Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

slangman wrote:
I'm sure the club have been selling us the development line for the last couple of years.
How many more development years do we need before we catch up to everyone else?

You can't develop passion for the game - it is an innate quality - you either have it or you don't - cannot develop and structure 'half heartedness'.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:54 am

Varcoe with about negative 3 ranking points for the game is a bit of a surprise.

Mr Darcy was next lowest with about +6.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:57 am

That was the first time this season that the selectors have gone with close to the most experienced available team (similar to how teams were selected in the first half of 2015). Only Macaffer and Frost were overlooked based on that.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

After watching his presser, one thing that gets to me is how Buckley just puts the loss down to two things
1) we tuned off 40 minutes
This is true in that we played worse during that period than we did for the rest of the game, but seriously where we that polished or skilled during the other parts ?

2) The effort was there except for the stated 40 minute period.
Effort is one thing and that will get you so far, but only if you have the required level of skill and decision making. The great quote that "man cannot put in which God left out". He whole mantra seems to be working hardier for longer. that is why such flawed players like Blair Sinclair White, Toovey, Goldsack Frost Williams etc are kept on the list and keep getting a game because they really put in the effort, but the base line is while every side has a few of these types - you don't win flags with half a side of these types.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:00 pm

kickit2me wrote:
Jezza wrote:
2). Last year's match against North Melbourne in round 9 is the most notable example of our determination and perseverance to hang in there when all hope seemed lost at one stage.

Prior to that match we were sitting 5th on the ladder with a 5-3 record, hardly backs to the wall....A great fightback no doubt, but not a 'backs to the wall' match.

I see what you're saying now.

I guess the most notable example of a 'backs to the wall' victory under Nathan Buckley was beating Sydney in round 2 at ANZ Stadium after so much criticism and doubt was directed toward us after a deplorable opening round performance against Fremantle when we lost to them by 70 points.

kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Sadly they've been few and far between under Bucks, Jezza.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
What's up with Taylor Adams? He's meant to be our contested ball winning freak and one of our top clearance winners.

But how come only 4 of his possessions were contested? And why only 2 clearances? Even worse, he had only 7 handballs but 22 kicks. Extremely odd. Greenwood and Pendlebury both had 14 CP, De Goey 10 and Treloar 6.

Like just about everyone here, I have been concerned with Adams and the rest of our midfield re clearances/contested possessions. To me, it looks part effort, but also part structure (e.g. everyone swarming around the ball like u/10's footy, and having no one to dish it out to).

However, I was watching the Adelaide vs Sydney game on the weekend, and comparitively, our midfielders look small and too easily pushed off the ball/brushed aside. The work around the clearances was just at another level compared to our game against Melbourne. I can't explain why, as they never appeared that way last season. It could potentially be a lack of confidence showing through in the way they play.

Re Adams in particular, I'd suggest he's copping the hard tag at the clearances that may be have been reserved for Swan previously. He definitely did in the Saints game, and at times on the weekend. If so, he needs to learn to deal with this, or someone else needs to take advantage of having less attention on them.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm
Post subject: Re: Stop itReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Please be loyal to Eddie as he is our life long leader

Or is he becoming our Jim Jones? Shocked

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:57 pm

kickit2me wrote:
Sadly they've been few and far between under Bucks, Jezza.

It's the only one that stands out for mine.

Maybe beating Carlton the second time in 2013 is another one because Port smashed us the week before but I don't think it's a prominent example though.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Well if you believe the rumors, that would explain Adams being off the boil. Definitely not playing with much authority but I'm sure he'll get his form back once everything blows over.
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:27 pm

leonmagic wrote:
Well if you believe the rumors, that would explain Adams being off the boil. Definitely not playing with much authority but I'm sure he'll get his form back once everything blows over.

For the uninformed, what are the rumors?

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:17 pm

I would replace Blair with my haemhorroid which is currently nasty and in hot form, and White with a giant turd my dog laid in the study last night.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 am

Ev5Magpies wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

That in a Meeting he Admitted he was 1 that was on the Gear over the Off-Season. Then Pendles and Brown wanted him out of the Leadership but Young Players Voted to keep him in the Leadership Group.

All Allegedly Though

Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:43 am

From sunshine and lollipops to the Club in disarray with a depressed supporter base.

And the saddest part about it blind freddy could see it coming a couple of years ago.
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:
leonmagic wrote:

That in a Meeting he Admitted he was 1 that was on the Gear over the Off-Season. Then Pendles and Brown wanted him out of the Leadership but Young Players Voted to keep him in the Leadership Group.

All Allegedly Though

Thanks DTM... Makes sense if true...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: