Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Some balance on Bucks please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
What would Bucks know about winning Grand Finals anyway?

What would Clarkson know about winning flags as a player anyway?? Rolling Eyes

Not much I guess. But one thing is for sure - he knows a lot more about coaching flags then Bucks does - 100%'er
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:06 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Not much I guess. But one thing is for sure - he knows a lot more about coaching flags then Bucks does - 100%'er

You'd hope so. After all, he's been coaching for 7 years longer than Bucks. Rolling Eyes
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

You'd hope so. After all, he's been coaching for 7 years longer than Bucks. Rolling Eyes

Bucks wins 4 flags in the next 7 years you can't be serious Laughing I mean he'd honestly have better odds at winning us a spoon over a cup (and I'm serious) Rolling Eyes
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:34 am

Bucks wins 4 flags in the next 7 years you can't be serious Laughing I mean he'd honestly have better odds at winning us a spoon over a cup (and I'm serious) Rolling Eyes

The odd thing? You'd be happier with the spoon.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 am

Redlight wrote:

The odd thing? You'd be happier with the spoon.

Not much of a comeback, wooden spoon indeed - 4 flags 7 years - I'd call that nigh on impossible... let alone even winning 1 flag in the next 7 years, which also seems highly unlikely... as opposed to said wooden spoon.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 am
Post subject: Re: Some balance on Bucks pleaseReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I'm not here to argue for or against Bucks. People seem to have pretty firm opinions one way or the other.

Maybe people don't like his game-plan, or lack of one. Maybe some don't think he does enough to motivate players. Maybe some think he is too rigid and not flexible enough to cope with individuals like Lumumba, Heater etc. I don't share those opinions, but they are all valid arguments nonetheless.

However, no-one can tell me that the players are off-side with Bucks. Today showed the players are at one with each other and the coach. No doubt Bucks' position as coach will continue to come under further scrutiny as the season progresses, but let not anyone post any bullshit to the effect that Bucks has lost the players. That's just total bullshit. Nuff said.

Rudey, why do you think bucks didn't accept the trophy even though the announcer called on him?

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:36 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Remember the pressure Clarkson was under in the years following the Hawks flag of 2008. 2009 and 2010 were such a disaster that they were calling for his head. Chat sites were littered with stories of how he had taken a great list and flushed it down the toilet. Hawthorn were a laughing stock. Oddly, now he is considered in the discussion of GOAT.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:54 am

Great players make great coaches. To me, Hine's role is more valuable than Buckley.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:27 am

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
OK, I'm not here to argue for or against Bucks. People seem to have pretty firm opinions one way or the other.

Maybe people don't like his game-plan, or lack of one. Maybe some don't think he does enough to motivate players. Maybe some think he is too rigid and not flexible enough to cope with individuals like Lumumba, Heater etc. I don't share those opinions, but they are all valid arguments nonetheless.

However, no-one can tell me that the players are off-side with Bucks. Today showed the players are at one with each other and the coach. No doubt Bucks' position as coach will continue to come under further scrutiny as the season progresses, but let not anyone post any bullshit to the effect that Bucks has lost the players. That's just total bullshit. Nuff said.

Rudey, why do you think bucks didn't accept the trophy even though the announcer called on him?

I left the ground as soon as the final siren sounded, so I missed it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:51 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Allowing the players to enjoy the moment?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 pm

jackcass wrote:

Because I always think that humility is a sign of greatness??? Idea

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

possibly, i did initially think that when i saw he was no where to be seen. may have also been delayed by conversations in the coaches' box. who knows? only bucks would know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: