Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pulverise Giants . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:
Grundy towelled up Mumford after qtr time. Cloke played his best game allowed to play up and all over the ground. Mcaffer nullified shaw. Adams played well across half back. Hopefully we can do it week in week out that's the challenge

Forgot one, like most of us did.

Maynard and his complete nullification of Stevie J who had been in ripping form.

Just watched the replay and there is one passage of play where Maynard is one on one with little Stevie, gets the ball and run off him and it ends up in a goal.
I was just thinking how tough, fast and clean he is.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I don't have Foxtel etc, how did that Magpie hater Piggy Dunstall handle that great win, ? Not a good loser the old piggy, how he must have choked on that one. LOL

Disagree with this assessment. Think he is pretty fair toward us.
All Foxtel commentators acknowledged this for what it was, a great Pies win.

Dunno bout that, I watched a game last year, v the suns, and he was very anti Pies, whingeing and whining on end, and I have heard others say the same when he commentates our games. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Greening gold wrote:
Just watching the game again this afternoon. The last 8 minutes of the second quarter we scored 6 goals:
8.00 - Smith
7.00 - Blair
6.25 - Macaffer
3.00 - Fasolo
2.30 - Fasolo
1.40 - Blair

Now that's what I call a run.

Add to that the first two goals of the 3rd quarter...
19:00 - Sinclair
17:35 - White

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I don't have Foxtel etc, how did that Magpie hater Piggy Dunstall handle that great win, ? Not a good loser the old piggy, how he must have choked on that one. LOL

Disagree with this assessment. Think he is pretty fair toward us.
All Foxtel commentators acknowledged this for what it was, a great Pies win.

Dunno bout that, I watched a game last year, v the suns, and he was very anti Pies, whingeing and whining on end, and I have heard others say the same when he commentates our games. Confused

I reckon he calls it pretty straight. He's critical but was very complimentary of our game I thought.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:31 pm

When was this exactly? Thanks for telling me that gossip. I will remember it.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:39 pm

We actually looked like a team out there. Great pressure, tackling, and in-close handpassing in the packs. Our defensive lines looked good, and we quickly closed down any free-running opposition players.
Loved how we took the game on at most opportunities, rebounded quickly, switched play to find free targets, and ran to support with overlap handballing. Whatever changes have been done, it looks like we've finally got our act together. Well done to coaches and players.
My thoughts on players that stood out for me..

Grundy - high-leaping tap-work. Spreading from contests and playing like a ruck-rover. Mummy didn't know what hit him. That 30m clearing handball in the backline was funny. Love it. If he can start clunking marks he'll be scary.

Cloke - awesome. Welcome back Clokey. We missed you. Bucks mentioned after the game he's been put on an adjusted training program. Now to fix his kicking. Ricciuto noted in the commentary he needs to kick for goal like he kicks in the outfield...driving, low kicks. He's spot on. To do this, he swings out to his left side and uses more hip rotation in the kicking action and hits the fatter part of the ball. Buddy does this. It's the proper way to kick a footy, especially for left-footers. Someone with a brain at Pie-land please please get this information to him (although kind of 10yrs too late).

Sinkers - wow..line-breaking speeed, and great kicking and tackling. Has improved out of sight. Was very important for us, and in top 5 on the ground.

Jesse White - finally looks like he's taking the game seriously. Had a brain-fade moment when he couldn't decide between a tackle or bump on Heater, but overall presented and took marks. Keep it up man.

Johnno Marsh - still raw around the edges but gives us something different.

Howe - just awesome. So importtant for us. Does everything well.

Maynard - love his powerful contesting. Getting better and gaining confidence with every game.

Adams - very solid, good decision-making. Wrapt with his improvement.

Varcs - love the one-touch footy, line-breaking speed and clean disposal.

Steele and Pendles provided their usual A-grade class.

Cmon Pies. More of that please.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Any news of Fasolo? Confused
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 am

think better wrote:
Cam wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:
Grundy towelled up Mumford after qtr time. Cloke played his best game allowed to play up and all over the ground. Mcaffer nullified shaw. Adams played well across half back. Hopefully we can do it week in week out that's the challenge

Maynard and his complete nullification of Stevie J who had been in ripping form.

Just watched the replay and there is one passage of play where Maynard is one on one with little Stevie, gets the ball and run off him and it ends up in a goal.
I was just thinking how tough, fast and clean he is.

yep- was outstanding in that passage and absolutely towelled Stevie J all day.

Made the occasional error- yet have come to accept this will happen when a young bloke takes the game on.

Also- having watched the game again I would say some have been very harsh on De Goey - apart from the missed goal- he was superb.

If you don't agree- watch the game again and watch him closely. We have a serious player on our hands- a bit more time to work on his composure and he will be a superstar.

Other whipping boys- Blair, White and Sinclair were also outstanding.

An awesome win
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:39 am

One thing after watching the replay, our link work between the flanks was great. We always had multiple leads on the wing to provide options. A far cry from the usual mark at half back, stop, wait, bomb to a 1-on-2, no crumbers, lose possession at half forward.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Not much love for Varcoe in this thread. I was at the game and his chasing, tackling and speed he hits the packs makes a huge difference. He constantly applies pressure and the opposition were crunched by him and caused many spillages,

They played tough like the Collingwood we know under the successful mick years. Best win of the year and 2Q should have kicked 11.0 ! Should have been a 50 point win with easy misses to Cloke, Fas, Moore, White and De Goey.

Let's hope we have turned the corner and take that momentum into the crows game. We might not win but love to see that effort

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Cam wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:

Yes he did well cam and forgot that one and probably Buckley out coached Leon with the match ups. Blairs goal from the boundary would have to be in contention of goal of the year.
And Howe across half back seems to be hitting some form
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Any news of Fasolo? Confused

Yeah, he calls himself the Prince of Perth apparently.

As for the shoulder: on 774 radio at the time they were saying they did not think it was a bad as it could be but still awaiting scans.

Let's hope it's a mere stinger (so to speak).

Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Great day in Sydney, great comeback, fantastic win!

Most of my observations are covered in previous posts, however it is clearly evident that we have now gone back to one-on-one coverage around the ground with the Reid, Brown, Howe and Marsh looking really solid. the only one I'm not sold on just yet is Aish but I'll give him 1000 chances just like every Pie that pulls on this great jumper. At times he appeared to be stuck in no mans land, just guarding space and little else.

Entry into the forward 50 was measured and controlled - not the usual bomb it to the top of the square.

Sinkers has taken his game to the next level, rarely missing targets now. Maynard is like a raging bull and just needs to find some composure and he will be a lock in our 22. Those calling for him to go through the midfield I think are jumping the gun, let him dominate down back.

The one who has truly surprised me since his return is Jessica White; has the penny finally dropped and he now has a belief that he can play at the top level? Only time will tell but the signs are looking good.

Great to see Cloke back and roaming around the ground. He should kick right footed for goal inside 30m. At least he would kick through the ball and it couldn't be any worse.

Fasolo and Blair looked dangerous - so it's going to be hard for opposition defences to cover everyone now if they continue to double team Cloke and Moore. One of these guys will be spare.

Finally, Grundy's performance against the big fella Mummy was outstanding. If only he kicked that goal on half time it would have capped off a near flawless display after 1/4 time.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Cam wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:

Good pick-up. Maynard did a great job & he is developing "nicely". We also tend to forget or overlook in the heat of the moment just how young & inexperienced some of players are

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:28 pm

Isn't winning & playing well so much of mood changer Very Happy

Stuff: Mood stabilisers, anti depressants, alcohol, cigarettes, counselling & licit as well as illicit drugs - just gimme good old collingwood forever Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: