Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pulverise Giants . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I don't have Foxtel etc, how did that Magpie hater Piggy Dunstall handle that great win, ? Not a good loser the old piggy, how he must have choked on that one. LOL

Disagree with this assessment. Think he is pretty fair toward us.
All Foxtel commentators acknowledged this for what it was, a great Pies win.

A great win indeed. Imagine how much better it could have been if Bucks could coach, we had a ruckman, Cloke could still play, Sinclair, Maynard, Blair and White weren't spuds... oh well, take the win nonetheless.
Black and White Reviews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:29 am

check out my review of the game guys! Good to see Grundy and Clokey coming into some really great form recently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMH5PY8Lxo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoXrk-SeVZpGvDLzif8IyQ
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 am

Grundy towelled up Mumford after qtr time. Cloke played his best game allowed to play up and all over the ground. Mcaffer nullified shaw. Adams played well across half back. Hopefully we can do it week in week out that's the challenge
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:21 am

Watched the game a second time because really it was just that damn good
For me the most pleasing aspect was the overall contribution from all players.
I was actually really pleased to see how players like Sinclair Smith Aish all played important roles and stood up
I think people are being a bit hard on Aish he may not have got loads of it but some of the small things he did were first class
Normally in a win like that one would assume the likes of Treloar or Pendles would have had a huge day out and whilst both were good they weren't outstanding but more so played there roles in the team
Special mention to Cloke I was one who thought he was cooked how wrong was I. This was Cloke's best game in a long time. Forget about the goals his work rate and ability to make opponents nervous every time he got near it was noticable.
Also Moore did a lot of work off the ball making space for Cloke and White and others.
Grundy's first quarter wasn't great but I saw a subtle shift in his body positioning after quarter time and that second quarter was as good as you will see from a ruckman
Our clearance work and defensive pressure around the ground for terms 2,3,4 was out and out magnificent
Adams makes us look much better doing a load of dirty work
I don't know why but I get this feeling of stability and safety when I see Reid Howe Marsh working together in defence. Marsh just seems to have time to spare and Reid seems to know where the ball is going before its kicked and Howe looks so much more a defender than a forward.
Another thing even in the first term when we were getting hammered in frees and general play we still looked like we had goals in us and also never looked completely out of it as most of there goals came from our mistakes more so than there dominate play
Overall we were the better side for 75% of the game and even in the last quarter when we seem to have just run out of s little puff we still held them in check quite easily
Really excited to see if we can continue to show this progression for the rest of the season
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:49 am

STOKA35 wrote:
Grundy towelled up Mumford after qtr time. Cloke played his best game allowed to play up and all over the ground. Mcaffer nullified shaw. Adams played well across half back. Hopefully we can do it week in week out that's the challenge

Forgot one, like most of us did.

Maynard and his complete nullification of Stevie J who had been in ripping form.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:54 pm

A lot of praise for a lot of players. All deserved. One player slipping under the radar I think is Josh Smith. Really like this fella. Silent achiever, hard at it, good kick, learning all the time. Doesn't drop his head, nor get over-excited.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Awesome display, very happy with Clokes return to form.
White has transformed and looks very very confident, woooohoooo.

We can make the finals and like Blair said there are mostly 8 point games ahead.
We play Crows, Roos, Eagles next 3 weeks and they are the teams that can make way for us, West Coast most vulnerable and they play Roos today!!

CMON PIES!!!!

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Is Pendles playing sore again?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:12 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Awesome display, very happy with Clokes return to form.
White has transformed and looks very very confident, woooohoooo.

We can make the finals and like Blair said there are mostly 8 point games ahead.
We play Crows, Roos, Eagles next 3 weeks and they are the teams that can make way for us, West Coast most vulnerable and they play Roos today!!

CMON PIES!!!!

Roos are most vulnerable...have you seen their draw?

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Just watching the game again this afternoon. The last 8 minutes of the second quarter we scored 6 goals:
8.00 - Smith
7.00 - Blair
6.25 - Macaffer
3.00 - Fasolo
2.30 - Fasolo
1.40 - Blair

Now that's what I call a run.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:27 pm

^^^ When was the last time Collingwood's small forwards kicked 5 goals in 5 minutes?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Comment by Jason Dunstal
He said when he watched us beat Cats in NAB he
believed we would bring an exciting brand of footy
to 2016
He further commented the brand we displayed last
night was back to that exciting brand from NAB wins

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Woods wrote:
I'd love to see your face when he shanks the decider in a GF one day. Cloke is still dangerously and chronically unreliable in front of goal. He needs to prove he's overcome his yips. Don't expect players of the calibre of Treloar, Grundy and others to stick around in a team whose fortunes in tight games rest on Cloke. They won't.

The only thing we know about Cloke with any certainty is that one week's performance is no guarantee about next week's. He's a head case. And until he's proved through back-to-back perormancesthat he can kick gettable goals from 30m set shots straight in front he must remain on notice.

Not sure why you'd be so hell bent on focussing on the negatives today after a great win and Cloke having a dominant game. Sure, all on this board realise he is not the most reliable kick for goal, but he did kick 4 and his confidence in his marking was something which had been missing this year. Form can be built and his would appear to be.

Seems someone finds misery more satisfying than joy. That's a shame and a disappointing way to go through life.

Get your hand off it Parker. Clokes game was not dominant. He was almost entirely missing in action during the 2nd quarter resurgance when the game was won. Most (all?) of his marks came from man-on-man contests too . He won't have it so easy against Adelaide who double/triple man him. No, he's still a work in progress and Cox is a better bet against Adelaide.

And I'm not finding misery where joy is to be had. Unlike weak people such as yourself who would rather put their infatuation with chosen celebrity players ahead of the fortunes of the club I am realistic. The Pies would have won that game with or without Cloke. At $800K/year the club expects much more from than a mere 4 goals on a day when even backliners like Sinclair are getting goals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm

I agree. No-one actually needs a CHF who can take 12 marks (5 contested), take 6 marks inside 50, have another 6 inside 50s, have 18 kicks, kick 4 goals and set-up 2 directly for others. We didn't, eg, need those 36 points. We would have still won the game by ... oh ... about ... um ....

I hope we see that same, non-dominant Cloke again next game, though.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:49 pm

By the way, just so we can appreciate one we see one, what would a "dominant" game look like from a fellow playing as a high-CHF against a team that's beaten Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong, had an average of 79 points kicked against it(before yesterday) and not had more than 15 goals kicked against it (before yesterday) all season ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: