Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GWS raid.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:45 pm
Post subject: GWS raid.Reply with quote

Well I doubt they'll be a raid, but there seems to be a bit of tension between our clubs lately.

Has the Treloar deal soured our relationship with them? Does it matter? It kid of feels similar to our relationship with Lions and Swans over the years.

Quote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-05/pies-set-to-play-predator-on-giant-talent-balme

COLLINGWOOD will look closely at Greater Western Sydney's list this year in anticipation that more quality players will need to be offloaded to accommodate the Giants' new Academy crop.

GWS have turned the corner and could seriously look to contend for a top 8 spot possibly this year and certainly in the next few years. They looked a bit shaky last year and it felt like the Suns were going to be in this position. But to GWS credit, they've done really well to get the wheels rolling. The Suns on the other hand feel a bit stale.

They've managed to sign most of there stars, with the exception of Treloar. Cameron, Coniglio, Shiel, Whitfield have all put pen to paper. So I doubt you'll be seeing any established players leaving Olympic Park.

So which players would actually want to leave what could be a very exciting time for this young club?

Tom Downie, a 201 cm 23 year old ruckman, is not getting games for whatever reason? Is he injured? Is he good enough to be a #1 or even a #2. Is he a better option for them than Witts?

Adam Kennedy flys under the radar. The 182 cm defensive midfielder, who is Victorian, barely gets a mention. Also 23 y/o. Worth keeping an eye on?

James Stewart we all know about. The #9 might be available for Collingwood at seasons end. But he's hardly set the world on fire.

Jonathon Patton is another interesting case. 22, but a duel knee reco player. Still has time to turn things around, but he needs to do more. Cameron has certainly taken away Pattons spotlight. I think a trade could be done rather cheaply.

Cameron McCarthy is a certainty to return to Perth. Am I being too harsh or is he soft? Surly he could put the hard work in at GWS for one more season? This move could stop any chance other clubs have to secure any other GWS players. And they already have a great collection of early draft picks going into the coming draft.

Should we look at any GWS players, or should we hit the draft with what we have and skip the trade table?

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting points, Pressed Knee.

Re. J Patton. What's the track record (ongoing success rate) for KNEE recoed players ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Patton is definitely worth a look and I'd also look at Rory Lobb as well.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Patton kicked 6 today. I'd doubt GWS or Patton himself would want a move. They could finish in the top four and already have some great picks. I think they'll be tough to deal with.

Fells like we won't be getting any players that'd be in the best 22.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: