Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My thoughts on Collingwood footy boards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

1892_ wrote:
Emotions aways run higher after a loss. Don't text drunk, don't post angry/annoyed.

Perhaps use the train journey home as a chance to unwind and save posting your thoughts until you're home? Everybody should have had a chance to calm down by then and things hopefully won't be as heated.

Also better to block people who attack you rather than wasting time giving them the response they want. You won't miss anything not seeing their posts and will be much happier.

Before I got my SmartPhone last year. I had to wait to get home before I posted.

I try and block them but some be important posters or hot and cold with there posts

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 am

Dave everyone here who is a decent human being knows you bleed black n white.
You like many of us get emotional and post things we later in hindsight regret or ish we had taken time to think it through more
It's all part of the wonderful roller coaster ride known as being a magpie supporter
Mate those who choose to abuse aren't worth you worrying about push ignore and only respond to those who wish to debate and offer alternate opinions.
We mightn't always be right but everyone is entitled to an opinion
Mate stick with it we all get down at times.
I for one enjoy your heart felt posts and even though we won't always agree I respect your right to your opinion just like I try to do to all (some are harder than others respect though)
Chin up mate we will beat port next week and the world will be a happy place
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Who gives a shit. Isn't this just to get shit off your chest. Obviously nobody of any importance reads it otherwise the team would be better than the one that currently runs out each week. Go Pies
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:34 am

Problem is people are aware of Dave's 'passion' and bait him.

We all know and love Dave because he is Dave and he wears his heart on his sleeve (and in his mouth and his typing!)

Some people just love stirring the pot- especially when they know they have an easy target.

Internet is full of heroes.

I've stopped reading Game day threads due to the endless amount of shit posted.

I also have learnt to ignore certain posters- who seem to be trolling the whole site or individuals.

Dave- don't go changing- you are a true Collingwood supporter and we love you for it
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 am

Most people on here love you DTM including myself.
When I first came on Nicks we had the DTM trade page...that was great
Both you and I know who the nasty ones are.
There are a few older dudes here including me who have supreme confidence in our analysis and arguments.
Have confidence!
So, don't worry about the rabbits just post for fun.
And if you get a nasty response ignore them.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 am

cup of cement! don't let the weak pricks wreck your enjoyment.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:06 am

MagpieMad wrote:
cup of cement! don't let the weak pricks wreck your enjoyment.

I like that avatar of yours!
Much better than mine.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 am

Dave The Man wrote:
But how can I post about a Game that is NOT in a Gameday Thread?

I know I can be Negative but yes I don't mind being Called on but Not with the Abuse. I guess being Gameday my Emotions have not gone yet. That normally takes to the Next Day to Fully Settle Down

If it takes time to settle the emotional effects of the game then allow yourself a little time and then post your views of the game in the results thread.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:57 am
Post subject: Re: My thoughts on Collingwood footy boardsReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Need to get this off my Chest:

I am really getting to get Sick of Footy Forums.

Member at Nicks since 2005 and Bigfooty since 2009.

I have found in last few years they have not been a Great/Happy place to be.

Speak your mind and get attacked and then Defend yourself then get trouble with Mods.

There are some good people on best forums but I finding myself not liking being on them and sometimes Hate the Feels there

I been spending less time on them this year. Most time I spend on them are Gamedays and that when I not like the Feeling on them

Fair enough Dave. Maybe you should give Nicks a rest mate and get out and do other stuff with your life mate. If it's annoying you then it's no good for you.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
But how can I post about a Game that is NOT in a Gameday Thread?

I know I can be Negative but yes I don't mind being Called on but Not with the Abuse. I guess being Gameday my Emotions have not gone yet. That normally takes to the Next Day to Fully Settle Down

If it takes time to settle the emotional effects of the game then allow yourself a little time and then post your views of the game in the results thread.

True enough but a general lack of logical and rational thinking goes on here every single day. Nothing anyone can do about this (everyone has the right to post according to their own opinions) except to acknowledge/admit that it happens, that these views will be sometimes ingonored/challenged/confronted and that life goes on irrespective of the result................... Rolling Eyes

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:09 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Yeah, that's probably the best way to talk about it on Facebook, but even then, people are prone to going overboard, even the ones we carefully vet...

Yeah I know what you mean, I posted once when we only just got out of jail against Melbourne that we played rubbish (I think it was 2010 Queens Birthday.) and I got criticised for not talking up how the Dees played... by a Lions supporter of all people.

I had a cats fan that used to always pop up and give me shit if we lost to them, nothing from them when the Pies won not even a "good win by the Pies" or anything I never gave them shit though.

Its why I stick mainly to the group chats with friends that don't act like children, we banter, we take the piss, but nothing over the top we can discuss things fine.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:57 pm

I think you let your emotions sometimes get the better of you Dave. We're all very passionate about the club but I can't help but admire your passion in facets of the club, especially the fact that you attend most VFL games as well as AFL games so no one can dispute your loyalty and dedication to the club.

Forums have people of all walks of life so it's inevitable you're not going to get along with everyone, so you have to accept that one way or another. If someone is openly bullying or verbally abusing you, then report it to the moderators (it's their role to deal with matters like that), but if someone is passionately disagreeing you on an issue but aren't being abusive, then you just have to agree to disagree with them.

If you feel you're emotional and angry about the team's performance or other posters are being provocative towards you sometimes it's best to steer clear from forums for a while and calm yourself down for a while. Especially in times of crisis, forums like this can be very volatile but overall I still think it's a far better platform to discuss football than it is on social media.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:13 pm

matrix10 wrote:
Problem is people are aware of Dave's 'passion' and bait him.

We all know and love Dave because he is Dave and he wears his heart on his sleeve (and in his mouth and his typing!)

Some people just love stirring the pot- especially when they know they have an easy target.

Internet is full of heroes.

I've stopped reading Game day threads due to the endless amount of shit posted.

I also have learnt to ignore certain posters- who seem to be trolling the whole site or individuals.

Dave- don't go changing- you are a true Collingwood supporter and we love you for it

Did not think it of that way.

I can get very Passionate and I there are some who just Rev me up on Purpose. Like when I was at School when Teachers told Kids not to Pick on me just to get a Reaction

Uphold_the_Magpies'_name! 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 pm

Harden up I say and use the block button. That's how I enjoy this forum. I block you because you are far too negative and that ruins my experience. I love Collingwood but hate the negativity and ridiculous comments and threads that get created on this forum. Block what you don't want to put up with and move on. Go the mighty magpies!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: