Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Soothe aches & pains, mind & body:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:36 pm
Post subject: Soothe aches & pains, mind & body:Reply with quote

didnt seem to fit the pissed off thread,

i was googling a sports physio or something, as ive had a fairly sharp pain at the top of my hammy for a while and im doing this on Sunday:

https://rocrace.com.au/melbourne

and yeah, hoping for some relief before i get any other injuries!

stumbled on this site, which has a chart for contracting rather than stretching the sore part. i did all the ones for the hip/buttock as im not sure which muscle is causing the pain, then i did weights, squats, and 30 min on the cross trainer, on incline and with resistance 3. and i cant believe how good my, um, bum feels!! such a relief, and cheaper than a physio.

they have heaps of stuff on this page, including relaxation, stress release, etc,

http://sequencewiz.org/category/yoga-for-your-mind/

ive tried yoga before, found it too boring, i prefer pilates. the good thing about this site, is they acknowledge that some yoga/pilates moves can actually be, well, not so good for you. for instance, i can touch my knee with my forehead, but at 52 its probably time to let that go!!

anyhow, on occasion more than one poster has complained of back, hammy, mind pain, check it out, might help you.

cheers

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TP, I'll check it out.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Wokko wrote:
Thanks TP, I'll check it out.

my pleasure Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:58 pm

I went to an osteo the other day for the first time and thing it was better than any physio or remedial massage.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:49 pm

I ran just over 17k this morning... was a bit stiff..... mmmmm reefer Wink at 48, I've had 30 odd years of natural relief , never been to a physio, cardio or any other over qualified strummer. Thankyou Jesus, thankyou lord.

Boom!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I went to an osteo the other day for the first time and thing it was better than any physio or remedial massage.

Yeah I went to one a year or so ago, and I totally agree. They care more about the physics of how the muscles work, and exactly what you did to get that one complaining!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 am

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Yeah I went to one a year or so ago, and I totally agree. They care more about the physics of how the muscles work, and exactly what you did to get that one complaining!

Sounds like the myotherapist I'm now seeing. After years & years of back issues and seeing all the chirios, physios, quacks etc, this guy is the bomb!!

Told me it was actually muscular & that my core muscles had pretty much switched off. Now they're switched back on and I can actually move freely and stand for more than 5 minutes without being in excruciating pain. Do have to keep up my excercises, which are basically pilates type exercises but, oh, the relief!

Plus I can fix it myself now, if I'm lazy and haven't done any of them & back starts playing up I know I've only got myself to blame and get on the floor and sort it out.

Can't believe the $$$ I've wasted on chiropractors & other assorted quacks over the years.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah, chiropractors are shysters of the highest order. Can't believe that chiropractic has managed to gain so much social legitimacy when it's about as scientific as homeopathy or tarot card reading.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 am

Only went to a chiropractor once, the crunch stuff just put me right off!

Core work is key to so much. After a really bad fall off a horse I ended up with a squashed disc that still gives me grief now, and trying to escape that pain is a domino, something else gets pulled out of whack! It's good though, it keeps me doing crunches! And back exercises. And keeping your body supple especially through the middle, the advantage really is starting to show as I get older.

The floor stuff in the link above for hip problems and pain in the bum is really helping, three days in and the pain is now occasional, usually when I forget to protect it and sit cross legged or something.

I really should get onto the mind link, everyone's brain needs a rest and plating tablet games isn't really doing it! Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: