Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ISIS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ISIS have won the war. The world is divided.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 pm

David wrote:
So, all up, does it seem like the battle is being slowly won?

In Iraq, I'm of the opinion that the Iraqi government forces with the backing of Shia militias along with the Kurds in the North are winning this war. Fallujah was captured in January 2014 and only fully re-captured a few days ago so it's a big blow for ISIS on a few fronts because:

1). It was the first city they captured when the insurgency broke out after the US withdrawal in 2011, so symbolically it's a big blow especially with the "caliphate" coming up to two years since it was declared in June 2014,
2). It was the longest-held city that ISIS had control of which they have now lost,
3). It was essentially the last major town in the Anbar province that ISIS had lost as they've already lost Ramadi, Hit and Ar-Rutbah.
4). ISIS' last major stronghold in Iraq is the city of Mosul, and it's been indicated that a major offensive will take place or is beginning to take place with the idea of retaking the city by the end of the year; and
5). Most importantly, losing Fallujah means it's become more difficult for ISIS to commit terror attacks of all forms in cities such as Baghdad and surrounding cities and towns that are predominately inhabited by Shiite Muslims.

On the other hand, Syria's volatile and more unstable situation in contrast to Iraq means that ISIS are still quite active especially in the Raqqa province where their largest stronghold is situated. Overall, the big winners of the last few months have been Assad's forces with Russian backings and the Kurds in the North, but largely it's been a stalemate.

The Kurds have made progress and recently planned an offensive toward Raqqa, which was eventually abandoned due to several issues, the main one being the focus on recapturing towns in the Northern Aleppo province that ISIS have also taken control and is situated near the Euphrates river which splits the Aleppo and Raqqa provinces.

Overall, I think ISIS is losing the war but it's a slow and tedious process. They've lost far more than they've gained since they came to people's attention two years ago.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:05 am

Sounds like good news, generally. I think Iraq is key because ISIS contained within the mess that is Syria is a very different prospect to what looked two years ago like a force that might potentially expand into Jordan and Lebanon.

Any news on their affiliates in Libya and elsewhere?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 am

What does good news sound like?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:21 am

David wrote:
Sounds like good news, generally. I think Iraq is key because ISIS contained within the mess that is Syria is a very different prospect to what looked two years ago like a force that might potentially expand into Jordan and Lebanon.

Any news on their affiliates in Libya and elsewhere?

In Libya, ISIS is mainly situated in the city of Sirte (the same city where Gaddafi was killed), but overall they have a very small presence in Libya compared to Syria and Iraq.

ISIS also has a small presence in Afghanistan, Yemen and Nigeria (under Boko Haram who pledged allegiance to the group last year).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:02 am

Al-Nusra Front have "rebranded" themselves and now go by the name of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (Front for the Conquest of Syria) and they're claiming that they're no longer affiliated with Al-Qaeda, albeit this has been met with heavy skepticism.

A good article from the BBC explains potential reasons as to why this has happened.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36922079

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:53 pm

From Reclaim Australia web page.

A couple of years ago we attended a meeting organised by the Q society, as usual it was a well planned and executed meeting and the main speaker was an ex CIA intelligence officer with 30 years experience , in this meeting she referred to a document found in a secret muslim brotherhood base where it ironed out the steps for an islamic world, it was sectioned off into dates and one date was the event of 9/11 and the other date was a islamic caliphate which we now know as isis, this was down for 2014 and as we know is still in operation, the other date was where it ended as it was called global jihad... this date was 2016, and no one can say this is not happening now, we have seen violence and terrorism on a grand scale and it will just continue as more young muslims are radicalised and used as tools of terror, they are picking on soft targets to bear down the will of the people and in London last night was a typical attack
2016 , remember this global jihad , it will never stop , never end , these people are fanatics and will not have peace , wont accept any religion but their own and the ultimate aim is sharia law worldwide
2016... no peace, global jihad..... remember those words and harden your hearts and fight back , get involved, join a group , political party opposed to islam, educate yourself, educate others, be strong, be brave, fight back !!!!

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:58 pm

^

Canaanitism
Manichaeism
Atenism
Minoanism
Mithraism
Tengriism
Ashurism
Vedism
This is a short list of religions that no longer exist or evolved into something else. They have a couple of things in common; they either pissed off a majority and got wiped out or were too rigid to withstand the tides of history. I suspect I_SLAM will either collapse or eventually evolve into something less horrible.
Smile

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Pi wrote:
^

Canaanitism
Manichaeism
Atenism
Minoanism
Mithraism
Tengriism
Ashurism
Vedism
This is a short list of religions that no longer exist or evolved into something else. They have a couple of things in common; they either pissed off a majority and got wiped out or were too rigid to withstand the tides of history. I suspect I_SLAM will either collapse or eventually evolve into something less horrible.
Smile

So far from being correct.....

Muslim population growth

World Muslim population by percentage (Pew Research Center, 2014)
Muslim population growth refers to the topic of population growth of the global Muslim community. In 2006, countries with a Muslim majority had an average population growth rate of 1.8% per year (when weighted by percentage Muslim and population size).[1] This compares with a world population growth rate of 1.1% per year.[2] As of 2011, it is predicted that the world's Muslim population will grow twice as fast as non-Muslims over the next 20 years. By 2030, Muslims will make up more than a quarter of the global population. If current trends continue, it is predicted by the year 2100 that about 1% more of the world's population will be Muslim (35%) than Christian (34%).[3]

Globally, Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 3.1 children per woman—well above replacement level (2.1) due to young age of Muslims (median age of 23) compared to other religious groups. Christians are second, at 2.7 children per woman. Hindu fertility (2.4) is similar to the global average (2.5). Worldwide, Jewish fertility (2.3 children per woman) also is above replacement level. All the other groups have fertility levels too low to sustain their populations and would require converts to grow or maintain their size: indigenous and tribal religions (1.8 children per woman), other religions (1.7), the unaffiliated (1.7) and Buddhists (1.6).[3]

Islam is the fastest growing religion all over the world,[4] due primarily to the young age and high fertility rate of Muslims.[5][6] According to the World Christian Encyclopedia, published in 2001, the fastest-growing branch of Islam is Ahmadiyya.[7] It is often reported from other various sources in 2010, including the German domestic intelligence service, that Salafism is the fastest-growing Islamic movement in the world.[8][9][10][11]

Last edited by Skids on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Where did they get them?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Skids wrote:
From Reclaim Australia web page.

A couple of years ago we attended a meeting organised by the Q society, as usual it was a well planned and executed meeting and the main speaker was an ex CIA intelligence officer with 30 years experience , in this meeting she referred to a document found in a secret muslim brotherhood base where it ironed out the steps for an islamic world, it was sectioned off into dates and one date was the event of 9/11 and the other date was a islamic caliphate which we now know as isis, this was down for 2014 and as we know is still in operation, the other date was where it ended as it was called global jihad... this date was 2016, and no one can say this is not happening now, we have seen violence and terrorism on a grand scale and it will just continue as more young muslims are radicalised and used as tools of terror, they are picking on soft targets to bear down the will of the people and in London last night was a typical attack
2016 , remember this global jihad , it will never stop , never end , these people are fanatics and will not have peace , wont accept any religion but their own and the ultimate aim is sharia law worldwide
2016... no peace, global jihad..... remember those words and harden your hearts and fight back , get involved, join a group , political party opposed to islam, educate yourself, educate others, be strong, be brave, fight back !!!!

You don't have to post this ridiculous garbage just because you find it.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Skids, if you're going to post this stuff, please at least include links so that readers can verify the facts for themselves. I think this discussion is volatile enough as it is without unverified innuendo being chucked in.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Pi wrote:
^

Canaanitism
Manichaeism
Atenism
Minoanism
Mithraism
Tengriism
Ashurism
Vedism
Smile

In most cases it's just a history of power, conquest and colonisation. In the West and Middle East, at least, Christianity and Islam have just happened to be the religions of the dominant civilisations at various times. A few minority religions like Judaism and Zoroastrianism have survived, but I suspect that's more a historical or geographical accident than any particular strength or resilience on the part of those faiths.

Hopefully atheism will see them all off in a few centuries time.

HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:02 pm

A little more.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:00 pm

David wrote:
Pi wrote:
^

Canaanitism
Manichaeism
Atenism
Minoanism
Mithraism
Tengriism
Ashurism
Vedism
Smile

In most cases it's just a history of power, conquest and colonisation. In the West and Middle East, at least, Christianity and Islam have just happened to be the religions of the dominant civilisations at various times. A few minority religions like Judaism and Zoroastrianism have survived, but I suspect that's more a historical or geographical accident than any particular strength or resilience on the part of those faiths.

Hopefully atheism will see them all off in a few centuries time.

Don't get too excited by the prospect - atheism will probably take over only when enough people start adopting it with a really bigoted zealotry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 119 of 128   

Jump to: