Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood 2016 Preview, All Night Appetite - D. Parkin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So many people overlooking Ramsay.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
themonk wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
For those without the time to listen, their best 22:

B: Frost Brown Toovey
HB: Williams Reid Langdon
C: Sidebottom Treloar Greenwood
HF: Swan Cloke Varcoe
F: Elliott Moore Howe

R: Grundy Pendlebury Adams

Int: Witts Aish Crisp DeGoey

No Ramsay, Sinclair, Blair, Broomhead, Fasolo, Goldsack, Oxley, Macaffer or White.

Or Marsh.

Or Maynard!!

This Maynard?

Rated by Champion Data as "below average" for intercept possessions per game, metres gained and kick rating; and rated "poor" for disposal efficiency.

(He did rate "elite" for pressure acts and tackles per game, but oddly that is not where he has received his accolades on this board.)

Anyway, the kid is a talent, but (my opinion) is he is not currently best 22 for a top 4-calibre team which is what we are capable of in 2016. He may well break in during the year.

I think ANA were justified leaving him out.

Marsh also received a "poor" kick rating from Champion Data and I've seen him cough up too many goals in VFL and AFL in 2015 to think he is ready just yet.

ANA have clearly given the benefit to some of the experienced guys who have proven themselves at the level which I think is reasonable until we see NAB Challenge performances or dominant VFL performances suggesting those blokes have been overtaken.

Don't recall making a case for Marsh's inclusion in the 22, just noted that he wasn't included in the "No...." portion of the initial post. If I was pushing his barrow, I'd agree that he's probably down the pecking order at this stage, but shows sufficient promise to merit being listed in any list of exclusions from the 22. Ditto Maynard.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:32 pm

jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
themonk wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
For those without the time to listen, their best 22:

B: Frost Brown Toovey
HB: Williams Reid Langdon
C: Sidebottom Treloar Greenwood
HF: Swan Cloke Varcoe
F: Elliott Moore Howe

R: Grundy Pendlebury Adams

Int: Witts Aish Crisp DeGoey

No Ramsay, Sinclair, Blair, Broomhead, Fasolo, Goldsack, Oxley, Macaffer or White.

Or Marsh.

Or Maynard!!

This Maynard?

Rated by Champion Data as "below average" for intercept possessions per game, metres gained and kick rating; and rated "poor" for disposal efficiency.

(He did rate "elite" for pressure acts and tackles per game, but oddly that is not where he has received his accolades on this board.)

Anyway, the kid is a talent, but (my opinion) is he is not currently best 22 for a top 4-calibre team which is what we are capable of in 2016. He may well break in during the year.

I think ANA were justified leaving him out.

Marsh also received a "poor" kick rating from Champion Data and I've seen him cough up too many goals in VFL and AFL in 2015 to think he is ready just yet.

ANA have clearly given the benefit to some of the experienced guys who have proven themselves at the level which I think is reasonable until we see NAB Challenge performances or dominant VFL performances suggesting those blokes have been overtaken.

Don't recall making a case for Marsh's inclusion in the 22, just noted that he wasn't included in the "No...." portion of the initial post. If I was pushing his barrow, I'd agree that he's probably down the pecking order at this stage, but shows sufficient promise to merit being listed in any list of exclusions from the 22. Ditto Maynard.

Sorry, I took the double exclamation marks to mean he was an obvious inclusion in the best 22 - certainly he has appeared in many "best 22"s on this board so some think so.

It will be interesting to see the unforced selection changes between round 1 and round 23.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Quite confident that Maynard and Marsh will make it. I can see it happening at the expense of Toovey and probably Frost, unless Reid or Brown break down again.

I haven't paid enough attention to Ramsay but there's a fair bit of love for him around the traps. Will take a closer look when he plays for us next
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Geek wrote:
Quite confident that Maynard and Marsh will make it. I can see it happening at the expense of Toovey and probably Frost, unless Reid or Brown break down again.

I haven't paid enough attention to Ramsay but there's a fair bit of love for him around the traps. Will take a closer look when he plays for us next

I'm very confident on Maynard, Marsh and Ramsay. Think they all show great potential and improvement with each senior appearance. Think Marsh and Maynard offer greater flexibility than pigeon holing them into defensive positions. It may be where their opportunities come but I'd certainly like to see them given a range of roles at VFL level.

Sadly for these guys and quite a few like them, we appear to have 10-12 certain senior inclusions, then a cluster of about 20 players (depending on personal peccadilloes) all vying for the remaining places with not too much between them. Pressure will be on to firstly get a senior berth, and secondly retain it through good solid form.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 am

Prediction: If he stays injury free, Ramsay will be our No.1 small defender by the end of the year.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:45 am

^^^^^

I really hope your right roar.
I don't think I've seen a tougher son of a bitch in black n white
this side of the century.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: