Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Extreme Black 'n White: Status

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates and your continued efforts, Col.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I've only ever used Nicks, so have no interest or time to waste on other forums, as I'm already wasting far too much time here on Nicks. Confused

given that you have your own opinions on things that sometimes differ from what others think, you wouldn't really be welcome on EBW. you would get moderated a lot. It isnt really a forum for expressing free thought (unless it conforms with the moderators view of the world).

Its kind of justice that it has shut itself down. Probably a silent protest by the internet that free thinking cant and shouldn't be stifled.

cwisbey 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Update I received today:
------------
From: Voyager Info-Systems [mailto:voyagersystems@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 11 June 2016 10:39 AM
To: Colin Wisbey
Subject: Re: Systems glitch, or closed down?

Thank you for holding on. We've just received a brief message that the upstream provider's received new IP information for us. We're not yet sure what direction it'll take in terms of time but I wanted to give you an update, since it's the progress we were waiting for.
VoyForums Support
------------

VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:12 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I've only ever used Nicks, so have no interest or time to waste on other forums, as I'm already wasting far too much time here on Nicks. Confused

given that you have your own opinions on things that sometimes differ from what others think, you wouldn't really be welcome on EBW. you would get moderated a lot. It isnt really a forum for expressing free thought (unless it conforms with the moderators view of the world).

Its kind of justice that it has shut itself down. Probably a silent protest by the internet that free thinking cant and shouldn't be stifled.

Good that Wiz didnt waste a minute of his valuable time giving your post any credence or justification.

U obviously have NFI why the board is moderated like it is.....

a) that WE at EBW can do without any likelihood of legal ramifications, law suits and the like and

b) to intervene in any spot fires that may break out amongst posters that other posters can do without viewing and,

c) general personal insults and attacks.

The board runs well because the vitriol is quickly eradicated.

CP 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:51 pm

That's all absolutely spot on, if it were true.

EBnW does part a) very well and who are non-moderators to argue given the risks being taken.

As for b) and c) - as my brief experience as a poster there and now my infrequent lurking status will attest, some posters have carte blanch to insult and harass other posters who have no recourse.

Ie, as long as you conform not only to the rules but to the beliefs of the moderators, you will be ok. Otherwise, the totalitarian regime will get you.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:32 am

It is a crap board
The format is rubbish
Big footy is a master class compared to that

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:01 am

I love visiting there for another angle, like the format and the characters.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 am

Can't anymore so why bother getting an explanation. Was never any good after Hotty left anyway and Sly and the boys went elsewhere.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:37 pm

ronrat wrote:
Can't anymore so why bother getting an explanation. Was never any good after Hotty left anyway and Sly and the boys went elsewhere.

Sounds a '60s song

Hotty got drafted,
Sly and boys left town,
Colin became a moderator
The whole system went down.

I picture the board sitting around at Al's diner drinking soda and working out how they can get back at E & the gang for messing with Magpie Gregs best gal.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 pm

VictoryPark wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Good that Wiz didnt waste a minute of his valuable time giving your post any credence or justification.

U obviously have NFI why the board is moderated like it is.....

a) that WE at EBW can do without any likelihood of legal ramifications, law suits and the like and

b) to intervene in any spot fires that may break out amongst posters that other posters can do without viewing and,

c) general personal insults and attacks.

The board runs well because the vitriol is quickly eradicated.

I call b*llshit. I had a great time on that site for many years without any legal problems (and the people I abused - abused me back and we had a blast). Then Wiz (the worlds worst and most controlling moderator took over) and the fun just left the board (at least for all of those who don't simply agree with the party line of <snip, cut this petty name calling out - bbmods>). he was just like what happens when you take the strippers out of a strip club. Its certainly more family friendly, but then, what's the point of going ......

Its just hilarious that he is now on here because his site finally shut him down .. Fortunately, moderators here appreciate different views and allow a degree of force of opinions (although strangely not on this particular thread) .....

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:58 pm

5150 wrote:
ronrat wrote:

Sounds a '60s song

Hotty got drafted,
Sly and boys left town,
Colin became a moderator

I picture the board sitting around at Al's diner drinking soda and working out how they can get back at E & the gang for messing with Magpie Gregs best gal.

Now this is the kind of out of left field tangential bs thinking that I really appreciate Laughing Laughing This deserves a limited edition 3rd Degree Chad Morrison emblazoned Tankard! Or Corey Gault Pet Rock Smile

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Cam wrote:
5150 wrote:
ronrat wrote:

Sounds a '60s song

Hotty got drafted,
Sly and boys left town,
Colin became a moderator

Now this is the kind of out of left field tangential bs thinking that I really appreciate Laughing Laughing This deserves a limited edition 3rd Degree Chad Morrison emblazoned Tankard! Or Corey Gault Pet Rock Smile

I'll take the tankard thanks Cam!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Thanks for the heads up E. However, as I said I'm wasting enough time on Nicks as it is. Rolling Eyes
VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:55 pm

thompsoc wrote:
It is a crap board
The format is rubbish

You're a <snip> and have absolutely NO idea.

You want quality irrespect of the format that YOU prefer then go there.

The thread was about the current status of the board not a whingefest saying big footy is a class above.

U really do have NFI.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

VictoryPark wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
It is a crap board
The format is rubbish

You're a <snip> and have absolutely NO idea.

You want quality irrespect of the format that YOU prefer then go there.

The thread was about the current status of the board not a whingefest saying big footy is a class above.

U really do have NFI.

I'm on Thomsoc side on this one. I think its you who is the <snip>.

The <snip, cease the name-calling or cease posting in this thread - bbmods> from EBW infects our board. I think we have every right to pass judgment on their board.

Still not sure how on earth this is football related.

Can we get rid of this thread please.

can we ask <snip> to go back from whence he came. its pretty clear Nicks is full of former hotrod members who just cant stand the way <snip> moderates that board.

Please respect other nicks users' right to voice that displeasure..

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: