Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

people need to relax a little...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm not worried about losing 6 games in a row, as the first 3 were brave and almost heroic performances against the very best teams. However, our last 2 defeats have been terrible against other very young teams. We cannot blame youth for these losses. Clearly we look exhausted, so maybe the players are being trained too hard? I don't know, but we've lost all zip and vigour. Perhaps the whole team should be given a few days off with no training, just to freshen up. Also, the on-going double ruck combo is killing us as neither of our rucks are having much impact. Better to play just one.

Today was hopeless. Last week I expected, especially without Cloke and Elliott - I just didn't see how we could kick a big enough score. The stats show that the Dogs this season are a 50-point better team at Docklands than they are away (that's not hyperbole - the Welfare kicks 120 points-for at Docklands and 70 point- for away from there). But what was served up this afternoon was inexcusable.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:37 pm

derkd wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Scott Burns?

maybe, a bit like Gavin Brown.....could he do any more then Buckley?

Maybe the games gone past Burns as well, don't know

Was just thinking out loud (he didn't put his hand up to coach the Crows)

It's thin ranks out there unless you think Stuart Dew is the messiah

Just know this can't continue

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm

John Wren wrote:
once in a blue moon rings true today. a touch under 38k turned up which was poor. we hadn't lost to this mob in the last 11 outings (since 2007). our worst performance of the year by far. we simply looked cooked and couldn't sustain any semblance of pressure.

six losses in a row is never great for any club, coach or supporter but, as you suggest, it's not the end of the world. today doesn't diminish my belief that we will be there or thereabouts in the next few years.

The only reason i hope the club does not "blink" now is that all of Clarkson, Thompson and even Malthouse (back in about '09) were on the edge of being sacked. They managed to turn around fortunes and have success. Lets just see how the start of 2016 goes. you don't fluke 8-3 two years running, another year into young legs see if we can run out a second half of a year better.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm

John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm not quite sure if the reference to Scharenberg is enough to call this the 11th Shazza thread of the day but you've certainly managed to speculate on his future and trade currency, so it's not without possibilities. I'll throw it to the judges: JW?

the great man's name has been typed for all to see. that counts as a thread about him.

OK. I'm calling it. That's 11. Laughing
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I'm not quite sure if the reference to Scharenberg is enough to call this the 11th Shazza thread of the day but you've certainly managed to speculate on his future and trade currency, so it's not without possibilities. I'll throw it to the judges: JW?

the great man's name has been typed for all to see. that counts as a thread about him.

OK. I'm calling it. That's 11. Laughing

i shall get a beer to commemorate this great occasion!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:43 pm

derkd wrote:
John Wren wrote:
once in a blue moon rings true today. a touch under 38k turned up which was poor. we hadn't lost to this mob in the last 11 outings (since 2007). our worst performance of the year by far. we simply looked cooked and couldn't sustain any semblance of pressure.

six losses in a row is never great for any club, coach or supporter but, as you suggest, it's not the end of the world. today doesn't diminish my belief that we will be there or thereabouts in the next few years.

The only reason i hope the club does not "blink" now is that all of Clarkson, Thompson and even Malthouse (back in about '09) were on the edge of being sacked. They managed to turn around fortunes and have success. Lets just see how the start of 2016 goes. you don't fluke 8-3 two years running, another year into young legs see if we can run out a second half of a year better.

in spite of what some supporters are saying the club is not going to blink. the coach is a whole of club thing not just what we see on game day even though it is the only real thing we can judge a coach by.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:46 pm
Post subject: Re: people need to relax a little...Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
Ok, a few deep breaths please people.....

The loss today - yes, disappointing. Full credit to Melbourne...they just wanted it more and big congrats to them a club that has been a big black hole has some light.

Collingwood, we have lost a few in a row (6 now, i think) in that has been some very difficult games, Hawthorn, Freo, West Coast, Port. all of which we have been in with a shot.

I think a few of the younger players the likes of - Crisp, Langdon, Frost, Elliott,Witts and Grundy may have just run out of steam. It happens. Do we need to sack the coach? would you have wanted to sack him when we were 8 and 3? Is Buckley the reason we are where we are? ..... And if you still argue for sacking him my question is still who do you replace him with?

My argument is, We have a glimpse of how good we can be. We are still a young side, what is to be gained from jumping the gun and sacking the coach? (unless you have a unbelievable chance at say a Clarkson). go to the draft and trade table this year and keep building.

Yes we have some dead wood that needs to be cleaned out. the likes of White, and i am still not sold on Blair, Young (injuries have robbed him). We may lose Mathew Scharenberg, shame, but as has been discussed in other threads could have currency.

I get this sense a few too many on here hold to the fact that we have to be top four every year. It is a journey and it will take time.

Mate, all good points; with one exception: F*ck Melbourne.
They tanked, and tanked, and tanked for years.
They deserve no plaudits or congratulations, other than Bronx cheers.
They will find a way back to their black hole, they always do.

It is fine to say our younger players have run out of steam etc.
Melbourne's players didn't seem to have that problem today, particularly in the final term.
Questions need to be asked, particularly of the coaching and DR.DEATH Devoran.

And we're 8-3 every f*cking year by the half way mark, really due to not much more than anomalies in the AFL's annual shitfest fixture.
Once every team half FINALLY played each other once, you generally get an idea of who the top 4, and teams 5-8 are.
They rest deserve to be where are due to poor coaching, conditioning and skills, and lastly injuries. Injuries that we can't use as an excuse in 2015.

Lose to Carlton next week, or for that matter, make them look half competent, then the forum will be a bloodbath not seen for quite a while.

Dyso

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 pm

God won't be able to help this joint if we lose next week.

All I can say is anyone who bags Cloke should have his head read. Without him we don't look getting any more than 10 goals

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:54 pm

^^^ Except at Docklands, where we get 13 (but I agree with your sentiment).
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:56 pm

If we lose to Carlton next week, by god we'll be re-convening this discussion...I dread to think...
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Except at Docklands, where we get 13 (but I agree with your sentiment).

58 entries today for 7.12, woeful!!!

It appeared Fasolo was the only target and this was from the very start and it had me worried.

Heizenberg 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
calling for calm on nick's, that's like telling your missus she is overacting and to calm down.

haha, sad but true. But OP is right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: