Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Aussie $ overvalued by this much?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Aussie $$ too high?
Yes.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I have no Idea.
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aussie dollar is crumbling after RBA governor Glenn Stevens opened the door for more rate cuts.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/the-aussie-dollar-is-crumbling-after-rba-governor-glenn-stevens-opened-the-door-for-more-rate-cuts/ar-BBtoAVN?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=sl5mdhp

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Lucky me, I bought US for my holiday a few weeks back. Very Happy
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Good thing I bought my month in the US in October a few months ago.

Still need to buy my F1 ticket,nut man I'll prob penny pinch a little if things get much worse.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:41 am
Post subject: Re: The Aussie $ overvalued by this much?Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
I'd think they're a little off the mark with this prediction.

What ya reckon?

If you are planning an overseas holiday next year or looking to make an expensive purchase in another currency, you may want to sell your Australian dollar's soon. It looks set to drop more than 18% against the US dollar by the end of next year.

That's the bearish forecast offered by Alan Ruskin and George Saravelos, macro strategists at Deutsche Bank, who suggest a number of factors, none less than the prospect of further rate cuts from the Reserve Bank of Australia, will push the Aussie down to just 60 cents by they end of 2017.

The pair believe that recent strength in the Aussie has seen it overshoot fair value based on Deutsche's modelling, leaving it "vulnerable" to correction.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/deutsche-bank-sees-the-australian-dollar-at-60-cents-by-the-end-of-next-year/ar-BBsZFJA?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=sl5mdhp
Seriously, Deutsche Bank are the masters of deflection. The idiot on the street understands that the The US Dollar dictates what happens with most currencies. The US economy will have to boom for the AUD to drop to 60 cents. They should look in the mirror at all the crap that is going down their end. They just loss over 6 BILLION dollars last year after a major loss the years before. It's a pity Alan Ruskin and George Saravelos, macro strategists for Deutsche Bank can't get their own companies performance correct whilst dictating what is happening in other parts of the globe. Fricking laughable. Basic economics. US Interest Rates go up. Our dollar goes down. Our rates go down, our dollar goes down. The US sneezes, we catch a cold. The outside factor is China and if they decide to pull out of our market that will send us broke.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:53 am

Planning a US trip for my 50th (4th of July 2017) ..... would be worth borrowing money to buy $US now if this blokes right Shocked

“The Australian dollar is at far more risk than most people think,” wrote Gor, the fund manager’s head of income and fixed interest. “A shock downside could easily see it move to 40 cents against the U.S. dollar if current trends continue, commodities fall to lows again and economic growth deteriorates.”

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/aussie-at-risk-of-drop-to-40-us-cents-bt-investment-says/ar-AAgTZht?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=sl5mdhp

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Skids wrote:
Planning a US trip for my 50th (4th of July 2017) ..... would be worth borrowing money to buy $US now if this blokes right Shocked

“The Australian dollar is at far more risk than most people think,” wrote Gor, the fund manager’s head of income and fixed interest. “A shock downside could easily see it move to 40 cents against the U.S. dollar if current trends continue, commodities fall to lows again and economic growth deteriorates.”

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/aussie-at-risk-of-drop-to-40-us-cents-bt-investment-says/ar-AAgTZht?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=sl5mdhp

Blimey Shocked

If this bloke is right I wouldn't be buying greenbacks. I'd be buying gold bars!

You might end up getting your holiday for free Cool

MM

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Skids wrote:

Get plenty of $1's for tips and buy smokes for the homeless beggers.

If you go to a strip club, take $1s and $100's Shocked Embarassed

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:50 pm

It seems we may need USD for a couple of the African countries we are going to next year - buggar!!

I read somewhere that if Trump gets elected the USD is likely to fall at least in the short term - is that likely to be the case? And does that mean that if it does fall the exchange rate for us will be better?

I know 2/3 of stuff all about financial markets etc Embarassed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:25 pm

^

I've got 500 Mexican Pesos you can have, they may go up when Trump wins. Razz

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:16 pm

^ well they aren't white I suppose so Mugabe may be agreeable - pop them in the sock drawer so they are safe please - ta muchly Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Hah, will do. I've also got a few billion on Zimbabwe currency if you want to buy half an ice cube. Wink
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:49 pm
Post subject: Re: The Aussie $ overvalued by this much?Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
I'd think they're a little off the mark with this prediction.

What ya reckon?

If you are planning an overseas holiday next year or looking to make an expensive purchase in another currency, you may want to sell your Australian dollar's soon. It looks set to drop more than 18% against the US dollar by the end of next year.

That's the bearish forecast offered by Alan Ruskin and George Saravelos, macro strategists at Deutsche Bank, who suggest a number of factors, none less than the prospect of further rate cuts from the Reserve Bank of Australia, will push the Aussie down to just 60 cents by they end of 2017.

The pair believe that recent strength in the Aussie has seen it overshoot fair value based on Deutsche's modelling, leaving it "vulnerable" to correction.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/deutsche-bank-sees-the-australian-dollar-at-60-cents-by-the-end-of-next-year/ar-BBsZFJA?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=sl5mdhp

I wonder if this muppet put his money where his mouth was?
The Aussie hit a 2 year high today Shocked

Funny how an uneducated plumber can be closer to the mark than a supposed financial guru Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Don't bypass that economics degree just yet mate. Razz

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-18/australian-dollar-how-high-could-it-go/8717862

Up to 78c against the US and going gangbusters in Asia.

If it gets up to mid 80's again i'll buy a few $K for my next US trip. Wink

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:56 pm

My first trip to the States, in 2010, it was almost one for one Cool
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Skids wrote:
My first trip to the States, in 2010, it was almost one for one Cool
yep 5 trips and that's the best it was,I think it was around 98c in 2010,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: