Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post-match: Pies down to Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
it's complacency and witts has it too. some G&D and one on one hatred against your immediate opponent is something missing from all the players this year.

Yep I agree there was no hate in these guys. No one went over and smashed Squibbs or Murphy. I think Greenwood gave murphy a hard tackle and straight away he got a softie.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:57 am

Flashman wrote:
Grundy played his first shocker this season. Prior to Saturday he'd been solid in every game. Dropping players immediately after one bad game (especially a developing player and yes ruckmen do take longer to develop) isn't the answer at all.

Brodie is generally a good ball winner for a follower and offers us much, much more than Witts in this regard (who is simply too ponderous to make contests or provide second and third efforts which Grundy is very good at).

I agree that his overhead and contested marking isn't good enough and he needs to develop this aspect of his game (as does Witts) otherwise he's never going to develop to the next level. I don't have much hope for this though as it hasn't improved one iota from when he first was at the club and if the Chris Dawes precedent is anything to go by I don't think improvement will happen at all (In the years Dawes was on our list he never learnt the correct technique to mark overhead competently).

Disagree on Grundy. I think he started very slowly this season and benefited enormously from Witts being injured meaning no replacement. That said, the kid has improved each week. Saturday was a bit of a retrograde step but you are going to get those occasionally with young rucks.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:10 pm

^ strange, but i thought he was outplayed for long stretches by Nic Nat and Gawn in the two weeks prior, to be honest, and those stretches were the ones in which Melbourne and Wet coats put a space in those games.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ strange, but i thought he was outplayed for long stretches by Nic Nat and Gawn in the two weeks prior, to be honest, and those stretches were the ones in which Melbourne and Wet coats put a space in those games.

In terms of how effective Grundy was in comparison to the opposition ruck.
Simple answer is he has been smashed for the last few weeks.
He was completely and utterly ineffective on Saturday.
The big Kruz who we rejected last year won hands down.
We now have 3 basically young ruckmen and 4 if you include Moore with no 25 to 28 year old ruckman to lead the way.
We delisted Ceglar and did not pick up Kruz.
Another issue for the list manager.
But hey "he is a genius"!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Yeah, had periods where he was getting smashed in terms of hitouts but in both games his around the ground impact pushed closer to what we know he can produce. Saturday he was ordinary despite getting close to Kruz in terms of hitouts. Offered little around the ground and allowed Kruz to get 5-6 clearances.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:18 pm

On a more positive note both White and Howe played bloody well. Howe in particular showed me he's a much better defender than forward. His help Defense is the best I have seen from any of our current crop down back and compliment Reid well.
Mattys0803 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:56 pm

There has not been a whole lot to like in watching us play this year but the injury list has to at least be given some consideration.

Taylor Adams
Jamie Elliott
Corey Gault
Tyson Goldsack
Tom Langdon
Jackson Ramsay
Matt Scharenberg*
Ben Sinclair
Dane Swan*
Travis Varcoe
Marley Williams
Jarrod Witts
+ I'll add Travis Cloke

There is 13 players on that list and I would say that 10-11 of them could be considered in our best 25 that were not able to go last week. I'm not sure any club has the sort of depth to cover that.
I would love to think that we could at least look like we had a game plan even with all of those outs but I at least have some sympathy for the coaching staff when that is the case.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Mattys0803 wrote:
There has not been a whole lot to like in watching us play this year but the injury list has to at least be given some consideration.

Taylor Adams
Jamie Elliott
Corey Gault
Tyson Goldsack
Tom Langdon
Jackson Ramsay
Matt Scharenberg*
Ben Sinclair
Dane Swan*
Travis Varcoe
Marley Williams
Jarrod Witts
+ I'll add Travis Cloke

There is 13 players on that list and I would say that 10-11 of them could be considered in our best 25 that were not able to go last week. I'm not sure any club has the sort of depth to cover that.
I would love to think that we could at least look like we had a game plan even with all of those outs but I at least have some sympathy for the coaching staff when that is the case.

yes, we are literally crippled, plus we have at least 7 guys way outa form, all at once, we are far from a settled lineup. Sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:26 pm

First half who was on casboult every time he went for a Mark it looked like he had a smaller opponent on him
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
First half who was on casboult every time he went for a Mark it looked like he had a smaller opponent on him

Nathan Brown? Oh wait the ideal matchup wasn't playing. Surprised
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:35 pm

mattys123 wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:

Too true.... but wasn't he absolutely shocking the week before and never to be played at senior level ever again...

Certainly would have been handy, frees up Reid who plays best loose and doesn't necessarily have a great 1v1 game. Think Reid was often the opponent when Casboult got free and it was left to an Oxley or Maynard to try and cover for him.
roar 

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Frost was there, wasn't he? We had the cattle there, they just played terribly.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:36 pm

mattys123 wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:

Spot On and Shows yet another Terrible Selection from Selectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20   

Jump to: