Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Double standard from A Current Affair over the DSP

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There Bashing Welfare again
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 am

Stop watching it Dave. Seriously.

There'll be another welfare story in a week, then a dodgy tradesman, then a 'sting' where they take a $20 part out of something & get quotes to repair it, which are of course ridiculously expensive, then back to welfare and on it goes.
Oh, and throw a couple "neighbours from hell" into the cycle. Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:42 am

Don't forget criminals in five star prisons and thinly disguised advertising for the channel's new reality show. Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:56 pm

luvdids wrote:
Stop watching it Dave. Seriously.

There'll be another welfare story in a week, then a dodgy tradesman, then a 'sting' where they take a $20 part out of something & get quotes to repair it, which are of course ridiculously expensive, then back to welfare and on it goes.
Oh, and throw a couple "neighbours from hell" into the cycle. Rolling Eyes

I don't watch that Crap. My Dad Watches it.

Agree CA seem to do the same things all the Time. You also forgot at least Weekly Segment on how good Aldi is

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I reckon Tracy Grimshaw get's turned on by Bashing Welfare :mad:mad:Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 am

It's more a ratings thing, they generally harp on about things that will bring the most viewers in. Most seem to have a negative outlook on those that get welfare and demonising them more for ratings seems the thing to do.

A nice story about how hard some are working to try to be working just doesn't have the same feel as "zomg this one guy is a massive welfare cheat!!" I've not really watched ACA in a long time, I think the very last time I actually paid attention to it was when I was on the West Coast and there wasn't anything else on.

If you can when ACA is on find something better to do, saves you from the show completely. Since it's repeated late at night and I was watching The Footy Show one night I got a brief viewing of ACA as I hadn't changed the channel, wouldn't view again any time soon.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:03 pm

At it again today.

Have there Weekly Story Bashing the Welfare and try and make it look like everyone is a Cheat who is on Welfare Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:15 am

Yeah I watched it Dave and thought of this thread, was busy or would have posted

Did you actually watch it?

Can you really complain about them exposing excuses from people who are claiming the dole for not turning down actual job offers such as "I can't accept the job, I don't want to work with food" the 55 year old who said she "only wants to work 3 HOURS a week!" There was also "I'm going on holiday soon" and "I don't want to work that hard" .

Cool don't take the jobs, but you should not get the dole either.

Last edited by think positive on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 am

How old are you? I don't understand why she wants to work 3 HOURS a week are claiming the dole for not accepting jobs such as he or she can't accept the job he or she don't want to work with food the 55 year old who said she.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 am

think positive wrote:
Yeah I watched it Dave and thought of this thread, was busy or would have posted

Can you really complain about them exposing excuses from people who are claiming the dole for not turning down actual job offers such as "I can't accept the job, I don't want to work with food" the 55 year old who said she "only wants to work 3 HOURS a week!" There was also "I'm going on holiday soon" and "I don't want to work that hard" .

I'm sure they gave a completely factual and balanced presentation of those individuals' circumstances, and a responsible analysis of the role that welfare plays in our society. Surely they did. Laughing Rolling Eyes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:36 am

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

I'm sure they gave a completely factual and balanced presentation of those individuals' circumstances, and a responsible analysis of the role that welfare plays in our society. Surely they did. Laughing Rolling Eyes

of course not but did you know you can apply for an exemption from having to even try to get a job? And then the questions about what have you done to try and find work just disappear. Take a trip to a welfare town, and have a look around, if you think dole bludgers are not a big problem, your kidding yourself. Far too many just can't be bothered. I have. A brother and sister in law who both work in that department in Wyndham, and those excuses really do come form people with no excuse, other than laziness or apathy.

Yes it's a shit show, but some of those excuses are pretty shit too!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:55 pm

I believe in any society there will be 2% of the population who don't and won't work in any manner and will do the barest minimum to survive. It's much better that the bare minimum is collecting a pittance on welfare than do burgs or mug people. The cost of welfare is far less than the cost of having miscreants roaming around trying to grift, rob or beg their subsistence level income.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Wokko wrote:
I believe in any society there will be 2% of the population who don't and won't work in any manner and will do the barest minimum to survive. It's much better that the bare minimum is collecting a pittance on welfare than do burgs or mug people. The cost of welfare is far less than the cost of having miscreants roaming around trying to grift, rob or beg their subsistence level income.

He, those pricks are double dipping!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:44 pm

ACA ran an "expose" on the sugar daddy/sugar baby stuff last night. That's where middle aged dudes with cash to burn hook up with young attractive women who want to be "kept" and in return for a weekly amount to pay rent and living expenses or gifts or other things will provide services varying from going on dinner dates at little notice and always being the nice dutiful girlfriend to doing to no holds barred horizontal lambada whenever asked.

I only know because someone at work happened to watch it and recognised one of the women who consented to be interviewed as a "Sugar babe"

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 pm

^ It's a weird dynamic and you can't help but wonder how either party maintains their self-respect throughout. I suppose if you look at it as a kind of prostitution it doesn't seem so bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: