coach?

Too often down back we were too slow and kicked it about with little penetration - Sinkers run and carry was missed and we need to ensure we have players who take the game on - when we did we managed to make a game of it! When we take the game on we move it well. The Pies still had a sniff mid way through the last qtr which given the silly give away goals and some poor umpiring highlights we are not too far away!

Bring in DeGoey for Sinclair and give Cloke the heads up that he is close to another demotion! I think we will bounce back at our real home game coming up…

I get your point about Brown, Frost and Keefe. I'm not saying get rid of all of them. They are just up for trade. Have high hopes for Keefe if he can readjust to footy after 2 years out. From what I remember, he is one guy who can at least kick. With both feet yet.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Just as a matter of interest, how many 'Line in the Sand' games did we end up having this year?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:36 pm

All we do is get silicosis and die a horrible death
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:59 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, how many 'Line in the Sand' games did we end up having this year?

I coined that title before I heard the cardboard cutout's after match presser.

There have been other games where were bad this year, but nothing matched that against North.

That had to be the last straw.

PS: if he ever says, "we didn't play the way we want to" again, in the words of Terry Wallace, I'll spew up.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Baby and the bathwater thread.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Baby and the bathwater thread.

Not really, its more like a 'Laugh at the stupidity of it all' thread. I swear we had at _least_ 4 'Line in the Sand' games this year... really how far back does this line really go... maybe all the way to a wooden spoon next year??
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:22 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Well hey - if not this week, we can always have another!

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:45 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
sinclair got BOG last week for the pies....
short memories.

and marley had a higher disposal efficiency then (crisp/greenwood/sidebottom/reid)

http://www.afl.com.au/stats

I don't think the call for Sinclair being delisted has anything to do with his ability or what he's done on the field but more so for his health.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: