Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hard to know what to think about the draft this year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when you have low draft picks you've got more license to find the diamond in the rough.
----------
------------
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:24 am
Post subject: Re: Very confident Derek and Bucks know how to do it.Reply with quote

Robbie wrote:
I have been supporting The Mighty Magpies for almost sixty years and the confidence I have in our Club is the highest it's ever been. Derek, along with Bucks know exactly the type of player we need that will apply themselves and be a credit to the Pies.

Murray Weideman was my favourite player as a young Magpie fan, and I would have welcomed his Grandson's inclusion in our squad, I am equally aware we had no priority pick that would have seen this happen. That being the case I am positive Derek is the right man to assist Collingwood assembling the right players for the long and short term.

How I wish I was my Grandson's age, so I could attend the future seasons play of my proud Magpies, and if any out there believe our current players are the reason for your support, I suggest you find a new team that doesn't require anything from their supporters. At Collingwood we expect a lot from our supporters and members, especially because barracking for Collingwood is not easy, and neither should it be because the supporters of every other Club will hate ours. Side by Side we stick together to uphold the Magpies name is not simply a line in our Club song, and being part of the Magpie Army brings a sense of belonging like nothing else.

Very Happy Love your post Robbie just underlines what being an elderly pies supporter means to a lot of us. A new season and that always brings new hope, a great anticipation on what our pies will bring in 2016. The New players are some of the best I have hoped for in years. The two young midfielders in Aish and Adam aspire class and I still don't believe we got them! This meant that we were going to be in the background with new talent in this and next years draft, but personally speaking we have done the right thing! Class is hard to find and those two are special. Then there is always a Derek Hines "special" and it will be interesting to see the new kids develop! I will definitely be tuning in on the MagpieBat VFL show and see how they go. I was hoping for a KPF but it wasn't to be. Then there is always Howe who flyes like one, a player I have always admired when launching himself for the Dees. Cant wait to see how Bucks will play the high flyer. I am optimistic by nature, but the natural improvement of the list and the additions are good reasons to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: