Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jacobs, Croad & Koops or No-one at all

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:37 pm
Post subject: Jacobs, Croad & Koops or No-one at allReply with quote

Well with Williams being a wanker over Stevens, just wondering what everyone thinks of the three named in the heading and what would we be prepared to give up to get them....would Freo be stupid enough to give Koops and Croad for pick 17 or pick 17 and a player maybe Roop a triumphant return to the Dockers??

And how about Essendon giving up pick 17 for Jacobs, he certainly looked handy enough...but is he of that Value...or if Scotland wants out then maybe a move in a straight swap scotland - Jacobs.....

OR.....maybe we need no one else at all.....2 grand final appearances in 2 years with the youngest list in the AFL....wonder what will happen when the kids mature......

labrooy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NP,

Of the three I would prefer Jacobs. Is he worth pick 17? I think so. The idea of a straight swap for Scotland is a good one too.

Koops is very skillful but easily knocked off the ball. I don't think he would fit in with the MM game plan but given the expressed interest maybe Mick can see something in him. I don't think his value is as high as Jacobs to the Maggies though as we have a lot of his type of player already.

The other one, Trent Croad, is a complete unknown quantity. On his form for Hawthorn a few years ago he would be a great asset, being our third tall in the forward line and a handy fill in down back. However over the past two years he has devalued quite a bit. I don't think we can afford to take the chance on such a high profile player who may well let us down, particularly if he really wants to go back to Hawthorn.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:49 pm

Gday Labrooy I agree about Croad..what I was saying was would it be a good swap getting both Croad & koops in a deal for either a player from our side or for pick 17....if McKernan is as Valuable as both Morrell & Teague then I Would suggest that pick 17 would be more than enough for Freo to let go of both Koops and Croad...I know they only have till 2pm tomorrow..but what if we did pick up both then ontraded Koops and Scotland over to Port for Stevens...or to Essendon for Jacobs...I think having abooster down back with Jacobs and a third tall down forward for us would be a great deal...if we missed out on stevens......wait and see..

Cheers

terrible_one Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:31 pm

I doubt Essendon would let Jacobs go, seeing that Mark Bolton is strongly rumoured to be going to Hawthorn in a 3-way deal and the Bombers will get pics #9 and #24
chalky 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:07 pm

I just hope that the recruiters have been keeping an eye on things going on around them, not putting all their eggs in one basket ie Stevens, on the off chance that Port have a complete brain freeze and don't trade.

If we don't get Stevens is there a back up plan. Who is the next priority target that will add to our strength? Will there be anyone of value left in the mix?

Do we care? Oh well, lucky pick 17. You never know your luck. lol!
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:19 pm

Give me Jacobs for pick #17 any day... does anyone rememeber the bath he gave our forward line on Anzac day this season?

he'd be very handy indeed.

Having said that, i dont think Essendon would be stupid enough to give us Jacobs for pick #17.... throw in Scotland however, and things may become very interesting indeed. Keeping in mind the Dons are short of decent midfielders.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:36 am

I believe pick #17 and Scotland for Jacobs would be a fair and equitable trade for the Pies and Dons camp.

Reasons you ask?
1. We have plenty of Scoots type, a midfielder who can find the ball.
and the Dons lack this at the moment.
2. We need a player like Jacobs who can be a strong presence forward, he only needs to be a bit more at his opponents body. And the Dons are overstocked with this type of player.

I say if this trade eventuates I for 1 would be mildly pleased.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: