Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gun laws in USA??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Some epic trolling here:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/26/republican-national-convention-gun-ban-petition

And really, on what grounds can they possibly say no, given their own arguments? Hypocrites.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/30/report-guns-at-rnc-petition-created-by-liberal-democrat-trolling-gop/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

I suspected trolling too, waited until I saw evidence to say so. The fact the petition was on change.org was a huge red flag that this wasn't legit.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:39 am

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2016/04/06/group-calls-dems-practice-preach-disarm-guards-convention/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Heh, payback gun control trolling. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:37 am

Not quite as good, though, because I don't know of any mainstream Democrats who think that security guards and police officers shouldn't have guns, so it's kind of a straw man. And also, the other guys thought of this first (and no Republican gun rights supporter that I'm aware of has given a good answer as to why people shouldn't be able to bring their guns to the convention, apart from a shrug of "ah well, the secret service won't let us, so what can you do?).
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

That's the point David, these people bang on about taking firearms away from law abiding gun owners, depriving them of the ability to protect themselves while surrounding themselves with armed bodyguards.

Can the single mother living in the projects afford a bodyguard to protect herself? Does a family whose home is being broken into at night while their home have someone to respond within seconds to the threat or do they call the police to come and identify their bodies?

If 'calling the police' is enough, then let these people who would disarm the population deal with having the same level of protection.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Having read Wokko's latest post, are we still all in support of universal male suffrage? I'm on the point of reconsidering.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/kids/elevenyearold-boy-makes-home-invader-cry-like-a-baby/news-story/1b6262822090a184a1777fd4159bc278
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Wokko wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/kids/elevenyearold-boy-makes-home-invader-cry-like-a-baby/news-story/1b6262822090a184a1777fd4159bc278

Quote:
Gaither grabbed a knife and went to investigate, but when the intruder saw the blade he pulled a gun.
“He was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” the boy told the station.
Unfazed, Gaither grabbed a nearby .9mm handgun, and threatening to kill the man if he didn’t scram.

Just happened to have a loaded 9mm handgun laying around for an 11 year old to pick up? WTF?

Shit, I grew up with loaded guns in the house but I would've had to go fetch one from dads bedroom.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Just happened to have a loaded 9mm handgun laying around for an 11 year old to pick up? WTF?

Shit, I grew up with loaded guns in the house but I would've had to go fetch one from dads bedroom.

Quote:
Alabama
Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 pm

^

LOL, no, Tocumwal.

There was a loaded and cocked M1 Carbine leaning in the corner on Dads side of the bed and a loaded shotgun behind the bedroom door Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Was about to ask if you still had the M1, because that's awesome then realized if you do then you can't tell me anyway. Damn Howard taking heirloom pieces from law abiding firearms owners.

Lots of boating accidents around that time though. Shame.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Wokko wrote:

The gun lobby seems to love these stories most of all, forgetting that the whole idea of little kids (who, as Dylan Moran put it so beautifully, are about on par intellectually with very drunk adults) wielding loaded guns is batshit insane.

So, one ten-year-old foils a home invasion (ensuring that one less TV ends up on the black market), another two shoot their siblings in the head after an argument and another half a dozen accidentally kill themselves. Kids and guns: great combination.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 pm

Wokko wrote:
Was about to ask if you still had the M1, because that's awesome then realized if you do then you can't tell me anyway. Damn Howard taking heirloom pieces from law abiding firearms owners.

Lots of boating accidents around that time though. Shame.

Don't have it, handed it in 10 years ago. Genuine WWII model Dad got off a US serviceman based at Toc during the war. Crying or Very sad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:54 pm

ok well that shocks me!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-14/gun-culture-alive-and-well-in-australia-expert-says/7509286

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:56 pm

think positive wrote:
ok well that shocks me!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-14/gun-culture-alive-and-well-in-australia-expert-says/7509286

The moment the article quotes someone saying the Adler shotgun is rapid firing is the moment you know they have no $£$%^%%$ clue.

3D Printing is going to make gun laws obsolete anyway, within 20 years people will be printing almost anything they want, including weapons.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 pm

^

I missed that bit. I can live with it being called a rapid fire weapon but not being compared to a semi auto which some other clueless tool have done.

Overall the article wasn't bad and reasonably accurate. Nothing surprising to me there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 5 of 48   

Jump to: