Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Which part of England is that?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Really don't know what to expect.

Man for man, we have the better list, but the Blues are playing better as a team.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:39 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
I was leaning towards getting rid of Bux with our games earlier in the year - but that has changed when I have seen what the Pies are capable of with the victory over the cats... key injuries against the dogs cost the team that winning momentum however the quality and gamestyle was evident... we can do it - Bux does have a clue and now we just need time for it to happen - which it will!

Bux is the man for the job - he needs a little luck with injuries but the young guys will be getting better each week and we will be a force by next year - the dramas and issues will make Bux and the group much stronger... Dave and others are entitled to their opinion but they are wrong as I was previously - Bux is the man and will be a premiership coach in 2018 after a strong finals showing in 2017... The last month of 2016 will show we are the real deal!

If we get a decent run with injury from now on, 2016 could be the year we look back on as the year that built a multi premiership team.

Adversity can either break people or galvanise them, and I don't believe our players have been broken.

We've pumped games into kids who wouldn't have got games if it wasn't for the injuries, so next year we'll have a squad of 35+ AFL players to work with. The experience will do them wonders.

Just need to finish off the season well, build some momentum and belief for 2017

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:
I was leaning towards getting rid of Bux with our games earlier in the year - but that has changed when I have seen what the Pies are capable of with the victory over the cats... key injuries against the dogs cost the team that winning momentum however the quality and gamestyle was evident... we can do it - Bux does have a clue and now we just need time for it to happen - which it will!

Bux is the man for the job - he needs a little luck with injuries but the young guys will be getting better each week and we will be a force by next year - the dramas and issues will make Bux and the group much stronger... Dave and others are entitled to their opinion but they are wrong as I was previously - Bux is the man and will be a premiership coach in 2018 after a strong finals showing in 2017... The last month of 2016 will show we are the real deal!

If we get a decent run with injury from now on, 2016 could be the year we look back on as the year that built a multi premiership team.

Adversity can either break people or galvanise them, and I don't believe our players have been broken.

We've pumped games into kids who wouldn't have got games if it wasn't for the injuries, so next year we'll have a squad of 35+ AFL players to work with. The experience will do them wonders.

Just need to finish off the season well, build some momentum and belief for 2017

Completely agree. It's been a bad year, but the depth that we are gaining from it will pay dividends. Phillips, Marsh and Crocker all look like high quality players who could underpin a successful future, and without the injury disaster we would probably not have played them.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:13 pm

We'll just get served up more of the same, or there abouts.. but I'm sure you'll get your wish and he'll get another year to prove yet again that he isn't the man for the job.

Some of us (after 5 years or so) have frankly had enough... no more chances and no more excuses.

Late edit: The original statement is making the Saints and Richardson look like 'future' contenders, perhaps 2017-2018 Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Salvagni will Debut next week
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Salvagni will Debut next week

Jo Silvagni?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 pm

Hope Dollar daisy puts in a shit game, and we beat them convincingly, we do owe them bigtime, the giants belted them, they are not that great as they thought they were.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
We'll just get served up more of the same, or there abouts.. but I'm sure you'll get your wish and he'll get another year to prove yet again that he isn't the man for the job.

Some of us (after 5 years or so) have frankly had enough... no more chances and no more excuses.

Late edit: The original statement is making the Saints and Richardson look like 'future' contenders, perhaps 2017-2018 Wink

It really depends on your view of where that 2012 team was at. I believe it was in relative decline after peaking in 2010 and 2011 and he took it to a prelim in 2012, after finishing fourth and then being beaten by the rising power that was Hawthorn. I'd argue that a man that cannot coach does not take a team to a prelim.

After the 2013 finals mess, it needed to be rebuilt, and he has taken it on, despite the risks and the inevitable dip. I consider that the act of courage and determination which I expect from Nathan Buckley, and I hope we stay the course with one of the most disciplined and influential communicators in the game. I think we'll be vindicated in the end, though this year has been a negative surprise, and hard to bear at times.

Losing is never easy - but sometimes in a team game it is the price you must pay for a rebuild, and we are paying it. I believe we saw light at the end of the tunnel, before the train broke down with injury. When we get a few of our key playmakers back, I think the light will grow. I expect to see positive signs again this weekend, even if we cannot win against a Carlton side that has been going through the same process as we have, but are slightly ahead. I expect it to be a close game, as they looked pretty good against the developing GWS powerhouse until well into the third quarter.

Now WolfBoy, you can do your little fact-free "sack Buckley" routine for the umpteenth time. Wink Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 am

Pies will win next week.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Mugwump wrote:

It really depends on your view of where that 2012 team was at. I believe it was in relative decline after peaking in 2010 and 2011 and he took it to a prelim in 2012, after finishing fourth and then being beaten by the rising power that was Hawthorn. I'd argue that a man that cannot coach does not take a team to a prelim.

It was the least experienced/youngest team to win a flag in recent times - younger then the Dawks 2008 side by a few games on average. I can't possibly understand how you could say the team was in decline 1 year after our best home and away season _ever_ !! We also know that in 2011 we had huge disruptions in the club due to the upcoming handover (whoever fault that was, both parties I'm guessing) and it most likely cost us back to back flags. Mick having a wobbly, on the big day was the final outcome of that - again regardless of who's initial fault it was.

I disagree about 2012 totally, the team was on auto pilot and if anything that shows what a great side it was - Buckley has even admitted it was working to Micks old systems etc etc. Your point here is therefore almost mute.

I do not doubt that Buckley having been in the system for 20 odd years understands football and can 'coach' but in regards to if he is a good coach, the evidence so far shows this to be not the case - its been 5 years of steady downward movement.

Mugwump wrote:

After the 2013 finals mess, it needed to be rebuilt, and he has taken it on, despite the risks and the inevitable dip. I consider that the act of courage and determination which I expect from Nathan Buckley, and I hope we stay the course with one of the most disciplined and influential communicators in the game. I think we'll be vindicated in the end, though this year has been a negative surprise, and hard to bear at times.

2013 was a disaster and you could see all year we were not going to cut it, tactically we looked poor and short of ideas all year, we ignored all the signs that things were't going as planned or expected, injuries didn't help but such is life. Buckley was completely called out tactically in the elimination final that we all thought was a given. The game was a disgrace and Bucks looked like a fool in the box - go watch a replay. The rebuild is a lie, it happened because people in the club weren't agreeing with how things were going and Bucks likes yes men.

This years shocking results may be a surprise to you, but it's pretty much exactly what I expected... vindicated yet again but alas to little avail.

Mugwump wrote:

Losing is never easy - but sometimes in a team game it is the price you must pay for a rebuild, and we are paying it. I believe we saw light at the end of the tunnel, before the train broke down with injury. When we get a few of our key playmakers back, I think the light will grow. I expect to see positive signs again this weekend, even if we cannot win against a Carlton side that has been going through the same process as we have, but are slightly ahead. I expect it to be a close game, as they looked pretty good against the developing GWS powerhouse until well into the third quarter.

Now WolfBoy, you can do your little fact-free "sack Buckley" routine for the umpteenth time. Wink Rolling Eyes

Sure we'll improve somewhat with some of our key personal back, that's to be expected... and who knows we may even eventually fluke finals under Buckley due to the evenness of the competition right now (even though it's clear we are well behind the leaders, and by some margin) but will we be pushing anytime soon to win a flag - very unlikely in my opinion, which is based on all the evidence we have seen so far over the last 5 years.

I don't know what the future will hold for us over the next 5 years but its very unlikely to include a Buckley led premiership based on everything we have seen so far, but I suspect we're in for some very rough years ahead regardless of whoever is coaching us - to think otherwise is to be kidding yourself.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:36 am

^ well, two different stories can be made from the same facts, I guess. As you say, Wolfie, time will tell , but only if we give it enough time to make the truth visible.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 am

All about effort with us at the moment.

If we bring the effort from the Lions, Cats, Dogs and Dockers games we win.

If we bring the effort from the Dees or Port games, we lose.

Should know early on which Collingwood has turned up.

Hopefully Darcy is back, need his 2 goals and 2 goal assists.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:57 am

WE played absolutely crap against them last time, and were still right in it at the end nearly, they only won by 15 points, despite our awful game. If we can improve that poor effort by around 50% we should win well, really. Having said that, I'm not overconfident about this game, wary at best.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:24 pm

mattys123 wrote:
All about effort with us at the moment.

If we bring the effort from the Lions, Cats, Dogs and Dockers games we win.

If we bring the effort from the Dees or Port games, we lose.

Should know early on which Collingwood has turned up.

Hopefully Darcy is back, need his 2 goals and 2 goal assists.

If Darcy comes in who goes out - I'd reckon White would be the one to miss out.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: