Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood's Relationship with Life NRG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:10 pm
Post subject: Collingwood's Relationship with Life NRGReply with quote

Is this worth questioning at or before the AGM?

On 1 February Samantha Lane wrote in the Age ( http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-recruit-christine-holgate-one-of-australias-leading-ceos-20160201-gmj0dy.html ):
Quote:
Ten female Collingwood employees have been hand-picked this year for a new leadership program the club is piloting. The program is being run by coaching business Life NRG where Pert's wife, Andi, who has worked with global giants including IBM, KPMG and ANZ, is director and a lead facilitator.

the story also included:
Quote:
…. workshops have been run at Collingwood to encourage staff – male and female – to share unfiltered views about how women are held back and what could change for the better.

Life NRG's website has the following information ( http://www.lifenrg.com.au/life-nrg/ ):
Quote:
Andi Pert created Life NRG in 2003 after a lengthy corporate career in consulting and leadership development.
Over the last decade, Life NRG has partnered with like-minded organisations such as Xplore for Success, Paint Group and Diversity Partners facilitating and coaching women.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is absolutely worth raising... it is ridiculous that the wife of the Collingwood CEO - Gary Pert - has been given a consulting and hiring role at the club.

Who is she accountable to? Gary Pert - Gary's staff...? Who was involved with her contract details and KPI's? surely not the Board - I would expect the Collingwood Board of Directors to be looking at bigger picture issues than the contract terms for an employee of the club! Although they should have been involved in the conflict of interest issues this example presents!

Note:- I will also add the workshops encouraging 'unfiltered views' seem a little filtered to me.

The people (both men and women) I see as being held back or treated unfairly are any other group or individual competing with Andi for a gig at Collingwood. This is not an even playing field. Seems CFC is now Gary's new play-thing. Does he have other family members in mind for other jobs at the Collingwood cash cow?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Yawn!

Good enough for some significant multi-national companies like IBM and KPMG but only getting the job at Collingwood because her husband pulled some strings, off course! Let's round up the lynch mob!
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:32 am

Did you stop to think that perhaps BECAUSE she is married to Gary Pert, we were able to get a super talented woman into our ranks who we might not otherwise have been able to attract?

Remember that a lot of people take roles at Collingwood at below their market value because its more than just a job......

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:20 am

Yes, this is what keeps me up at night. Nepotism at board level. zzzzzzzz
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 am

If Gary Pert's wife didn't have the talent, experience and expertise for the gig, I'm sure she wouldn't have got it.
The suggestion of nepotism shows a complete distrust and lack of faith in our Board and administration.
This distrust and lack of faith is inappropriate and undeserved.
People who feel that way should come to the AGM and ask questions. I'm sure that if they did that, they'd be satisfied.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 am

Does the board deserve my faith?

Benefit of the doubt - yes - faith - which is pretty much blind and irrational - no.

I am a loyal pie supporter and believe Eddie and Gary have done a great job over the term of their tenure, however that does not mean I just look the other way when some behaviour is a bit odd. Is the process for electing members to the Board of Directors transparent? Is the hiring of staff and consultants fair and accountable? These are fair questions that can be asked without insulting anyone.

These things don't keep me up at night but I like to ensure that my footy team is not the play thing of a few individuals who take advantage of the position they are privileged to be in.

SOme may zzzz there way through these discussions and issues of cronyism however I noted a quote that seems to fit… " apathy is the overrated protection of that rock you are hiding under"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: