Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Discussion on the RC into ALP...err...union corruption.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's get curiouser & curiouser cried Alice Laughing

The call from the ACTU chief follows a report in The Australian on Thursday that Counsel Assisting the Commission, Jeremy Stoljar, SC, may have alerted Mr Heydon to Liberal Party links to the event, named after former High Court chief justice and Liberal MP, Sir Garfield Barwick.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/dyson-heydon-misled-us-on-decision-to-quit-liberal-party-fundraiser-says-actu-20150827-gj98y6.html[/b]

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The good judge is delaying his findings announcement whether he should stand down or not. Probably had another Lib party function to attend & drank too much claret.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/trade-unions-royal-commission-dyson-heydon-delays-decision-on-whether-to-stand-down-20150824-gj6jgr.html

And again: was deferred to today but has now been put off to Monday.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 am

Dyson will announce today that he won't be standing down. The current Government has told him to stay on.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:35 am

What are your goals in life?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:46 pm

With Dyson staying on, any findings will be able to be challenged. A lawyer's picnic.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 pm

You and your Dyson staying on a findings will be able to be challenged.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:13 pm

A disastrous decision as the whole royal commission will be considered a farce now even though the investigation into union activity is warranted and justified.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Jezza wrote:
A disastrous decision as the whole royal commission will be considered a farce now even though the investigation into union activity is warranted and justified.
Bill Shorten, Unions and the ALP will be clapping their hands. They will now take legal action which will distract the public from any findings this RC comes up with. Abbott and Co looked at this RC to be the Golden Goose which has now become a Turkey. Razz
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm

No issue.

Commissioner Dyson looked into Commissioner Dyson to see if there were any apprehended bias.

Commissioner Dyson reported on the case & found there was no bias by Commissioner Dyson that could be apprehended.

Simple really Laughing Laughing

I Love it. A fine legal mind indeed. Woods & trees I believe.

Where is Charles Dickens when you need him?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Jezza wrote:

Yeah it's a pity but lets face it, it wouldn't matter who did it, it would be howled down and outcomes considered biased by those of that mind.

Opportunity to give an enema to an institution that badly needs it, to clean out the turds and let all the good ones hold their heads up with credibility sadly lost.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:56 pm

If they'd actually wanted to do what you said, Stui, they would have picked someone with integrity to run it in the first place. But they didn't. They wanted to drag up dirt on their opponents, so they picked one of their stooges, and - like everything else that Captain Catastrophe touches - it blew up in their faces.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:40 pm

^ Yeah, an opportunity lost. It seems that even where the instincts of this government are sound, they let low politics poison any good.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 pm

We both know that the Libs never wanted to do what i suggested, the outcome would have been actually positive for the union movement if the dross and scum were pushed out and the good people highlighted.

Unfortunately, the Libs didn't do it right and Labor won't do it unless something dramatic happens to force their hand. Opportunity lost.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 pm

^ Yup.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Yeah it's a pity but lets face it, it wouldn't matter who did it, it would be howled down and outcomes considered biased by those of that mind.

Opportunity to give an enema to an institution that badly needs it, to clean out the turds and let all the good ones hold their heads up with credibility sadly lost.

I agree with all of that. The credibility of this royal commission has sadly diminished!

It actually could have resulted in something positive within the union movement but instead corruption will still be rife and the findings and recommendations of the royal commission will not be taken seriously despite how truthful and serious they may be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: