Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
One of the most thrilling moments of last week's game was the moment that Treloar tapped that ball just over the hand of the cats player so that he could collect it and then pass it to Cox for that now-famous goal. Great players are made from those split-second instincts. He's a jet and there is better to come, I suspect.

Oh no mate - what you and I and everyone else saw as a split-second act of genius and composure was apparently a 'fumble' if you listen to the master that is hamish mclachlin.
Ads7 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Ads7 wrote:
Hi Pie fans,

I am a first time poster so please go easy!

I love this kid. Not just because he is good but because of the hard work he puts in. The one (minor) blemish of his performances has been his goal kicking the last few weeks. I caught the last bit of training today and he was one of two (the other being Tom Phillips) who stayed after the session finished to work on goal kicking. This guy will do great things for our Club on and off the field!

Welcome aboard. Was Crocker late off the track too? Every training session I've been to, he has stayed back to have extra practice, usually with Phillips and Jeremy Howe.

Yep Crocker was there as well, he left just before the other two boys. Good signs from a young player Smile
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:47 pm

Which part of Treloar's
- 31 disposals (3rd in the AFL)
- 6 tackles per game (> anyone else in the top 10-15 disposals)
- line breaking run and carry
- 115 S'coach points per game (rank 9th)
- 6 goals this season (> other top 10 by disposals too)

doesn't qualify him as elite/A-grader already?
His clearance numbers are solid too given Pies rank lowest by hitouts.

Not like he hasn't generated 100 Supercoach points and averaged high 20's disposals in his past couple of seasons either (eclipsing Danger's disposal average each year). He is very consistent already, which for mine makes him elite with those characteristics/numbers.

And he's managed that as a young player who has entered a new club this season which has underperformed relative to expectations.

BTW is his kicking for goal any worse than other elite mids like Dangerfield (who has stunk it up this season),
Pendlebury (who had a rare good week last week),
Judd?
None have been great, but are considered elite overall players.

I suspect some have not been as aware to Treloar's capabilities from prior seasons as I have. He is unequivocally ELITE already.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:55 pm

leonmagic wrote:
mudlark wrote:
leonmagic wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Um, no. Daniel Rich is not as good as any mid going around. He's a very good midfielder, but I can name at least 20 midfielders who are better. So he's not as good as any mid going around.

As an aside, Treloar needs to learn how to slow down a little when he sprints through 50 so he can slot the running goal as he's missed a few on the run at full speed.

Name away!!!

1. dangerfield
2. pendlebury
3. treloar
4. mitchell
5. boak
6. zaharakis
7. kennedy (syd)
8. ablett
9. neale
10. sheil
11. viney
12. parker
13. selwood
14. n. jones
15. swan
16. martin
17. cripps
18. vince
19. gray
20. priddis

could probably name about 10 more to be honest (and i'm sure i've forgotten some obvious ones)

I think I could name 10 of those that couldn't blow wind up his rectum. Happy to see you put The B grader and Pendles in though. Sheila??? Haharakis,Vince?? Gimme a break. Who are the other 10?

pendles a b-grader??

more than happy for you to name whoever you're talking about and i'll give you others who are better than rich.

zaharakis and vince are probably line-ball depending on what you're after so i'll wear that.

mind you if you'd prefer rich in your team over sheil then i think you're probably not worth my time anyway to be fair.

I'll stop at 10 additional names but could go on
Fyfe, Hannebery, Sidebottom, Murphy, Ward, Zorko, Cotchin, Sloane, J Steven, Hanley

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Which part of Treloar's

Not like he hasn't generated 100 Supercoach points and averaged high 20's disposals in his past couple of seasons either (eclipsing Danger's disposal average each year). He is very consistent already, which for mine makes him elite with those characteristics/numbers.

And he's managed that as a young player who has entered a new club this season which has underperformed relative to expectations.

BTW is his kicking for goal any worse than other elite mids like Dangerfield (who has stunk it up this season),
Judd?

I suspect some have not been as aware to Treloar's capabilities from prior seasons as I have. He is unequivocally ELITE already.

He will win the Copeland, which is testament to his A grade status.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Yes, getting close to A grade.
Will/has joined Sidey and Pendles in the elite company at Collingwood.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Which part of Treloar's

Judd?

I think he is A grade. And when you lay it out like above the stats certainly are convincing.

But i believe that racking up stats and influencing games are two different things.

And because of that belief I don't think he is in the same caliber as Dangerfield .......yet.

Put josh smith next to Varcoe for 2016 for example and the stats will show you a guy that (round the ground) has it all over Varcoe in spades. He's a magnet.

But ask me who I'd rather have in the side because of their consistent influence on the game and right now it's Varcoe hands down.

I know it's not a great comparison, I'm merely suggesting that Treloar has room to improve and I believe he will do so. Perhaps just some age, and some experience is all that is needed.

He certainly blew my caution to the wind against Geelong.

He's a jet. No doubt. Will he become a match winning super star.? ....I think so. Is he there yet? IMO Not quiet....but he's close.

This is just my opinion, and you certainly seem to have watched him more over the last few years than I. So I'll happily put my opinion aside and buy into it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Which part of Treloar's

Judd?

I think he is A grade. And when you lay it out like above the stats certainly are convincing.

But i believe that racking up stats and influencing games are two different things.

And because of that belief I don't think he is in the same caliber as Dangerfield .......yet.

Put josh smith next to Varcoe for 2016 for example and the stats will show you a guy that (round the ground) has it all over Varcoe in spades. He's a magnet.

But ask me who I'd rather have in the side because of their consistent influence on the game and right now it's Varcoe hands down.

I know it's not a great comparison, I'm merely suggesting that Treloar has room to improve and I believe he will do so. Perhaps just some age, and some experience is all that is needed.

He's a jet. No doubt. Will he become a match winning super star.? ....I think so. Is he there yet? IMO Not quiet....but he's close.

This is just my opinion, and you certainly seem to have watched him more over the last few years than I. So I'll happily put my opinion aside and buy into it.

Thanks to you, and others, Zeroes for sharing your thoughts.

I don't think he is at Dangerfield's standard but maybe only 2-3 midfielders are in the entire comp? No doubt to me he is A Grade or elite already. I think his game against Brisbane (36 touches, 3 goals) shows he can influence contests. I think his run in the last quarter of the Tigers game saw us over the line too. I think it is his pace and stamina that sets him apart from many in terms of X factor. Hasn't got the marking ability of Fyfe or Danger and never will, but his pace to run away from contests and make posiiton is Danger/Judd-like. He is pretty hard at it too as his tackle numbers show.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Which part of Treloar's

Judd?

Thanks to you, and others, Zeroes for sharing your thoughts.

I don't think he is at Dangerfield's standard but maybe only 2-3 midfielders are in the entire comp? No doubt to me he is A Grade or elite already. I think his game against Brisbane (36 touches, 3 goals) shows he can influence contests. I think his run in the last quarter of the Tigers game saw us over the line too. I think it is his pace and stamina that sets him apart from many in terms of X factor. Hasn't got the marking ability of Fyfe or Danger and never will, but his pace to run away from contests and make posiiton is Danger/Judd-like. He is pretty hard at it too as his tackle numbers show.

Oh yeah ....no doubt. His turn of pace is amazing when he gets a sniff of space. He still catches me by surprise with it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:47 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
One of the most thrilling moments of last week's game was the moment that Treloar tapped that ball just over the hand of the cats player so that he could collect it and then pass it to Cox for that now-famous goal. Great players are made from those split-second instincts. He's a jet and there is better to come, I suspect.

Oh no mate - what you and I and everyone else saw as a split-second act of genius and composure was apparently a 'fumble' if you listen to the master that is hamish mclachlin.

Yep, that 'fumble' line ruined the freakin replay for me.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
leonmagic wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Yep, that 'fumble' line ruined the freakin replay for me.

Funny, I watched it about 8 times and found it as pleasant the first time as the last ...

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:33 pm

So fast and powerful, also runs in straight lines plus cant get tackled. Seems unlikely to get injured..
----------
------------
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:14 am

The boy is obviously doing a lot right - he's averaging nearly 31 disposals per Collingwood game, albeit that his increased output this year is in handballs (average kicks per season: 12.4, 12, 12.6, 12.6 and 12.5; average handballs: 8.7, 12, 15.1, 14.9, 18.31), as well as laying more tackles and hitting the scoreboard slightly more than he did at GWS.

He's on target for a 680 disposal season.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The boy is obviously doing a lot right - he's averaging nearly 31 disposals per Collingwood game, albeit that his increased output this year is in handballs (average kicks per season: 12.4, 12, 12.6, 12.6 and 12.5; average handballs: 8.7, 12, 15.1, 14.9, 18.31), as well as laying more tackles and hitting the scoreboard slightly more than he did at GWS.

I'm on him for the Brownlow @ $80 EW. It's a wide open market.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I'm on him for the Brownlow @ $80 EW. It's a wide open market.

What about Charlie Dixon as an outside chance??

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: