Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

man shoots neighbor's cat. OK or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was shooting the cat acceptable?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Other (please comment)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Skids wrote:
I hate cats. Shoot on sight!

What if you and your ilk could race them to make a few bucks and " be a winner" Rolling Eyes

Oh and look up the stats re the damage done to native wildlife and farmed livestock by feral domestic breed dogs - that result ( as do cats) from humans irresponsible behaviour!!!

What a strange response Confused I've never been involved with greyhound racing, nor was the question of feral dogs raised.

You race horses don't you?

Feral domestic breed dogs cause as much if not more damage to our native animals as cats and in addition they kill many livestock - you proposed an argument to shoot cats on sight because of the damage they inflict - well it ain't just cats and if stupid fckhead humans actually took some responsibility ( fat chance!!) then we wouldn't have so many feral cats or dogs 😈

Strangely enough I've sutured many many more wounds from naughty naughty dogs attacking humans including rug rats in suburbia and the outback than I have ever from cats!!!!

Yes, I have been involved with race horses for over 2 decades. Make money from them? Laughing Laughing Laughing I wish! It's cost me tens of thousands of dollars to; purchase, train, feed, vet and transport them. Just recently (since 2014) have I been lucky enough to be involved with a couple that are actually super competitive.

Each horse I've had a share in that couldn't cut it on the race track was 'given', that's right, given, to good homes.
My cousin owns a 7 acre property in the Swan Valley and is involved in Polo, all but 2 have gone to her, if they're not still competing, they just hang out on the property. One of the others (since passed away at 25) was used at a stable as a lead horse for the younger ones due to his gentle nature and the other still competes, as an 11 y.o, in endurance bush racing and he loves it!

Horses are born to run, they love it. You only have to watch a few together in the spelling paddock to see this. They are fed and treated extremely well from what I have witnessed in all my time spent with them. They train hard for a few months, race for another few and then spell for 2 - 4 months.... what a life! I love my horses.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/born-to-run

In considering the ethics of the sport, the first question we must ask is: Do horses like racing? Laura Hillenbrand, author of the epic 2001 bestseller Seabiscuit, argues that they do — that they love running, are fiercely competitive, and would race with each other, with us or without. “Horses who lose their riders during races almost always try to win anyway, charging to the lead and sometimes bucking with pleasure as they pass the last opponent,” she tells us. “Weanling herds stampede around their paddocks several times a day, running all-out to beat one another. Even old stallions, decades away from the track, still duel with one another up and down the fences of breeding farms.” Hillenbrand notes that Seabiscuit’s occasional rider, the great jockey George Woolf, observed how “losers show clear signs of dejection and frustration, even shame; winners prick their ears and swagger.” “You don’t have to tell good horses when they win or lose,” Woolf said. “They know.”

I have also ensured the horses I have been involved with have been treated better than most people treat their pets!

I actually agree with you. Horses love to race. Some like to jump. But jumps racing us different. Keep em seperate. I think there's a big difference between horse and grey hound racing. For one, horses are never going to go for live bait! It's easier to police. Still far too many end up at the knackery, but then I've seen some awful awful cases of abuse to pony club horses too. Your horses are lucky. But I bet they give the love back in spades too.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:27 pm

I am glad you find this funny. I am glad you find this funny. I am glad you find this funny. I hope your dreams come true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: