Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 3 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
melliot wrote:
Regarding Cloke. I don't know how you could judge anything on today. Hardly a game for him to get an opportunity to get some form. Playing the Bombers in AFL, would have been better.

I guess another stinking decesion in the end. Everything is just rank. Like a rotting road kill. Nothing is getting better. Only worse.

Yeah, couldn't get a read on Cloke from that. He looked lively in the first quarter and he didn't seem as hunched up when he was having his set shots. But after that it rarely down there and when it did it didn't go in with any precision.

based on what i saw, i am fairly confident we'll be seeing poor trav at cranmer street next saturday. forget about the delivery to him and the fact he looked like a christmas tree on more than one occasion. non factors.

So if the ball isn't getting down there & it is not being delivered how does a leading forward get the ball especially when he was double teamed a lot of the time. This is not to say there are not other factors at play. Even Eddie said on radio this morning even Gordon Coventry would not have done well on Saturday.

Without knowing details I presume that the following factors are involved:

* being dropped
* feedback through leading teams ie direct feedback from team mates
* the youtube video saga over the off season
* ? the effects of the hair testing
* the amount of pressure he places on himself

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:55 pm

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
melliot wrote:
Regarding Cloke. I don't know how you could judge anything on today. Hardly a game for him to get an opportunity to get some form. Playing the Bombers in AFL, would have been better.

I guess another stinking decesion in the end. Everything is just rank. Like a rotting road kill. Nothing is getting better. Only worse.

Yeah, couldn't get a read on Cloke from that. He looked lively in the first quarter and he didn't seem as hunched up when he was having his set shots. But after that it rarely down there and when it did it didn't go in with any precision.

based on what i saw, i am fairly confident we'll be seeing poor trav at cranmer street next saturday. forget about the delivery to him and the fact he looked like a christmas tree on more than one occasion. non factors.

So if the ball isn't getting down there & it is not being delivered how does a leading forward get the ball especially when he was double teamed a lot of the time. This is not to say there are not other factors at play. Even Eddie said on radio this morning even Gordon Coventry would not have done well on Saturday.

* being dropped

yes, i can see the issue. the game was on sunday so being at the ground on saturday would have presented additional challenges.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:57 pm

He needs to get back to flopping out his cock on social media.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
He needs to get back to flopping out his cock on social media.

Don't mind if I do!!!!

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:20 am

My reviews, which are decidedly more coarse this week. Love them, hate them, endorse them, destroy them. Maybe not all at once, though...

http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2230

Last edited by MagpieBat on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:24 am

"Worse decision-making than Tony Armstrong". So, how far is Tim from his senior debut, would you say?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm

^ The rate we keep losing blokes, he might break through in the next couple of weeks...
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
melliot wrote:

* being dropped

Eddie does know that Gordon is dead, right?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Big T wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
melliot wrote:

* being dropped

Eddie does know that Gordon is dead, right?

Not sure but Bucks has sent Cloke to Coventry.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:00 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
My reviews, which are decidedly more coarse this week. Love them, hate them, endorse them, destroy them. Maybe not all at once, though...

http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2230

Is the Sheriff really that quick? Shocked

He certainly looks nimble for a big bloke but I would have thought marsh or Varcoe would have him cooked for leg speed.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:55 am

You mean Wyatt?

From what I've seen he is. Could hold his own in a footrace with Marshy and Trav, at the very least. But then again, those guys would wreck their hamstrings in a footrace anyway...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dangles wrote:
melliot wrote:

* being dropped

yes, i can see the issue. the game was on sunday so being at the ground on saturday would have presented additional challenges.

The ball wouldn't have got to him at all on the Saturday.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:49 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
You mean Wyatt?

From what I've seen he is. Could hold his own in a footrace with Marshy and Trav, at the very least. But then again, those guys would wreck their hamstrings in a footrace anyway...

OK, in that case stop training him as a forward/ruck, put the boy on the wing. Are you allowed to play a 200cm wing?

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:22 am

^ If you want.

Worked (kinda) for Shae McNamara...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: