Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Encounters with Pie greats

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:39 am
Post subject: Encounters with Pie greatsReply with quote

Was at the Tunnel one night with a mate of mine and we ended up ruling the pool table, Nek minnit Bucks and Willow throw their $1 into the ring, I was awestruck, couldn't believe it, my wing man was an ex Fitzroy man, we knew who they were but we didn't let on, long story short we won the day, Bucks broke off a convo to come and shake our hands and say well done, TBH I don't remember if Willow did or not, Bucks was all I remembered.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Taz and Brodie Holland shouted me bourbons at Topolinos in 2001 great blokes and very funny lads.

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:48 am

Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 pm

1991 Melba's night club Gold Coast
Daicos had kicked 13-1 (by memory)
Was standing at the end of the bar with the manager Mark Potts when Daicos Kelly Shaw & Gaffyer walked in
As was customary in those days the manager would offer high profile sporting people complimentary drinks
Craig Kelly wandered over with Tony Shaw and said thanks for the drinks to me by mistake as I was standing next to the manager
I said your welcome any time boys and congrats on last season
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 pm

As a family we emigrated from the UK late in 1976. In 1977 my parents were completing some forms at a government department in Melbourne, and when leaving the building with their two sons got stuck in a lift for 20 odd minutes. There was a man in there who was very kind to them, and wished them all the best in Australia, and for the family (he started the conversation by asking whether the boys were going to play football). A few days later my parents saw Tommy Hafey on TV and recognised him from the lift. By the time he was wrongly sacked (i remember signing a petition in Swanston Street that day) to have him re-instated, I had become hooked. There are few genuine leaders in life. Tom Haffey was one of them. That image of him bounding down from the coaches box at Victoria Park at quater time (with the tshirt on) was very cool.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:57 pm

The infamous sports bar on king street. 1996? 1997? It was the year we recruited big Anthony Rocca to come and play from Sydney to join his brother.

I cant remember the circumstances of how I we ended up in the situation but we were facing off against each other on a mini golf mat trying to sink putts in order to win a 50 dollar drink card. Had a good chat during and after and I'm proud to say I drank my lions share that night.....sorry ant...probably was in your best interest anyway!

Otherwise I am quite good friends (harking back to my high school days and junior footy) with a current assistant coach.....wrong club though! If only he would come to the pies....I could get all the juicy stuff.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:55 pm

Think it was 2002? The night the Pies beat the Lions at the then Colonial stadium by 3 points. Still to this day the loudest game I've been too! Peter McKenna was on the tram surrounded by Collingwood faithful and all referring to him as Mr McKenna. I was in disbelief.
Also bumped into Tooves in the mcdonalds toilets at Torquay a couple years ago. Bit awkward to start a convo though!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
Think it was 2002? The night the Pies beat the Lions at the then Colonial stadium by 3 points. Still to this day the loudest game I've been too! Peter McKenna was on the tram surrounded by Collingwood faithful and all referring to him as Mr McKenna. I was in disbelief.
Also bumped into Tooves in the mcdonalds toilets at Torquay a couple years ago. Bit awkward to start a convo though!

Well McKenna was a school teacher so I see that occurring.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:27 pm
Post subject: Re: Encounters with Pie greatsReply with quote

Bob Sugar wrote:
Was at the Tunnel one night with a mate of mine and we ended up ruling the pool table, Nek minnit Bucks and Willow throw their $1 into the ring, I was awestruck, couldn't believe it, my wing man was an ex Fitzroy man, we knew who they were but we didn't let on, long story short we won the day, Bucks broke off a convo to come and shake our hands and say well done, TBH I don't remember if Willow did or not, Bucks was all I remembered.

Did you find the balls to tell him he can't coach?? Did you tell him he's taken us backwards?? Or are you only brave enough to say it here where Bucks has no right of reply ,especially to your anonymity?? Confused
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:31 pm

mudlark wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Did you find the balls to tell him he can't coach?? Did you tell him he's taken us backwards?? Or are you only brave enough to say it here where Bucks has no right of reply ,especially to your anonymity?? Confused

No he just said " NO Shooting Backwards".

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 pm

mudlark wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

lol. the tunnel days are well behind all of us.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:13 pm

John Wren wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

I bumped into Scott Wynd at the big T one night, I said Gday and he told me to **** off.

You like this.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

I bumped into Scott Wynd at the big T one night, I said Gday and he told me to **** off.

He probably thought you were hitting on him?

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
John Wren wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

He probably thought you were hitting on him?

I had tunnel fluff under each arm, so nah.

I used to do quite a bit of damage at the tunnel, that carpet didn't get sticky on its own Twisted Evil

You like this.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:09 pm

not a magpie great by any means, but I am sure a Nickster was headbutted by Heath Scotland and posted it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: