Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#36 Brayden Sier

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm assuming we knew it wouldn't be around with one of our later picks
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:44 am

perthmagpie wrote:
I'm going to take a guess and say drafting him is partially a response to us trading out of the first round of 2016. He is underage (turns 18 in 3 weeks) and only has the two games of exposed form in the TAC besides the school footy and a couple games against men at Banyule.

Perhaps Hine concluded that with an invite back to Northern Knights he will have more exposed form next year and shoot up the draft order and then be unavailable next year. A bit like the Bontempelli scenario. Effectively we may have our 2016 first rounder now instead.

with all Ive read I think this could be spot on

Nearly 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm guessing the thoughts were that all the proven star conventional mids and talls were gone by 32, so go someone with a point of difference (and at 17 and this size, this lad certainly is potentially a point of difference) rather than just take the next best conventional mid who would line up behind all the quality we have in that area already, or an average tall who probably wouldn't amount to anything.

In fact all out picks were like that.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:07 pm

We grabbed him at pick whatever and there's a lot to like from around the traps. He is a solid unit and not expected to play Seniors in 2016 at this stage. I would suggest the club felt he was the best available at the time of our pick. It's wait and see.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Culprit wrote:
We grabbed him at pick whatever and there's a lot to like from around the traps. He is a solid unit and not expected to play Seniors in 2016 at this stage. I would suggest the club felt he was the best available at the time of our pick. It's wait and see.

That some of your more in depth analysis there Culprit , were you summoning Terry Wallace at a solarium when you wrote this!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:56 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-11-25/the-extreme-power-of-brayden-sier
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:16 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:

That some of your more in depth analysis there Culprit , were you summoning Terry Wallace at a solarium when you wrote this!
lol I was going to write, "Let's not get excited about who we selected in the draft".
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:00 pm

91kg and not even 18 Shocked This looks an excellent pick at 32, instead of taking one of the mediocre players available we've gone for one with greater upside, definitely a Hine special.
cfc2009-10-11-12 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Got doubts that he is 190cm as listed. Standing next to Crocker and Phillips who are listed 185-ish it seems he is roughly the same height as them. Not that it matters to much still a good size.
Going by the highlights, he has that hunch back running style like Cotchin. Will be keeping a watchful eye on him in the VFL next season. Hoping for glimpses of what we see in the highlight packages.
Goodluck kid!

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Cam wrote:
I agree, looks like a SSB clone. Or dare I say it, Pants Redux.

Haven't seen the video, but respect your view Cam, that's a pretty big call. Sounds impressive, looking forward to seeing him play one day.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:49 pm
Post subject: SierReply with quote

What’s the latest on sier he’s an asset in the midfield great on baller[/b]
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:59 pm

He is now a back up in case of an injury to Wills.

Sier needs to get serious very quick smart about what he needs to do to make it as an AFL player. He could start with removing the nail polish he has on his fingers....seriously, WTF is that about? The kid has enormous talent, but deciding to play basketball under an assumed name, a couple of weeks out from the finals, when he was recovering from an injury, is evidence that playing senior footy is not the priority it needs to be in his life.

In the meantime, Wills has grabbed the bull by the horns and has made the bullocking midfield role his own.
Jpies 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Sier played in the VFL yesterday, but left the ground early with concussion. However, he didn't stand out prior to his injury. Stephenson and Daicos were the two most deserving of a call up on yesterday's performance.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:45 pm

The Player:

2015: Speculative pick number 32 despite only 2-3 TAC games
2016: zero games and lots of injuries
2017: zero games and lots of injuries
2018: 12 matches post the bye and an excellent Grand Final. Said he believed his pre-season Thailand MMA training paved the way for his success
2019: 6 games, lots of injuries

Off-Field:

2018: $5,000 suspended fine in March 2018 after gambling breaches on AFL matches in 2017.

2019: Basketball "Phil Inn" substitute despite being in recovery for a chronic calf injury. Yet to be selected since nor even named an emergency. Commits such a breach just as he was about to be handed a 2 year contract!

Conclusion:

"I've seen enough. TRADE HIM"

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He is now a back up in case of an injury to Wills.

Sier needs to get serious very quick smart about what he needs to do to make it as an AFL player. He could start with removing the nail polish he has on his fingers....seriously, WTF is that about? The kid has enormous talent, but deciding to play basketball under an assumed name, a couple of weeks out from the finals, when he was recovering from an injury, is evidence that playing senior footy is not the priority it needs to be in his life.

In the meantime, Wills has grabbed the bull by the horns and has made the bullocking midfield role his own.

This +1. Sier has to put his head down and bum up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15   

Jump to: