Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yes, it's all about their white robes. My mum used to make robes like that, and whenever i see someone in clean white robes, i go weak at the knees.

Indeed, we do not and cannot know. If we did, then we could run all this stuff through an algorithm and get the right answer. But given the oil economy is not going to end overnight or in the next ten years, and given the amount of mayhem that may be exported or cause misery to innocents in the ME in ten years, we have to make judgements about how our interests can best be protected, and act accordingly. I'd have thought that, post Iraq, our interests lie in stability and in the short-term destruction of Daesh and any successor bodies.

In that regard, if the driving force of the present violence against us seems to be the threat and explosiveness of Sunni grievance and disenfranchisement in Iraq and Syria, so it is probably not wise to attack (via sanctions or anything else) the preeminent Sunni power in the region right now. But it is a judgement, and Saudi Arabia must understand that our continued support is dependent upon them working with us to deescalate this situation in Iraq and Syria.

It may be tempting to seal the region off and hope it all gets resolved via a locals-only killing match followed by a settlement, but clearly recent months have shown that this is not the world we live in.

Last edited by Mugwump on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:19 am

Not sure if talking about choir boys or klu klux klan Shocked Confused
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:33 am

^ you need to read ptid's post aboveTP. Apparently I'm overly influenced by the fact the Saudis wear nice white robes. Go figure.

Not keen on choirboys, definitely not the Kkk but I am partial to the odd Druid on a cold evening.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ you need to read ptid's post aboveTP. Apparently I'm overly influenced by the fact the Saudis wear nice white robes. Go figure.

Not keen on choirboys, definitely not the Kkk but I am partial to the odd Druid on a cold evening.

Haha yeah I did, it wasn't a crack at anyone, just an observation!!!!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm

"Two Palestinian girls, aged 14 and 16, stabbed a Palestinian man in his 70s with a pair of scissors, thinking he was an Israeli Jew".

Source: Most news outlets

One is shot dead (the older) the other is shot & injured.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:34 pm

oops, i thought the first line was the start of a joke, thats awful, (sos my sense of humour) who shot them?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Israeli soldiers, presumably.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 am

David wrote:
Israeli soldiers, presumably.

So, soldiers shot people for taking out their, the soldiers, enemy?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 am

2015.11.24 Egypt al-Araish - 6 dead 12 injured
Two bombings at a hotel, one a suicide attack, leave six others dead.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/11/24/Car-bomb-explodes-near-hotel-in-northern-Sinai.html

2015.11.24 Tunisia Tunis 12 dead 16 injured
A dozen people on a bus are reduced to pulb by a Religion of Peace bomb blast.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/tunisia-bombing-bus-explodes-near-rcd-party-headquarters-a6747166.html

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:28 am

This is how to deal with 'em BAM! Smile

Speaking privately, three police officials told the Guardian that the encounter was deliberately staged to get rid of militants that Pakistans enfeebled judicial system would never have prosecuted.

This had to be done to maintain peace in the province, said a Lahore-based officer. No one would have given evidence against them because witnesses would be brutally targeted. You cant allow terrorists to carry on their attacks just because you dont have any proof against them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/26/pakistani-terrorist-killed-alleged-police-killing-haroon-bhatti

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Couldn't work out the most appropriate thread so just picked this one!

Saudi authorities appear set in the next few days to carry out a series of beheadings across the country of more than 50 men convicted of terrorism offences. Among those facing execution are three young men who were juveniles when they were arrested.

The publication earlier this week of an article in the newspaper Okaz, which has close links to the Saudi Ministry of the Interior, has convinced families of the accused and concerned human-rights organisations that the executions are imminent.

Sources have said that the plan is to behead the men in several cities across the kingdom, most likely after Friday prayers

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/saudi-arabia-executions-kingdom-to-behead-50-men-convicted-of-terrorism-offences-despite-threat-of-shia-revolt/ar-AAfIqyr?li=AAavLaF&OCID=HPCDHP

Confused Why do they seem to do bad things after Friday prayers?? Is it that they prayed for strength to do bad things?

Genuine question - anyone know?

And how the hell do they have a seat on the UN Humans Rights thingy Shocked

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:29 pm

2015.11.26 Bangladesh Horipur attack 1 Dead 3 wounded
Five terrorists enter a Shiite mosque and open fire on worshippers, killing a 70-year-old man.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a7b4875bebee4a778250b57067a93728/gunmen-attack-shiite-mosque-bangladesh-1-dead

2015.11.25 Niger Wogom 18 dead 11 wounded
Boko Haram members wade into a village, hacking and shooting eighteen residents to death.

http://news.yahoo.com/18-killed-boko-haram-attack-southeast-niger-134025219.html

2015.11.25 India Tanghdar 1 1 Jaish-e-Mohammad gunmen storm a camp and kill a civilian.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/firing-at-army-camp-in-jammu-and-kashmirs-tanghdhar-sector-1247318

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:12 am

Morrigu wrote:

Saudi authorities appear set in the next few days to carry out a series of beheadings across the country of more than 50 men convicted of terrorism offences. Among those facing execution are three young men who were juveniles when they were arrested.

The publication earlier this week of an article in the newspaper Okaz, which has close links to the Saudi Ministry of the Interior, has convinced families of the accused and concerned human-rights organisations that the executions are imminent.

Sources have said that the plan is to behead the men in several cities across the kingdom, most likely after Friday prayers

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/saudi-arabia-executions-kingdom-to-behead-50-men-convicted-of-terrorism-offences-despite-threat-of-shia-revolt/ar-AAfIqyr?li=AAavLaF&OCID=HPCDHP

Confused Why do they seem to do bad things after Friday prayers?? Is it that they prayed for strength to do bad things?

I dunno, there seem to be more than enough people here who are happy with the idea of terrorists being beheaded.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:00 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

I dunno, there seem to be more than enough people here who are happy with the idea of terrorists being beheaded.

Twice Twisted Evil

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:48 pm

2015.11.28 Mali Kidal 3 dead 20 wounded
Jihadis fire a rocket at a UN facility, killing three people.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34952987

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 22 of 105   

Jump to: