Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Double standard. A quick rant.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think you shouldn't completely delete a post when you can replace the contents with a comment such as <post deleted - unnecessary profanity>, <post deleted - no personal abuse>, etc.

Not only does the poster know why their post was removed, it reminds everyone of the rules.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:52 pm

David wrote:
Sorry if that last post came across as a bit short, was quickly writing before the beginning of a film.

Jezza, I completely agree that SZ is entitled to ask the question, and I'm happy to take part in a discussion in here on how the filter should be used (or even if we need one). Feedback is always welcome, and we do try to consider it and, when necessary, take actions based on it.

But this thread hasn't been 'buried', SZ. If you want to discuss this kind of stuff, this is the forum for it. I even left the thread link (with the 'moved' prefix) in GD so people could find it.

So, while we're here, let's talk about this. How do you want to see swearing regulated on this board? Are you happy with the filter?

I don't care how it's regulated as long as it's done so uniformly and not just on the basis of donnys personal agenda.
He hasn't bothered with reply anyway so no point David, especially now this has been buried away from where people would actively discuss it. Why because let's be honest the powers that be aren't interested in feedback.

Just up to me now as to whether I continue to post here or just use the site for news.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:31 am

What'sinaname wrote:
My Ennis comment in the Pelvis thread got deleted twice and the last Dyso post in the match thread says

piedys wrote:
"Go and die KUNT umpires."

go figure!?!

And? Shocked
Which posters exactly took offence to my use of German slang?! Laughing

Dyso
xx

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:45 am

Defender wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
It's because Donny doesn't like you.

The party line of "we do our best, we are only volunteers and can't be everywhere" will be wheeled out, but this defender is more the truth of the matter.

He's twirling he's moustache as we speak.

And tying SZ to the traintracks with rope, needing a hero to jump in and save the day, but wait - there's more...
And a train rapidly approaches in the distance, while the soundtrack pianola plays a manic tune of angst in a minor key...
And this all plays out on superb vintage grainy black&white film...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Get this one - Donny had given me the sh1ts one day by deleting my posts aimed at Dunstall's commentary, to the point I had a bit of a crack at him.
Nek Minnit - Golden Gordon PM's me trying to get me to start an "out with Donny" campaign! LMAO!!! Had to let Jacks Pain know I was on to him at that point and I don't go about things the way he was suggesting. Laughing Laughing

(I can't possibly be breaking the confidence of a fake character now can I??) Laughing

Donny does seem to have some very big Censorship on the Forum.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I haven't had any issues with the mods but I think some feedback as to why a post is deleted wouldn't do any harm to be honest.

Most of us understand that the moderators have a tough job and we appreciate what they do behind the scenes to maintain the day to day runnings of the forum but some transparency from both sides is required.

After all, this section of the forum was designed for any issues relating to the moderation of this forum so I think September Zeros is entitled to ask the question as to why his post (which I believe was a sign of emotion and relief more than anything else after today's win) was deleted in the first place.

Having these kinds of fights doesn't achieve anything except making this forum a more hostile arena to discuss the club so hopefully SZ's issues and grievances can be dealt with in a civil manner.

Right on most accounts Jezza, except this has been buried away again so won't be resolved.

As for your argument David......bull....shit. There were quite a few posters who used the same language within seconds of my post. Yet mine was the only one deleted at that time. So it doesn't wash at all. Instead of defending Donny perhaps ask him the question why because it was pathetic rubbish moderating by him.

He moderates to his own likes and dislikes. This is not how a moderator should operate, and it shouldn't be tolerated by the moderation team let alone the posters.

Anyway I see this thread has been buried and tucked away again Mao zhe tong style so it will be ignored again by admin.

Bury it, bury it, bury it.

What a Wank.

I barely post these days. Gone from wanting to be actively involved in nicks to not being bothered at all due primarily to this kind of unnecessary censorship.

Alot of posters just come here for the news these days ......not a bad idea. Take but give nothing.

When it goes on the General Feedback forum. Hardly anyone reads it. Could be seen ofd Hiding it from Everyone else

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:05 pm

The Seedsmeister wrote:
I still think you shouldn't completely delete a post when you can replace the contents with a comment such as <post deleted - unnecessary profanity>, <post deleted - no personal abuse>, etc.

Not only does the poster know why their post was removed, it reminds everyone of the rules.

Good Idea. We know why the Deletion then.

Nicks is not a Busy Board anyway

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:43 pm

The issue with doing it the way you propose DTM is that when you communicate with some by PM as an example and explaine why a post was deleted it can then form a life of its own with numerous PM exchanges taking place to explain and refute differing opinions. At the end of the day it is not helpful and it makes the responsibility of being a mod both onerous and time consuming
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
The issue with doing it the way you propose DTM is that when you communicate with some by PM as an example and explaine why a post was deleted it can then form a life of its own with numerous PM exchanges taking place to explain and refute differing opinions. At the end of the day it is not helpful and it makes the responsibility of being a mod both onerous and time consuming

They can put there Reason when they Edit the the Post. Or Post something about it in the Thread

As I said Bigfooty is way more Members but they have Better Mods there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: