Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone happen to notice the kid?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and when you see the Hawks cribbing the mark, then it gets REALLY annoying.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
MP magpie wrote:
I will be Mr. Negative here.. he needs to keep the focus at all times.

Menzels 50 metre goal - he marked on the 50 line, yet Smith stood 40 metres out for the mark. Menzel runs in and drills it, kicked about a foot in front of where he marked it. Frustrating and shouldn't have happened.

Silly error, needs to get better in that regard. But this kid has a fair bit of potential.

That happened a few times yesterday (not just to Smith) and I was going nuts. I don't know if this was a mental breakdown or an umpiring mistake though. They could have just got the mark wrong.

I think this kids ok, but nothing more. Definitely a bit vanilla, ordinary pace, ordinary decision making, ordinary skills, but a good nose for the ball. He seems like the kind of player who'll hang around a few years, play about 100-150 games and then leave. Still, much better than Maynard.

really can't understand the maynard-bashing i see pop up around here. are people forgetting he's in his second year in a depleted defence with little to no regular leadership down there to guide him?

a lot of people will have egg on their faces once he finds his feet and confidence at this level. not for a second saying he will be his equal, but there is so much luke hodge about him it's not funny.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Agreed Maynard is still a young Kid , but is showing a lot of promise will become a gun, But I still put Gault ahead of him for now.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Cam wrote:
Yeah and when you see the Hawks cribbing the mark, then it gets REALLY annoying.

Was very happy to see them cop a 50 metre penalty for it Friday night. Hopefully that will now happen more often.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm

The kid will be a ripper. I just love his physicality. Once he settles into the side, his confidence will grow and he will flourish into an absolute gun defender. Who knows he may even move into the midfield.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:37 am

Quote:
Agreed Maynard is still a young Kid , but is showing a lot of promise will become a gun, But I still put Gault ahead of him for now.

Really? To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Gault is shown the door at seasons end, in the absence of any drastic turnaround in form. Maynard on the other hand, I have a feeling the club has high hopes for.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 am

RudeBoy wrote:
The kid will be a ripper. I just love his physicality. Once he settles into the side, his confidence will grow and he will flourish into an absolute gun defender. Who knows he may even move into the midfield.

Watching the game a few times since Saturday, I hope you are right, but I really have my doubts that he is made of the right stuff. Apart from a number pf obvious clangers, there was a point in the last quarter where adams put maynard under enormous pressure with a bad pass into the centre of the ground. The cats player intercepted and Toovey intervened, but Maynard moved away from the contest and left Toovey to cope with two cats alone, before He barged back in and then plunged straight into a Geelong player's back giving away a free. It was not a lack of courage, just a lack of footy smarts. i hope he makes it, but i think others have better claims. I think he'll be out this week if anyone is fit enough in the reserves to take his spot. Sinclair, williams or goldsack might all get his spot if fit.

Last edited by Mugwump on Tue May 24, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:

I love his poise. I know he's 22 but for a kid just starting his senior AFL footy journey he never seems phased, seems to have time to weigh up what he should do, makes good decisions more often than not, and executes reasonably well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: