Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

First speedbump for Dandrews Vic labor

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:08 pm
Post subject: First speedbump for Dandrews Vic laborReply with quote

And it's a beauty.

On the surface it seems like a bloke has been carpeted for being too touchy with the female chief of staff. No insinuations about Union thugs please.

Very quickly turned into something different.

Quote:
If Premier Daniel Andrews thought his troubles were over with the forced resignation of Adem Somyurek, he was wrong.
Within 15 minutes of the news that Mr Somyurek had been shown the door, one senior figure in Labor's right said: "It's on like Donkey Kong."
Factional fallout got ugly, quickly.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/on-like-donkey-kong-somyureks-fall-could-start-factional-war-20150728-gim2sy.html#ixzz3hBPcvVM7

Quote:
Open factional war has broken out within Victorian Labor, after Premier Daniel Andrews forced Small Business Minister Adem Somyurek to resign over bullying allegations from his former chief of staff.
In an extraordinary day in state politics, the Premier on Tuesday released former Office of Police Integrity boss Michael Strong's report into alleged bullying by Mr Somyurek of his former chief of staff, Dimity Paul.
In her own press conference, Ms Paul said Mr Somyurek had subjected her to repeated abusive behaviour – which she delayed reporting because she feared for her career, and did not want to think of herself as a victim.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/adem-somyurek-resigns-as-small-business-minister-after-bullying-investigation-20150728-gilzxb.html#ixzz3hBPqthII

Quote:
Adem Somyurek has claimed the bullying allegations against him are part of "payback" plot for abandoning the shop assistants union.
This has been strongly rejected and is open to dispute. But in the sub-factional arrangements of the Labor Party, moving from one group to another is frowned upon, and the "Shoppies" wield considerable power indeed.
Advertisement

Mr Somyurek recently walked away from his ties with the Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees Association (SDA) – the largest union affiliated with Labor, and said to be the last bastion of conservative Catholicism within the party.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/the-power-of-the-shoppies-union-20150728-gimgkw.html#ixzz3hBQ4pTsV

Taken on face value, Kudos to Dandrews for acting swiftly and appropriately. Lets see what happens from here on.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They are Weak as Piss.

I vote Labor but I think Andrews has little chance of lasting more then 1 her,

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Taken on face value, Kudos to Dandrews for acting swiftly and appropriately. Lets see what happens from here on.

Kudo's indeed!
It is so refreshing to see a party leader with some some back-bone when it comes to politicians that abuse the high office we entrust them with!

Here is the P.M's response to news that the speaker has been rorting the expense account for the last 30 years!
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/bronwyn-bishop-helicopter-scandal-tony-abbotts-blunt-warning-to-speaker-20150721-gih014.html

Quote:
"Inevitably, in situations like this, if you break the rules and pay back the money and you get probation!"

I don't remember him being so lenient with the former speaker or back-ward in coming forward when it comes to accusing his political opponent s of impropriety but the news in yesterday leaves one's jaw swinging in the wind!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-refuses-to-defend-bronwyn-bishop-over-sophie-mirabella-wedding-trip-20150727-gil8mq.html

For 30 years that woman has been making merry with the public nurse at it's time it ended with no more excuses from mr Buutttt Abbott!
~~~
I hope this "fad" of Daniel Andrews catches on!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Not sure exactly what he's done wrong here. Personally, I'm usually not crazy about knee-jerk public executions, but workplace bullying is a serious issue and at least somewhat relevant to the minister's performance in his job.

Sure, it sounds like a factional turf war waiting to happen. But, as they say ... forget it Jake, it's Labor.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

What's brown one bishop got to do with this? Isn't there threads about her already?
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What's brown one bishop got to do with this? Isn't there threads about her already?

I began my post welcoming the openness and decisiveness of our Premier and was comparing it to way out current incumbent P.M is handling similar claims of misconduct and impropriety.
I closed saying I look forward to the day the Liberals apply these same standards!

I haven't been around much but there's a Liberals snouts in the trough thread, inside the liberal cess-pit but no mention of Brown Eye Bishop (to Queen 7) and her little fund raising jaunt down the Bellarine Peninsular.

David, you are the epitome of why I'd never "even in a pink fit" vote for the Greens!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 am

So Premier Dan Andrews ensured there was an independent review of claims of misconduct /abuse? that's terrible.

So Premier Dan Andrews arranged for the Pollie to resign from his ministerial portfolios? that's terrible.

So Dan Andrews acted decisively & clearly? that's terrible

Perhaps he ought to have placed the fellow on probation, that would have been a lot better Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
So Premier Dan Andrews ensured there was an independent review of claims of misconduct /abuse? that's terrible.

So Premier Dan Andrews arranged for the Pollie to resign from his ministerial portfolios? that's terrible.

So Dan Andrews acted decisively & clearly? that's terrible

Perhaps he ought to have placed the fellow on probation, that would have been a lot better Rolling Eyes

Where did I say he'd done anything wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: