Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#5 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already fourthed. Wink
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:09 pm

lol then fifthed
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:35 pm

we really missed De Goey out there against North. Need more hard bodies.

Aish was brilliant again. take a look how many goals are scored from little touches of class. Blair's second. Pendles goal. i could go on, but i dont have any other examples......

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:21 pm

roar wrote:
piedys wrote:
Well selected again Suckley; what's your next genius move?

Apart from the total lack of respect and total lack of class with that post, what selection issues do you believe caused us to lose the game?

Okay, just to clarify - I feel the coach erred in his ommission of DeGoey from the starting 22. How's that for you so far?
And if you ask me which of the elite players who somehow retained their spots this week should have been playing reserves in his place, then I cannot answer that, as my brain may implode, and that is never good. Shocked

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 am

Keep playing him in the next four rounds?
Sounds like somebody is going to lost their spot by default so Blair can return... can't wait.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:31 am

^ Sure, Dyso, but if we could get another #5 draft pick in exchnge for him, then based on what we have seen so far, I'd certainly line up to get my money back. I hope the kid comes good, but he looks a lot less promising than Aish, Moore, or Smith at this point. Some good signs, but he's certainly flatlined vs last year.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:59 am

The criticism is fair and in saying that I think everyone needs to take a step back and take in the whole picture. He burst onto the scene and surprised and got away from the opposition last year. This year he has been tagged by the opposition, not bad for a second year player. He has struggled with the tag and rarely gets away from his opponent and I suggest that has dented his confidence (second year blues) which has seen him make fundamental errors.
Late in the game Saturday he did some of those 1 %ers that I look for and I am sure the coaching staff are looking for as well. I think that made the light bulb in his head switch on. I am hoping he takes that into Friday's game as I can't see a player in the Tigers holding him.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:54 am

C'mon, second year player in a team outside the 8...
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:33 am

Culprit wrote:
The criticism is fair and in saying that I think everyone needs to take a step back and take in the whole picture. He burst onto the scene and surprised and got away from the opposition last year. This year he has been tagged by the opposition, not bad for a second year player. He has struggled with the tag and rarely gets away from his opponent and I suggest that has dented his confidence (second year blues) which has seen him make fundamental errors.
Late in the game Saturday he did some of those 1 %ers that I look for and I am sure the coaching staff are looking for as well. I think that made the light bulb in his head switch on. I am hoping he takes that into Friday's game as I can't see a player in the Tigers holding him.

Good stuff. Agree with that.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:04 am

I think De Goey will click when he finds his role within the team. I don't think that will be as a mid, but rather as a roving flanker working off half back to half forward. He is the type of player who is capable of creating something out of nothing and so his work rate shouldn't be measured in terms of stats but rather out of the opportunities he creates for the rest of the team. I actually didn't think he was too bad against WC. He will get under the guard of other teams who don't consider him a threat and be a match winner like he was at TAC, but first he has to believe in his own potential and that will take time.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:54 am

Darkstranger wrote:
For a number 5 he has gone backwards from last year and overall very underwhelming.

Are you getting your information from the great Caroline Wilson and Matthew Lloyd these days? Maybe from other notorious Collingwood haters/bashers?

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:00 am

I generally agree but when you look at the numbers he has improved in every area other than tackling.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:33 am

Culprit wrote:

Yep this. Kid will be fine.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:36 am

He is involved in us getting goals every week with lightning fast handballs out of packs. I think he's tracking nicely. Will be a gun.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:28 pm

He was very solid against the Wiggles.

His involvements in the game are generally positive. Some of the guys we have imported from other Clubs who seem to have been taught to do a ring-a-rosey with handballs would do well to observe the difference between one handball (or tap) through traffic to advantage on your team's goal-side of the pack and 12 handballs in a circle backwards and sideways.

De Goey's football is great when he gets his head down and works really hard. His problems this season have, IMRO, been occasioned by him getting a little ahead of himself. He could probably be a Pendlebury or Sidebottom, if he keeps working, but he isn't, yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 25 of 301   

Jump to: