Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Entertainment Companies are Idiots

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:33 pm
Post subject: Entertainment Companies are IdiotsReply with quote

Just watch this Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYWNtkls2Jw

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop trying to justify your theft by providing a link to some obnoxious yank.

You steal Dave, but you're not the only one and while it continues to happen, the people who own the rights to what you are stealing will want to stop it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

And as long as the people who own the rights keep treating Australians like second-class consumers, people will go on 'stealing'.

http://m.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/why-i-refuse-to-feel-sorry-for-pirating-game-of-thrones-20160428-gohqzi.html

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:12 pm

that article is bullshit.

you can watch GOT in HD. The thief just decided that the price was too high and stole it. I guess I can apply the same logic when I want a new Macbook. It's more expensive here than in the US, so I guess it makes it OK to steal it.

Foxtel
Once again Game of Thrones is a Foxtel exclusive in Australia. The Season 5 premiere is screening at 11.00am, running in simulcast with HBO's 9pm Sunday night screening on the US east coast. Of course we can't all drop everything at Monday lunchtime just to watch our favourite TV show, so if you'll be watching on delay you might want to declare a social media blackout this afternoon until you can get home and watch your scheduled recording or Foxtel's 7.30pm encore screening.
The full Foxtel home service is expensive — at least $540 (plus $200 equipment and installation) on a 12-month plan if you want SD HBO content, or $660 for HD — but thankfully there is an option for Australians who want to watch Game of Thrones week-by-week without the full subscription.
You can watch the show as part of the Foxtel Play streaming service for $30 per month — paying only $5 for the Premiere Movies and Drama package on top of the $25 basic package. You can watch new episodes live via the linear channel streams on Monday mornings, plus they'll be added to Foxtel Play's Catch Up library on Monday afternoons.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:38 pm

The problem that a lot of 'thieves' have is that they think Foxtel's service is woeful and overpriced, and I'm inclined to agree with them. I get what you're saying, but there's two sides to this story: one is that people simply don't want to pay the market rate for something they can get free (which, I agree, is at least somewhat self-serving); the other is that consumers here are being screwed over by a monopoly. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the businesses involved here tbh.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:26 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Stop trying to justify your theft by providing a link to some obnoxious yank.

You steal Dave, but you're not the only one and while it continues to happen, the people who own the rights to what you are stealing will want to stop it.

as David Says. We get Treated like Shit by Overseas Companies and by Foxtel. You have so many Channels with so Much Shit on it. Some People don't have fast enough Internet to Stream

Do you see the Massive Difference between the US NetFilix and the Australians one?

Who said I steal stuff?

What about people who download stuff that is on Free to Air TV?

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:45 am

Dave The Man wrote:
What about people who download stuff that is on Free to Air TV?

They're pretty much the same as others, Free-To-Air just 'fasttracked' shows to get their ratings back since everyone was downloading and not watching their networks.

I downloaded American Horror Story because I didn't want to wait to watch it, alas the season isn't yet on DVD but will buy it once it is. I bought Season 4 recently after downloading it.

While I guess it's still theft and all, I still buy the movies I download, I suppose i justify this by suggesting if the movie is good enough I'll buy it on DVD or bluray if not I won't bother.

Foxtel is pretty pricey, and annoying with the addition of the adds, and the many many repeats of shows that have been shown way too many times and the lack of new episodes of these shows. I guess if I was really bothered I could cut my package down to just the sports ones, but I do like the other channels like CI and such.

I liked the addition of beIN Sports though....hate the fact they've lost the EPL though, but that's not really a pirate thing, though I guess illegal streaming counts. Not that I've done much of that, last time I streamed was when Newcastle/Aston Villa was not on live that was about 3 years ago.

I don't think pirates are ever going away though, they will find a way, I think both parties have their own wrong doing in the pirating. Overpricing products a lot of the time leads to pirating, while some pirate because they don't want to pay at all.

I am usually in the camp of not being able to afford to pay full price for something when it first comes out so I download until it's cheaper and then buy it. There are the rare times I do not buy the product and just download it, but that's because it's usually never on DVD.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:49 am

How much did Season 4 after downloading it cost?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:16 am

Quote:
I am usually in the camp of not being able to afford to pay full price for something when it first comes out so I download until it's cheaper and then buy it. There are the rare times I do not buy the product and just download it, but that's because it's usually never on DVD.

Movies when they come 1st our are Way OverPriced and come down by about Half Inside a Few Months

Quote:
Foxtel is pretty pricey, and annoying with the addition of the adds, and the many many repeats of shows that have been shown way too many times and the lack of new episodes of these shows. I guess if I was really bothered I could cut my package down to just the sports ones, but I do like the other channels like CI and such.

Agree - Foxtel is way overpriced and most stuff is Replay of a Replay of a Replay of a Replay of a Replay of a Replay of a Replay

You have so many Channels and you can have so Much Crap on it

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:44 am

For example they have done The Simpsons to death on Fox8, same episodes over and over again. Then there are shows like NCIS, CSI that have had the same few episodes repeated and the same seasons shown over and over again.

Grows a bit frustrating, surely by now they're able to debut some new seasons of all these shows now that they have been shown on FTA and all.

Very overpriced, I'd pay 14 dollars for a new movie, in some cases they're close to if not more than 30 dollars. Same as going to a movie these days it's not that cheap, which is sad as going to the cinema was always something I liked to do.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: