Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

HuffPo is MAD hahahaha.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:32 pm

looks overqualified Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Why don't the Americans just save the money they will spend on the Presidential election by telling Trump he can have the gig if he can spell three of those four words correctly?
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:38 pm

With all his money surely Trump could afford either a decent haircut or hairpiece. I saw him on the TV yesterday and he was looking more & more like a clown.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
With all his money surely Trump could afford either a decent haircut or hairpiece. I saw him on the TV yesterday and he was looking more & more like a clown.

Reminds me that if something looks like a duck, walks like a duck.......... Razz Twisted Evil

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:56 pm

There exists some male who on the TV and I was looking more more like a clown.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:

I heard somewhere he had an experimental procedure done in the 90s that didn't end well. It does something with the follicles, stretching and twisting the scalp, so they grow the wrong way. Until he's ready to go the full bald and goatee evil dictator look I think he's stuck with what he's got.

Is also a bit of a trademark. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Did that have anything to do with the time he allegedly raped his wife? I remember reading that it was about a bad hair job that he blamed her for (which is such a Donald Trump thing to get upset about).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Lots of blokes have got upset about that....

Oh wait, you said bad HAIR job.

Ok, sorry, carry on.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:24 am

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/05/trumps-secret-weapon-ivanka/
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 am

David wrote:
Did that have anything to do with the time he allegedly raped his wife? I remember reading that it was about a bad hair job that he blamed her for (which is such a Donald Trump thing to get upset about).

Pretty disgusting you put this out there with out some follow up info. She later clarified the story by saying she felt emotionally violated after a rather aggressive sexual encounter with her then husband. We all know the game of whispers and how that pans out.

Your comments quite frankly are disrespectful not just to trump, but to genuine victims of rape.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm

"No they're not". That's a quote from someone that was raped (I won't mention all of her comments about not needing to be spoken for).
And after the insulting & disgusting drivel that's come out of Trump's mouth, who cares if it's disrespectful to him?!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:49 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

Pretty disgusting you put this out there with out some follow up info. She later clarified the story by saying she felt emotionally violated after a rather aggressive sexual encounter with her then husband. We all know the game of whispers and how that pans out.

Your comments quite frankly are disrespectful not just to trump, but to genuine victims of rape.

I don't usually like to get involved in what are frankly personal/legal matters and ought to have been dealt with by a court, and I don't think this should affect whether people vote for him or not, but for god's sake read between the lines. She just didn't want to press charges and probably didn't want the settlement jeopardised in any way.

Ivana Trump wrote:
On one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.

And who could forget his counsel's sterling defence?

Quote:
Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

I have always believed passionately that people in professional roles should be judged by their performance in those roles, not by their actions in their private lives (that is for the law to arbitrate on). But on the other side, I do hate it when rich and powerful people are treated as above suspicion for things that would land an ordinary member of the public in jail.

Of course we can't know for sure that Michael Jackson or Donald Trump or Woody Allen did what they were accused of, but what we do know is that people of their stature generally have the money and lawyers to get out of hot water when necessary, and that they have adoring legions of fans who will attack anyone who dares to question their absolute innocence. It's almost as if we find it hard to believe that a famous, admired person could be guilty of a horribly unethical act (and when we turn on them, like Rolf Harris, it's 100%, with his name and face pretty much being erased from view – there doesn't seem to be much middle ground here).

If you read that story about Trump and his wife without the names attached on the front page of a newspaper – "in a state of rage, the accused began to rip his wife's hair out, before jamming his penis inside her" – I don't think you'd be arguing that it wasn't rape, even if the victim swore on a Bible that it wasn't and that they were now good friends. The only question is whether the story is true or not, and frankly, given Ivana's statement, it seems plausible.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Funny you mention woody Allen, I remember you defending him when I accused him!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:23 am

It might be worthwhile to go back to that thread and read it again. My main argument was that we shouldn't conflate our judgement of artists/journalists/politicians/CEOs/etc. with the extra-curricular actions of individuals (a point I just reiterated above), and my secondary argument was that there is reasonable doubt over Allen's guilt. But it's a hard argument to make when the alleged victim comes straight out and says that he did it. Basically I think we have to accept that there's a very narrow grey line to navigate in these cases between presumption of the defendant's innocence and presumption that the plaintiff isn't a liar (the alternative of which would be a no less prejudicial view).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 63 of 148   

Jump to: