Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies cream Cats. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynard is still learning the caper obviously and he hasn't had a lot of leadership material around him, not has he had much in the way of a settled core of backs. Our back six has been a hotch-potch of whoever was still standing. Maynard is developing well. He is tough at the contest and is a good kick. He makes some poor decisions at times but he's learning. He will make it.

We are still very young and inexperienced and that combined with heaps of injuries has contributed to our early season poor form.

The major factor though has been work rate. I watched a lot of the preseason. The accurate kicking and coast to coast work we saw yesterday, was practised ad infinitum in training sessions and it was there to see in the NAB game vs the Cats. Watch that game again and see how similar it was to yesterday's game. Swift movement through the middle, run from half back and manic pressure.

It disappeared for a couple of months but it's back now. We will still fall over because we are young, but I think we have turned the corner.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 am

It seems to me that our defensive play has changed in the last two weeks. Many are claiming that this is not a change in our game plan, but is an element that was always there and we are executing much better now. However, from what I can see, the last two games have seen us minimize the zoning that we were playing so poorly (game against St kilda springs to mind) and now are playing much a much more direct defence of guarding the opponent rather than space. I agree that alot of the difference can be explained by work rate (our spread against Geelong was fantastic, the best all year) as was our midfield defensive pressure (the midfield swarmed everywhere and played a massive role in assisting the defence, something which would always have been part of the gameplan).
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
It seems to me that our defensive play has changed in the last two weeks. Many are claiming that this is not a change in our game plan, but is an element that was always there and we are executing much better now. However, from what I can see, the last two games have seen us minimize the zoning that we were playing so poorly (game against St kilda springs to mind) and now are playing much a much more direct defence of guarding the opponent rather than space. I agree that a lot of the difference can be explained by work rate (our spread against Geelong was fantastic, the best all year) as was our midfield defensive pressure (the midfield swarmed everywhere and played a massive role in assisting the defence, something which would always have been part of the gameplan).

Absolutely! It is the 'breathing' game plan… Smile
When we have the ball - we are riding the out-breath and we expand to play wide and fast. When the opposition have the ball - we contract on the in-breath - Bringing pressure and less space and time to the opposition…

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:02 am

Very Happy hearing us touch up the handbaggers . We showed a lot of grit holding our nerve when they came back. Great to see the Skipper back to his best. I loved how Greenwood and Adams stirred up the fat striped ones. Steele was amazing and Coxy's run was one for the ages, guy richards was very proud wherever he was. Really happy with Josh Smith as well showed some resolve against a quality opponent .As stated by many a great team effort keep it coming lads.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 am

Great to hear the Geelong supporters ringing in to KB's program insisting that this was the inevitable consequence of "emotional letdown" after the "big game against Dangerfield's old club" the previous week. If they're making up garbage like that, you know that they're really, really irritated about the loss.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:57 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Great to hear the Geelong supporters ringing in to KB's program insisting that this was the inevitable consequence of "emotional letdown" after the "big game against Dangerfield's old club" the previous week. If they're making up garbage like that, you know that they're really, really irritated about the loss.

read their fan log site on big footy.
It is an interesting read.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:58 am

That was a fantastic win that came as a result of a great four quarter effort. We put the cats to the sword and pressured them at every contest - forcing turnovers, rushed kicks and handballs. While we made a few skill errors ourselves, I thought for the most part we were switched on.

I loved our intensity and determination. This is something which I feel has been lacking up until last week when we tore the brions a new one. We looked and played like a side that's comfortable and prepared to back themselves to win. But what I loved most was our response when we were challenged. We never slipped up. We were steady and composed and made the most of our opportunities. We always looked to move the ball forward quickly - even when switching play.

That was definitely a win for the ages and something we should all be proud of. We've turned the corner now and the only way is up. We can beat anyone on any given day.

Everyone played their role. It's hard to fault any one player really. There were no passengers at all from what I could tell.

Our forward pressure was incredible and was reminiscent of the 2010-11 years. I loved that the team was prepared to take the game on and run the ball through the middle. Howe and Reid setting up from the backline with pinpoint accuracy was a joy to watch.

Next week will be yet another big test for us against the dogs but if we bring the same intensity and pressure we brought against the cats then there's every possibility we'll win.

I didn't realise we only had 8 players who, up to now, had played every game. That shows just how important continuity is to a team.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:35 am

unbelievable.

I watched the Geelong structures completely fail in the first quarter, and they never recovered.

Really impressed. I have always had faith in Bucks, and at last so do the players. You could feel it.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:06 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

read their fan log site on big footy.
It is an interesting read.

As someone who detests having double standards, let's be bloody perfectly honest here, Nick's is exactly the same after a loss... Rolling Eyes

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:40 am

I watched the first quarter again a couple of nights ago, and scott's comments came back to me. Complete and utter bullshit. They did not have an off day. Sure they missed a couple of gettable goals in the first but we just hunted like a pack of hungry wolves and dominated them.

If they then came back and almost won is that that not contradictory to having a bad day? Their last quarters have supposedly been unequalled this season, yet we withstood that onslaught and pulled away again.

geelong played badly my arse. We were too good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: