Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Poor TV viewing of the Draft.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Looks like it might have been only me but I didn't actually mind the telecast, warts and all. I was too interested in the draft inself to whinge, whine or worry about the qualilty of the broadcast. I enjoyed it.
The Collingwood special "For the Taking" directly afterwards was fabulous viewing too.

I liked the way they did the whole run down of the combine before the draft, and showed off a few highlights and discussed how they were tested and then how their results were. I didn't mind the format to a point, I thought the coaches walking up to the stage every time was stupid, and Gil walking off and back on stage every late pick was a bit silly.

I didn't honestly like the bidding process during the night, it got a bit annoying, but then it was confusing when they had the technical issues because no one seemed to know what was going on with Josh Dunkley, Beveridge went to welcome him to the Dogs and didn't finish that.

The coaches could have called out the names from the table like they've done in past seasons, or as it appeared in the system Gil could have read it at out the podium and it would have moved along a lot smoother.

I did however like the removal of the player numbers being read out, just having the name called out makes it easier, the new system with the computers and all seemed to be pretty good as well.

The rest of the coverage was fine I thought not much wrong with it, maybe they could have made it more obvious that a bid was being made on an academy player so people knew what was going on.

I actually IQ'd the Collingwood documentary ready to watch when I get a chance, that was good having it straight after though.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
Once Bolton say "Dandenong Stingrise." I knew we were in for a long night of stuff ups. Then the whole Josh Dunkley thing with the tech issues and stuff, was just amateur hour.

When Bolton couldn't pronounce "Stingrays" properly I knew there would be many issues throughout that night as well. I actually cracked up laughing when he mispronounced it.

It was very awkward when Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge was going to announce that the Dogs had selected Josh Dunkley and then he stopped himself from announcing because I think either the Swans were weighing up the idea of whether to match the bid of the Bulldogs or whether it was a computer glitch.

However, one way or another it was tedious and very amateurish from the AFL. I almost wish we revert back to the old system before it was changed this year and the bidding process coincided with the National Draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: