Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 610, 611, 612 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
More underclass harassment today, with the usual tactic of leaning into our space and asking for 90 cents for a bus ticket. This time, two thugs, one leaning into my partner with an eye on her handbag. Yet again, I move to shield her and cop menacing eye contact. A few minutes later, a fearful, frail old bloke is bullied into conceding as they wander about isolating people, as I've witnessed several times now.

Oh, and not a hint of refugee or brownness about them.

Of course, I feel sorry for the poor buggers, but this complete abandonment of public space outside well-to-do suburbs, both in the UK and Ireland, is a disgrace.

Idea Instead of policing the streets, I say we privatise prisons and gate off more communities Rolling Eyes

Again I told you not to spend too much time in Dublin - grubs and thugs - it's a shite place always has been always will be! Surely you have been there long enough now to realise that a foreigner especially of colour would get pretty short shift!!!

Don't stress - I'm not judging Irish folk. The people I've met and chatted to have been awesome. The old blokes are my faves so far - very gentlemenly, and great sense of humour. They've really made my partner feel welcome, too. Oh, and she's been marveling at how handsome Irish blokes are Mad Rolling Eyes Smile

I'm only making an economic policy observation here; all that money before the GFC was clearly not invested for the good of the country. And the country seems to be in election mode now so these things are in the news, though I can't make up from down yet.

But, I can certainly see where the money hasn't been going. This neglect is not just a GFC effect, from what I can tell looking into it. It's a case of people with power not giving a shite. I went to suburbs yesterday that were so shite, I was disgusted not at the impoverished locals, but the effing cnuts who let those suburbs get like that. The lack of basic dignity given to the poor makes me sick.

The poverty is a more visible, extreme version of the UK. Or perhaps it's like the worst parts of the UK, but highly-visible and in the capital, which should be a showcase city.

Sadly, this makes sense given Ireland's economic policies were a more liberal, tax-haven version of UK policy.

I wanted to head to the local council and grab someone by the collar and say, "Do you really f^$%cking think this is good enough for your fellow citizens in the 21st century? You effing prideless, slimy motherf785ckers."

As I say, you'd be fuming. The only way people can put up with this shite in their city is to live in a narrow fantasy world, like rats who follow the same blinkered little trails daily, pretending the rest of the city has nothing to do with them. Ignorant fools!

Anyhow, it's time for me to let it go before it starts eating away at my sense of efficacy. Plenty of good things to focus on, of course. But I prefer to strategically put things out of mind, rather than not even know they exist.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:10 am

Morrigu wrote:
Twisted Evil and when you catch up with him - one for me please RR - gutless prick!!

Toying with a 7 iron or a 5 iron. Thats for the car. My mate who lives nearby has a puppy and is a very big Icelandic bikie and loves dogs. His wife said to him tonight "Not kill honey". Oscar said "he not going to be that lucky".

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:10 am

ronrat wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Twisted Evil and when you catch up with him - one for me please RR - gutless prick!!

Toying with a 7 iron or a 5 iron. Thats for the car. My mate who lives nearby has a puppy and is a very big Icelandic bikie and loves dogs. His wife said to him tonight "Not kill honey". Oscar said "he not going to be that lucky".

Make the douche pick up his dogs crap in his bare hands and take it home.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:30 am

Pissed off at myself, for thinking organising a 6 week trip through Europe on my own was a good idea (the organisation on my own, not the trip)! Twisted Evil OMG, the hassle! Hotels taking money out of my debit card when it was a 'pay at the hotel, not upfront' booking. Trying to figure out areas, closeness to stuff, the cost (omg, the cost!!! Shocked ). And don't even get me started on the trains. I've had to not think about it at all for the last couple days because I was getting too stressed!

Anyone done only train travel through Europe? Don't know whether it's best to book each train leg individually or just get a Eurorail pass. The pass seems more expensive, and you've still got to book seats for each leg, but maybe it's less hassle? I don't know why I didn't just go to an agent and say 'this is where we want to go, organise it'. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'd better enjoy it once I'm there after all this!
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:17 am

In 1987-88 my mum took me on a 6 month trip to the UK and Europe. We had Eurail and Britrail passes and they were fantastic; unlimited train travel anywhere in Europe. Probably cost a fortune these days.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:30 am

Hmmm, am leaning that way. For a 25 day pass (that isn't valid in England) it's about $1000 AUD each, plus $20 to book a seat on each leg. But then it can also be used for day trips, Paris - Belgium for instance, or Nice to Monte Carlo. Ohhh, decisions, decisions!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:46 am

We have the same issues when I was trying organise trip to Europe 6 years ago. Travelled to France, Spain, Switzerland and Italy.

Almost did my head in trying to work out the different train sites. Ended up going with a Eurail pass and getting it all booked though International Rail
http://www.internationalrail.com.au/

With 2 kids it was easier to having everything booked ahead, there are some journeys you don't need to book a seat but the more popular routes you do. On a couple of our trips we were in 1st class as it was not much more expensive and it was definitely an advantage when traveling to Rome over Easter and cattle class was overbooked.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:51 am

Excellent, thanks for that. I might make an appointment & go see them. It's really doing my head in trying to figure out what I need on my own, especially having an auto immune disease that's aggravated by stress!

Really appreciate it, fingers crossed they can do it all for me!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:06 pm

I love the planning! I can stay up all night! Had to force myself into bed at midnight last night, after two nights in a row of googling til nearly 2am!

Sound sensational, I'm planing that trip a couple of years down the track! I'll pick your brain then! Cheers, Jo xx

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks Jo, I'll let you know how it turns out.

It's funny, I'm an organiser and usually love to make plans & organise things myself, bit of a control freak, but this started off as fun, now it's just a chore, that I hate. And my body hates.

10 countries in 6 weeks is probably the issue! arghhh. When I get back to Paris (was there 20 years ago) I'll be in heaven, that's what's keeping me going!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:28 pm

I like being in control but I also know when to delegate. Planning a holiday is one of those times.

I just ring the agent and say I want to go here, here and here, these are the dates, these are the kind of places I want to stay, this is how I want to get around and here's the budget you have to work with. Organise me a holiday.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:01 pm

luvdids wrote:
Pissed off at myself, for thinking organising a 6 week trip through Europe on my own was a good idea (the organisation on my own, not the trip)! Twisted Evil OMG, the hassle! Hotels taking money out of my debit card when it was a 'pay at the hotel, not upfront' booking. Trying to figure out areas, closeness to stuff, the cost (omg, the cost!!! Shocked ). And don't even get me started on the trains. I've had to not think about it at all for the last couple days because I was getting too stressed!

Anyone done only train travel through Europe? Don't know whether it's best to book each train leg individually or just get a Eurorail pass. The pass seems more expensive, and you've still got to book seats for each leg, but maybe it's less hassle? I don't know why I didn't just go to an agent and say 'this is where we want to go, organise it'. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'd better enjoy it once I'm there after all this!

You will love it trains in Europe are cool! We've done a couple trips and always used got a Eurail pass never had any hassle. We only used it for long trips but as it is much cheaper to buy short distance fares than use the pass especially if you are intending to stay in your destination for more than a day.

And if you are then make sure you get the flexible travel days not the consecutive days otherwise you will waste a lot of travel days.

Don't know if you have seen this site but we have found it great help when planning our train travel in different continents. http://www.seat61.com

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Nooo, hadn't seen that. Seems the pass may not be the way to go. Will have a better look on Monday. Thanks for that, very helpful! Smile
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 pm

^ he keeps it really up to date too so it's worth bookmarking to check on whilst you are there - we have found train cancellations etc on his site long before they were announced by the train operators and been able to arrange alternatives rather than getting stuck at a railway station for hours and hours or days!

Oh and I'm not sure how much you have travelled on trains in Europe so I don't want this to sound smart arsey - but they have this quaint custom of splitting a train once it's been travelling for a while into 2 and the front half goes to say Venice and the back half goes to say Budapest - so always check you are in the right "half" for where you want to go - learnt this the hard way first I went Embarassed

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ he keeps it really up to date too so it's worth bookmarking to check on whilst you are there - we have found train cancellations etc on his site long before they were announced by the train operators and been able to arrange alternatives rather than getting stuck at a railway station for hours and hours or days!

Oh and I'm not sure how much you have travelled on trains in Europe so I don't want this to sound smart arsey - but they have this quaint custom of splitting a train once it's been travelling for a while into 2 and the front half goes to say Venice and the back half goes to say Budapest - so always check you are in the right "half" for where you want to go - learnt this the hard way first I went Embarassed

Whaaaat?? Shocked

Have never travelled by train in Europe (apart from little trips on the tube & metro, not country to country) so would never have occurred to me that I need to be on the "right half"!! OMG it's almost too funny to be true!
Definitely a good tip, thanks!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 610, 611, 612 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 611 of 719   

Jump to: