Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies down to Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
It's easy to ignore a problem when the sun is shining. And to note the Hawthorn Cheersquad was half empty at the Richmond game so it's not all sunshine and lollipops at the top of the ladder either it appears.

The AFL are painting over this problem by giving away thousands of free tickets to this weekend's Multicultural round. So the crowds might look good for this week on TV but are these people who get free tickets going to go and pay to attend games next weekend? I very much doubt that most will do this.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Who cares about crowds or $9 beers!?
6 losses in a row is something not one single one of us saw coming. Come on, tell me you picked it!

You didn’t! No one did!

The fact is our guys dropped their heads after the first 4, especially that Port game when we just needed a lousy goal and kicked three behinds from about 8 shots. We put in the best we had again for the third time in four weeks, and were really in a good position to outrun the Eagles. With just 4 minutes and time on left to go we were just 2 kicks behind and attacking constantly. We had shot after shot and kicked nothing, when a single chiko would've given us the momentum, and probably the win. As it was they finally broke out and kicked a coast to coast TOTALLY against the run of play. That was it, the camels back broke and we basically left the field. 31 points was no reflection on the game. We were 8, 4, and 7 points down at the first 3 changes. If Steelo or Seedy had kicked straighter late in the last, it might have turned the game, but as usual - and for the 4th week running - our kicking was bloody awful.
The same thing happened the following fortnight, except that we played bloody poorly. Still we were within a goal or so late in the game.

The last time we had a 6 game streak, way back in 2005, the situation was completely different, we were beaten by 100 plus twice that year, and beaten by 78 by StKilda! We were truly a rabble, and never got above 14th. We stunk up the park, and the reasons were mental. We just didn’t recover from 2 lost grand Finals, and we were all told something suspect happened in '03. If the players knew that the following years are no great shock.

This time around it’s a completely different situation. We are NOT a rabble, we have the best list we've had since 2011, and that was the best Collingwood list I ever saw, including 1990 & 2010. We showed, in the two games after the bye, that we can compete with the best there is, and are probably the best side ever to be in 11th spot. Last week we were a game out of the 8, 2 games out of 5th, and had the 4th best percentage. Unfortunately the expected turnaround against Melbourne didn't happen and now we are finished for the year. (side note, it looks like the abandoned Geelong/Adelaide game is going to decide the bottom part of the Cool. We can certainly still make the 8, theoretically we could still finish between 5th and 15th but 5th is highly unlikely, we'd have to beat Geelong, Richmond and Sydney with a 180 degree form turnaround. The most likely outcome is to finish right where we are in 11th, although Port have a good run home and if we keep losing they'll pass us. If that turnaround DID happen it should be remembered that 5th and 8th are basically the same thing if both spots are occupied by Melbourne teams, and a re-invigorated Collingwood would still be a worry for most.

But again, its unlikely, and a second 11th place will cause questions to be asked at season's end.

It seems the same old players are already calling people ""perceptive fellow"", and no doubt I'll be one of them, but the reality is tat we here are basically divided into two factions, those who blame the players, and those who blame the coaches. Why one would be "Sad" and the other "Happy" is quite beyond me, but then theres a third, smaller group. The completely deluded bunch who believe this is all a very cunning plan which will bear fruit in 2017 or later. As far as I'm concerned such people just aren't that interested in Collingwood, or are newcomers. They should be ignored at all costs, if we are to have a successful 2016

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:19 pm

No, I didn't, I picked 5 in a row but I thought we'd play Melbourne with a forward-line.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:04 am

I expected 4 losses and felt the Dogs game would be very difficult given it was played at Docklands. 5 losses was not a great surprise, only the 6th has been.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 am

Should not have lost to Port or Melbourne and Bulldogs was a 50:50.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 am

the rolling maul contested ball movement and tackle pressure game plan is taxing no end. especially to a young list.
then there's the set shot goal kicking. deplorable.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Was at the game, its going to be the only one I catch this year, and had a tremendous time despite the result, best ground in the world to watch footy at.

We were badly lacking options coming off half back, and we really missed Clokes long leads and double leads. Darcy tried hard, but was buffeted effectively by his man all day. Took a few marks on the rare occasion he did get space.

Varcoe is a machine

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:58 pm

35forever wrote:
Who cares about crowds or $9 beers!?
6 losses in a row is something not one single one of us saw coming. Come on, tell me you picked it!

You didn’t! No one did!

The fact is our guys dropped their heads after the first 4, especially that Port game when we just needed a lousy goal and kicked three behinds from about 8 shots. We put in the best we had again for the third time in four weeks, and were really in a good position to outrun the Eagles. With just 4 minutes and time on left to go we were just 2 kicks behind and attacking constantly. We had shot after shot and kicked nothing, when a single chiko would've given us the momentum, and probably the win. As it was they finally broke out and kicked a coast to coast TOTALLY against the run of play. That was it, the camels back broke and we basically left the field. 31 points was no reflection on the game. We were 8, 4, and 7 points down at the first 3 changes. If Steelo or Seedy had kicked straighter late in the last, it might have turned the game, but as usual - and for the 4th week running - our kicking was bloody awful.
The same thing happened the following fortnight, except that we played bloody poorly. Still we were within a goal or so late in the game.

The last time we had a 6 game streak, way back in 2005, the situation was completely different, we were beaten by 100 plus twice that year, and beaten by 78 by StKilda! We were truly a rabble, and never got above 14th. We stunk up the park, and the reasons were mental. We just didn’t recover from 2 lost grand Finals, and we were all told something suspect happened in '03. If the players knew that the following years are no great shock.

This time around it’s a completely different situation. We are NOT a rabble, we have the best list we've had since 2011, and that was the best Collingwood list I ever saw, including 1990 & 2010. We showed, in the two games after the bye, that we can compete with the best there is, and are probably the best side ever to be in 11th spot. Last week we were a game out of the 8, 2 games out of 5th, and had the 4th best percentage. Unfortunately the expected turnaround against Melbourne didn't happen and now we are finished for the year. (side note, it looks like the abandoned Geelong/Adelaide game is going to decide the bottom part of the Cool. We can certainly still make the 8, theoretically we could still finish between 5th and 15th but 5th is highly unlikely, we'd have to beat Geelong, Richmond and Sydney with a 180 degree form turnaround. The most likely outcome is to finish right where we are in 11th, although Port have a good run home and if we keep losing they'll pass us. If that turnaround DID happen it should be remembered that 5th and 8th are basically the same thing if both spots are occupied by Melbourne teams, and a re-invigorated Collingwood would still be a worry for most.

But again, its unlikely, and a second 11th place will cause questions to be asked at season's end.

It seems the same old players are already calling people ""perceptive fellow"", and no doubt I'll be one of them, but the reality is tat we here are basically divided into two factions, those who blame the players, and those who blame the coaches. Why one would be "Sad" and the other "Happy" is quite beyond me, but then theres a third, smaller group. The completely deluded bunch who believe this is all a very cunning plan which will bear fruit in 2017 or later. As far as I'm concerned such people just aren't that interested in Collingwood, or are newcomers. They should be ignored at all costs, if we are to have a successful 2016

AS i said elsewhere, i truly think losing those three heartbreaking games too the dockers, piss and poop, and Port, knocked the tar out of our young team, confidence shattered, they busted their guts, and still no cigar. Its understandable with a young and promising team, these things happen, just get a win under our belts this week, and it could yet turn around. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: