Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#12 Matt Scharenberg

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to choose one, I pick[quoteTannin][quoteRudeBoy]So feel free to disagree with my opinions.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Not sure he's doing his asking price in salary negotiations much good tonight.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:54 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Not sure he's doing his asking price in salary negotiations much good tonight.

Offer him 230k over 2 years, if he wants more let the crows pay it.

I've never once seen him take the game on, plays like a robot.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Patience. It will comes and it will come in spades.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Too early to tell how good he is IMO. Need to see him over a few more games & after a full preseason to be better placed to make a more informed opinion. I trust the club on this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:12 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Too early to tell how good he is IMO. Need to see him over a few more games & after a full preseason to be better placed to make a more informed opinion. I trust the club on this.

But surely we can't offer him a contract based on what we hope he'll become, I'm happy to add 50kpa or so based on him being a high DP, but nothing more, he simply doesn't deserve it, the crows are likely to offer him 400kpa over 4 years, we can't match that nor should we.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 pm

He's not that bad, I looked up his number!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 pm

jackcass wrote:
Tannin wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
So feel free to disagree with my opinions or pronouncements, after all, I often do so myself, shortly after posting them.

On balance, this is probably more sensible than (but not as funny as) those amongst us who disagree with their opinions even before they post them.

But I've paid for an argument!

Smile

Rexy17 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Did alright tonight and will be better for the run....will be good to watch him in 2016...the kid can play
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:30 am

To be honest, regardless of whether he stays or not, or even whether he's a future gun player, my main worry with him is his lack of emotional engagement with his teammates. Even after such a great win I noticed all the players walking off the ground with their arms around each other and smiling up big, and there was Scharenberg walking behind them all on his own looking like his mum had just died. I honestly know nothing about this kid, other than what I've seen, but it's his lack of passion for/with his teammates which is my biggest worry. That said, he's probably a terrific young kid.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 am

RudeBoy wrote:
To be honest, regardless of whether he stays or not, or even whether he's a future gun player, my main worry with him is his lack of emotional engagement with his teammates. Even after such a great win I noticed all the players walking off the ground with their arms around each other and smiling up big, and there was Scharenberg walking behind them all on his own looking like his mum had just died. I honestly know nothing about this kid, other than what I've seen, but it's his lack of passion for/with his teammates which is my biggest worry. That said, he's probably a terrific young kid.

it's often said rehab is a lonely place. i doubt he has spent much time with them. sometimes it takes players a while for them to feel like they belong not only at that level but in the group.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:47 am

John Wren wrote:

it's often said rehab is a lonely place. i doubt he has spent much time with them. sometimes it takes players a while for them to feel like they belong not only at that level but in the group.

Good point John Wren. Caff is probably the only player he knows really well and the Caff had've been out there, you probably would've seen them walking off together, with some smiles and chat from Schazza.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:01 am

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Fair enough. Despite my negative remarks about him, I'm actually starting to worry for him. He's probably a terrifically nice kid, so I'd just like to see him enjoy himself a bit more.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 am

I keep coming back to what I thought about him when he was drafted. Which is, that if he was really any good, he wouldn't have been playing defence in the juniors. Coaches put their match winners in the middle and in the forward line, not in defence.

He might be a good defender but those guys grow on trees and it's not too hard to find them on rookie lists (see Williams, Marley). You don't spend a first round pick on a defender.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:09 am

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
I keep coming back to what I thought about him when he was drafted. Which is, that if he was really any good, he wouldn't have been playing defence in the juniors. Coaches put their match winners in the middle and in the forward line, not in defence.

He might be a good defender but those guys grow on trees and it's not too hard to find them on rookie lists (see Williams, Marley). You don't spend a first round pick on a defender.

I think Buckley puts potential AFL players in the backline in the VFL to develop their defensive game. Many of these gun players have never had to worry about the defensive aspect of their game as they were head and shoulders above most of their peers when playing at junior level. As a result it becomes an area of weakness when up against better players. . Most gun players with good kicking skills at junior level went forward or joined the midfield to drive the ball forward.

I think it is all part of the grand plan and Shazza would be well informed of the process

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
Page 55 of 94   

Jump to: