Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies lose to Dons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:
I still filthy on the lack of effort. If they were going to not take it seriously, tank, or what ever, could have warned us. I would have put in the same effort and stayed home.

I'm still pissed off. Not feeling optimistic, and seeing pics of our players drunk, dressed like fucktards and enjoying themselves won't help. Cancel mad Monday, and the end of season trip. Too many don't $£$%^%%$ deserve it.

Send them off to actually work for a living. Bagging groceries or collecting rubbish might make them appreciate how $£$%^%%$ lucky they are.

And a couple could use a lesson on what the word team means. They could take a leaf out of FAZ s book. Has really turned the corner. One of only a handful that can hold their heads up after yesterday.

Doing better? On the right track? WTF! I don't see it, I just don't. You don't lose to Melbourne, the dopers like that. And guts would have won a couple of those "honourable losses". Be prepared to hurt a little, your paid enough. Gees the draw we had, this is not a good finish. They damn well better make pick seven count. Because it cost us something so valuable. It's called PRIDE.

I'm surprised you're still angry!

I must say I've been angry a few times over the way we performed recently but yesterday didn't make me angry for some reason. It was a complete dead rubber and I think the crowd and the players all felt the same barring the last ten minutes of the game where you could sense that everyone wanted to win in the end.

I've had my concerns about the club in some aspects for the long time and none of it has changed sadly as 2015 has concluded but I suppose we need to keep persevering as we head into 2016. For what it's worth it's not the young players we've drafted that has concerned me, but whether the coaching staff has the ability to develop them properly and teach them an effective and functioning game plan that will make us successful in the future.

Some of the losses this year have been very disheartening but some performances against sides like Fremantle and Hawthorn have also been very promising as well. This year has had a number of positives and negatives. I think we've stalled overall and we haven't improved largely but I don't think we're any worse than 12 months ago but some may disagree with that assessment.

Yes I disagree. If you go through players stats and team performance and the naked eye the team has clearly improved. The depth has also significantly improved and we are now at the point where adding lateral recruits is the go now that depth has been built via the draft. Our current plight arises from poor drafting between 2001 and 2003/2004. If you look at drafts since 2010 they have been really good. And if we can keep Scharenberg and Freeman fit + add at least Treloar then there is no reason why we can't play finals next year. As for the coaches I was really pleased to see what we did against Geelong as that showed a foretaste of what can happen once our players have enough experience to play in different positions. There are no guarantees in life but my sense is that we are building a powerful squad. Now, we just need to develop or acquire a Winguard X factor player over the next two years. Fasolo and Elliott are the two chances internally to do this.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have faith, DT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: