Post match: Tigers trounce Pies. All comments please.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 am

I've tried to find the topic about where everyone expected the team to finish. It would be interesting to view that again.

Am I disappointed in whats transpired this year? Not really, I had no expectations this year. You know we are tanking when Vickory can kick 6 goals. We must play the kids going forward.

7-12 and if a lot went right we could sneak as high as 5th.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

I've tried to find the topic about where everyone expected the team to finish. It would be interesting to view that again.

Am I disappointed in whats transpired this year? Not really, I had no expectations this year. You know we are tanking when Vickory can kick 6 goals. We must play the kids going forward.

7-12 and if a lot went right we could sneak as high as 5th.

You were spot on then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:18 am

Went home at the 12 Minute Mark of the Last Qtr because we where utterly Pathatic and I see it got Worse when I left.

Sook, need to take a couple of tea spoons of cement immediately! Sculled dry if you are fair dinkum!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:19 am

I picked us to finish between 9 - 12 and got flamed by the usual suspects. BTW, they have been very quiet lately... Rolling Eyes

waaaa. c'mon lazza, stop with your woe is me "i get flamed" comments. you have been around this forum long enough to know what goes on.

???? I LOVE getting flamed JW!! That was not a whinge but a statement of fact dude. You are not reading me properly this week mate.

Bring it on with the flaming!! Means someone is actually reading my posts and is bothered by it Twisted Evil Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:52 am

Snuck in here this morning after promising myself I'd stay away. Morbid curiosity suppose. You didn't let me down Nicksters.

It was a shameful last quarter and yes, we are entitled to expect better, but we need to be realistic too; games like this happen over the journey. It happened to St.Kilda a few weeks back and the Bulldogs a couple of times this season. Hell, Melbourne has beaten Richmond and Geelong down at Geelong and then served up total crap the rest of the time.

What do all of these teams have in common? Bad coaches if you listen to the dills here, but I'd suggest they all have young lists and young lists equals inconsistency.

I'm not excusing the last quarter on Saturday; it was humiliating and really rocked me, but I've seen it before and I have faith we are on the right track. Trouble is, too may here have no idea about the short-term pain necessary when growing a talented young list.

I thought we'd finish somewhere between 9-12 with 8th being the very best we could hope for; 2015 was always about developing the talent. I can't wait for 2016. Collingwood has a great list and the additions of Treloar and Aish will add some much needed kicking silk. There's a lot to look forward to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:24 pm

I thought we'd finish somewhere between 9-12 with 8th being the very best we could hope for; 2015 was always about developing the talent. I can't wait for 2016.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

It's not about being right or wrong about the speculation but being realistic enough a year ago to make a proper prediction. For example, we were NEVER going to make the top four in our wildest dreams.

I too am excited about 2016 and onwards. The experience into the young kids will reap benefits for sure. I only hope they grab a KPP among the recruits. The rest will look after itself.

Put your sunnies on, it is going to be that bright an outlook for this team in 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:49 pm

I thought we'd finish somewhere between 9-12 with 8th being the very best we could hope for; 2015 was always about developing the talent. I can't wait for 2016.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

It's not about being right or wrong about the speculation but being realistic enough a year ago to make a proper prediction. For example, we were NEVER going to make the top four in our wildest dreams.

I too am excited about 2016 and onwards. The experience into the young kids will reap benefits for sure. I only hope they grab a KPP among the recruits. The rest will look after itself.

Put your sunnies on, it is going to be that bright an outlook for this team in 2016.

Very Happy IN a sea of dire negativity, a commonsense and realistic post, spot on, my sentiments precisely. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:34 pm

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

and in any of your wildest dreams would you have the welfare where they are? reality suggested we would need to have played out of our skins to attain top four but as much as what we can control, there are 17 other teams that have an influence on finsihing positions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:42 pm

I picked us to finish between 9 - 12 and got flamed by the usual suspects. BTW, they have been very quiet lately... Rolling Eyes

I was one of the individuals who thought we would have scrapped into the bottom of the 8. I thought that your prediction were pessimistic and not as positive as you normally view things.

You were proved right and I was proved wrong. That said I think we are both pretty disappointed in the teams most recent efforts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12