Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies destroy Dockers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
jackcass wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well we won and that's always good.
Standard wasn't a high class game but I thought the longer the game went the more settled and unrushed we seemed.
The last term was very pleasing. We could have just shut up shop and held on for a 2-3 goal win but we kept attacking the ball and doing all the little things.
Really happy for Travis he showed tonight why he is so valuable to this team.
With Brown back in defence allowed Marsh Howe Reid to leave there man and intercept at will.
Really excited about Phillips and Smith both showed again they are going to be good players.
Greenwood should be given the award for most annoying tagger ever he never gave Neale a inch all night and was also important getting some himself
Grundy was so dominate in all aspects was great
We didn't have a bad player really everyone did there job and that's pleasing. Treloar is interesting he had loads of it and worked his butt off both ways but his disposal at times was iffy but heck he just seems to pop up every time a team mate is looking for a option to kick or handball to
Overall it was a good platform and hopefully will lead to continued improvement and who knows how many more wins we can get if we show up with the same desire every quarter for the rest of the year

Treloar... runs both ways... Seriously? Probably one of the worst defensive runners in our midfield. Works tirelessly at the coal face and can break away with great pace, but if he doesn't win it he disengages pretty quickly.

He actually mentioned that as a weakness he is trying to rectify in his post match interview

Be a better player if he can improve in that area and we've already seen how good he is with his offensive run.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
Magpie Jack wrote:
Marsh was brilliant. Great to see a backman prepared to take a mark. I hope they leave him in for the rest of the year. Phillips looks very promising.

And used his pace to make ground to insert a fist when needed. Big wrap for this kid, still has an enormous amount of development in him but he'll be solid best 22 if he can continue to bring that.

And wasn't it fantastic to see the long sleeved number 17 jumper back out on the 'G; warmed the cockles of my heart

Sensational, Barwick and Burns would both be chuffed!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:54 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Treloar... runs both ways... Seriously? Probably one of the worst defensive runners in our midfield. Works tirelessly at the coal face and can break away with great pace, but if he doesn't win it he disengages pretty quickly.

For what it's worth I just checked his Heat Map stats.

From the game on Friday: Disposals: 46% - Defensive Half, 54% - Forward Half

Season:56% - Defensive Half, 44% - Forward Half

Typical downhill skier. Rolling Eyes

What do the numbers mean? Well frigged if I know, but your claim kind of doesn't stack up.

Heat maps depict how hard he chases defensively or just that he gets back into defense? Happy to stand by what I see rather than rely on a heat map.

And you're the 1 throwing labels at him.

Last edited by jackcass on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
[quote="AnthonyC"][quote="jackcass"]
Treloar... runs both ways... Seriously? Probably one of the worst defensive runners in our midfield. Works tirelessly at the coal face and can break away with great pace, but if he doesn't win it he disengages pretty quickly.[/quote]

What do the numbers mean? Well frigged if I know, but your claim kind of doesn't stack up.[/quote]

Heat maps depict how hard he chases defensively or just that he gets back into defense? Happy to stand by what I see rather than rely on a heat map.
I am always serious.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 am

matrix10 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
He reminds me of some past player
but i just can't remember who.
Help me please.

Gavin Crosisca Question

No
It is the way he runs.
Some distinctive style.
Just like Heath Shaw has that strange fast waddle.
This kid has a style that I have seen before.
But where??????

ha!
was thinking the exact same thing.
it's doing my head in as well.
he has a distinctive way he moves- a little like sidey- and also (massive call) reminds me a bit of simon black

Just checked on youtube the mick maguane 7 bounce goal.
Phillip runs like him

matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:32 am

Yep- can see the resemblance

Also reckon there's a touch of Greg 'the mullet' Anderson.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:47 am

jackcass wrote:
And wasn't it fantastic to see the long sleeved number 17 jumper back out on the 'G; warmed the cockles of my heart

And in addition, Beams can get stuffed! Cool

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 am

Deliberately excluded!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 pm

What was wrong with the heave ho in the title reference Donny? Thought it was great. People are thinking waaay to much if they suggested you change it.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:58 pm

No, Cam. Nobody suggested I change it.

My headline was well in advance of the AFL site's but when I saw they used the same 'heave ho' headline, I changed ours.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:15 am

jackcass wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
jackcass wrote:

What do the numbers mean? Well frigged if I know, but your claim kind of doesn't stack up.

They are disposal numbers, rather than simply where he has lurked without impacting the game at all, so it is at least somewhat representative of him being back and supporting I'd suggest given a greater percentage in the defensive half. I think it is right to suggest that some of his disposals have not been as clean/accurate as we/he'd like but he's been an excellent acquisition, gives his all every week and would be leading the Copeland as things stand I reckon. Hard to criticise by any supporters on this forum.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:51 pm

Donny wrote:
No, Cam. Nobody suggested I change it.

My headline was well in advance of the AFL site's but when I saw they used the same 'heave ho' headline, I changed ours.

Aha! I knew the AwFuL website gets all their info from us, and not vice-versa; bunch of parrots they are... Cool

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
jackcass wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
jackcass wrote:

They are disposal numbers, rather than simply where he has lurked without impacting the game at all, so it is at least somewhat representative of him being back and supporting I'd suggest given a greater percentage in the defensive half. I think it is right to suggest that some of his disposals have not been as clean/accurate as we/he'd like but he's been an excellent acquisition, gives his all every week and would be leading the Copeland as things stand I reckon. Hard to criticise by any supporters on this forum.

As I say, never disputed that he gets back into defense, rather watch him at clearances when we don't win the footy. He's prone to stand watching on as the opposition spreads with purpose. At least 1 of those guys is his direct opponent. More often than not our defense gets the blame but there is only so much they can do if our mids and forwards aren't taking responsibility for their direct opponents. He's admitted it's something he's working on apparently and as I say, it's what I see.

Ditto when he's chasing. If he applied the same effort he uses when he's running forward and creating an option to chasing an opponent back into defense then he's quick enough to actually catch a few, all of which again pressures the ball carrier and supports the defense.

We carry a few who are guilty of similar so the more players who can get it out of their games the better off we'll be.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 am

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

And in addition, Beams can get stuffed! Cool

Just thought I would second this little gem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: