Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A reflection shared

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 am
Post subject: A reflection sharedReply with quote

Probably as good a time as any after two wins to repeat a constant opinion of mine FWIW.
The reality is that we will win some games the rest of this season and we will lose some games. I have no idea whether we will make the finals although I fervently hope we win enough games to do so.
We can only continue to support the club as we have always done, through thick and thin, through the good and the bad and the wins and the losses.
The main ingredients we need (imo) is loyalty, trust and patience. I have always been extremely confident (as I have posted many times before) that we are headed in the right direction. However ultimately, that is a decision for the Club to endorse, not mere me. I choose to be a very loyal, long term supporter of the mighty club and tend not to push the bloody panic button after a loss or two. It is a game FFS and sometimes we win, other times we lose. That’s what feeds the incredible unbridled passion of following an AFL team.

I have no time for either boastful gloaters after a win or the pessimistic Chicken Littles after a loss when all hell breaks lose on Nick’s. Neither is necessary because in the end, it is what it is as for most of us thankfully, reality rules over any other affliction.

My ardent hope is for Collingwood to have now turned the corner so to speak and start winning most if not all games. However, the abject reality is that we could still lose some winnable games due to the fickle nature of a developing team. These are the results I dread but they happen in footy.

How we deal with it will probable enlighten us as to which posters here have learnt the art of being loyal and patient, and which posters are still hell bent on pushing the panic button and wanting everyone from the President down sacked at Collingwood, hidden agendas aside.

As always to each their own but at least now, we will clearly know where each poster stands, as most of you do with me over the many years.

Go ‘pies!!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was amazing. My best mate, who reads Nicks but has never joined. Is one of the most passionate fans I've ever seen, can be good and bad at times Smile

He was so happy to see us just putting in and playing well it brought a tear to his eye, fantastic.

PS - we both cried at the SeaWorld dolphin show too Smile

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Skids wrote:
Saturday was amazing. My best mate, who reads Nicks but has never joined. Is one of the most passionate fans I've ever seen, can be good and bad at times Smile

He was so happy to see us just putting in and playing well it brought a tear to his eye, fantastic.

Wow! The SeaWorld dolphin show must an extremely emotional experience..... Twisted Evil Razz

Just like watching Collingwood win........ Laughing

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm
Post subject: Re: A reflection sharedReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Probably as good a time as any after two wins to repeat a constant opinion of mine FWIW.
The reality is that we will win some games the rest of this season and we will lose some games. I have no idea whether we will make the finals although I fervently hope we win enough games to do so.
We can only continue to support the club as we have always done, through thick and thin, through the good and the bad and the wins and the losses.
The main ingredients we need (imo) is loyalty, trust and patience. I have always been extremely confident (as I have posted many times before) that we are headed in the right direction. However ultimately, that is a decision for the Club to endorse, not mere me. I choose to be a very loyal, long term supporter of the mighty club and tend not to push the bloody panic button after a loss or two. It is a game FFS and sometimes we win, other times we lose. That’s what feeds the incredible unbridled passion of following an AFL team.

I have no time for either boastful gloaters after a win or the pessimistic Chicken Littles after a loss when all hell breaks lose on Nick’s. Neither is necessary because in the end, it is what it is as for most of us thankfully, reality rules over any other affliction.

My ardent hope is for Collingwood to have now turned the corner so to speak and start winning most if not all games. However, the abject reality is that we could still lose some winnable games due to the fickle nature of a developing team. These are the results I dread but they happen in footy.

How we deal with it will probable enlighten us as to which posters here have learnt the art of being loyal and patient, and which posters are still hell bent on pushing the panic button and wanting everyone from the President down sacked at Collingwood, hidden agendas aside.

As always to each their own but at least now, we will clearly know where each poster stands, as most of you do with me over the many years.

Go ‘pies!!

Great post Lazza. Well said.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:14 pm

Got a bit teary meself at the G, especially after Cox and his long run goal, I knew we had the pussies by the short and curlies then, and to withstand their challenge, and go again, was fantastic for a young team. One of the best wins I have ever seen by us, one for the ages on youtube. Great post Lazza, mate, as long as we have a red hot go each game, I'm satisfied, I knew wed come good, once our team got more settled, vital keys like varcoe, taylor adams etc, back from injury. We are a work in progress, like the big tall Texan, and boy oh boy, does he remind me of Paul Salmon or what, hes gonna be a bloody ripper !! Moore is a future gun up forward too, and we are definitely heading in the right direction as you say, Lazza. Patience is a virtue !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Got a bit teary meself at the G, especially after Cox and his long run goal, I knew we had the pussies by the short and curlies then, and to withstand their challenge, and go again, was fantastic for a young team. One of the best wins I have ever seen by us, one for the ages on youtube. Great post Lazza, mate, as long as we have a red hot go each game, I'm satisfied, I knew wed come good, once our team got more settled, vital keys like varcoe, taylor adams etc, back from injury. We are a work in progress, like the big tall Texan, and boy oh boy, does he remind me of Paul Salmon or what, hes gonna be a bloody ripper !! Moore is a future gun up forward too, and we are definitely heading in the right direction as you say, Lazza. Patience is a virtue !

Thanks Piesnchess and PyreneesPie. I'm a happy supporter at the moment.

I honestly think our future under Bucks is bright but that does not mean we won't lose a few more games this season. Let 2016 look after itself and see what it brings, as any other prediction is pure speculation.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Skids wrote:

The dolphin show is good not tear worthy though
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:18 pm

a couple of wins sure does make the world of a collingwood supporter a happy place. Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

simon tonna wrote:
a couple of wins sure does make the world of a collingwood supporter a happy place. Rolling Eyes

Can’t speak for the others but I'm always very happy when the 'pies win and always upset when the 'pies lose. Always.
However, I'm not inclined to either shout it out from the hilltops taking the lids off when we win OR push the panic button and expect the sky to fall the next day after we lose. I find that the sun still rises the next day whatever the result, as long as you have realistic expectations that it will.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I've been up and down with the club over the past 9 weeks.

1 second I'm furious and Bucks has to go and the next I think he's the right man for the job.

My disliking of the coaching staff waivers quite a bit. The less I'm on Nicks the less I think Bucks is the wrong person for the job.

Weighing it up, my biggest grips came from the club itself promising stuff that they probably shouldn't... ie premierships and top 4.

I know they have been talking about it for years from 2017 on, but it's hard to not get caught in the hype.

I have maintained that all along, that if things did improve then yes I agree Bucks is the right man for the job and I think we are now starting to see some of the proof.

I also have no issue discussing other coaches and who would come in if Bucks were to go. Same goes with the President. Problem is, you can't have discussions here before people shoot you down and call you a %$^%$£$% and say **** you... that is literally their replies.

I too also believe that some of the arguments on here did extend from the shock of the first part of the season as we were not supposed to be down here... of there.

Whatever that bomb was he shoved up their arse before the Brisbane game was fantastic. I'm not a believer of the softly softly approach to anything... same goes with my karate, I respond better when the Sensei tells me I'm doing shit and not at a nidan/sandan standard than saying that's ok you will improve.

Laz; you're a better man than me with this sort of thing I commend you for that.

I'm not going to say we're a lock for anything. Reality is, we're going to win and lose some and we're going to give a few beltings and we're going to cop a few beltings. But as long as we continue to improve, then I'm a happy camper.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
simon tonna wrote:

Can’t speak for the others but I'm always very happy when the 'pies win and always upset when the 'pies lose. Always.
However, I'm not inclined to either shout it out from the hilltops taking the lids off when we win OR push the panic button and expect the sky to fall the next day after we lose. I find that the sun still rises the next day whatever the result, as long as you have realistic expectations that it will.

for some footy is the be all and end all. for others it's a major distraction from the mundanity of life that involves working, paying bills, raising kids etc. a win is always good but a loss is not the end of the world. i no longer get worked up about a loss. a loss is one of three possible outcomes whenever your team goes into battle. you have to prepare for amd expect it to happen at some point.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Lazza wrote:
Skids wrote:

Wow! The SeaWorld dolphin show must an extremely emotional experience..... Twisted Evil Razz

Just like watching Collingwood win........ Laughing

It is......they should set them free

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 pm

I think I wanted Geelong to lose just as much as I wanted the Pies to win, so I guess it was a double dose of delight!

No use tanking, we need to finish as high as possible so GWS don't make up look like a laughing stock.

TopGun Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Not enough work to keep you occupied today Lazza?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Get rid of Leading Teams because they are no good and didn't help us at all get over the drug thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: